Neo geo X firmware reinstall / no hdmi sound

Napalm1337

n00b
Hi,

Is it possible to reflash the current standard firmware over again? I'm having an issues where being docked or plugged via hdmi doesn't produce any sound but in handheld it works fine. I have checked different cables to no avail. My system hasn't been modded in anyway either.

Can someone please advise?

Many thanks

Sublimewls

New Challenger
I vaguely remember having issues similar… why don’t you upgrade the firmware? I don’t remember if there was a disadvantage or not to it…

Napalm1337

n00b
I vaguely remember having issues similar… why don’t you upgrade the firmware? I don’t remember if there was a disadvantage or not to it…
The current firmware version installed is v500a, is this not the most up-to-date version available?

Napalm1337

n00b
I can confirm for anyone with the same issue, you can indeed reflash the current firmware version again, this resolved the issue. Seems like a bad flash 1st time around? Either way it's working perfect now

NexusX

Astra Superstar
They still never fixed the issue with the swapped stereo audio channels have they? Screwed for HDMI output but a simple manual swap for RCA output right?

Sublimewls

New Challenger
I can confirm for anyone with the same issue, you can indeed reflash the current firmware version again, this resolved the issue. Seems like a bad flash 1st time around? Either way it's working perfect now

Where did you get the firmware from?

Gaoh

New Challenger
Where did you get the firmware from?
I had problems as well, but something the user Napalm mentioned that actually fixed it for me, granted I updated the firmware and reflashed but that wasn’t the issue.

It’s your TV or home theater that’s the problem. HDMI is incredibly sensitive when it comes to bootleg content that the first thing it sensors is the audio, if you plug your neo geo x cable to the first 2 HDMI ports on your device that has EARC or ARC it will block the signal. By default the first two hdmi ports have that capability.

I tried using every single hdmi port on my pioneer receiver and nothing, even bought another mini hdmi/hdmi cord and nothing, my setup doesn’t have A/V inputs so I literally used the last port of my tv being HDMI 4 and it worked. My tv is hooked with a pass through the receiver using the last numbered port of my tv so it worked right afterward haha, the only thing that sucks is the new firmware i updated changed the select button to the Home button for some reason hahaha.