Voultar MIA?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Anyone heard anything from Voultar or have his info? I sent him an N64 to mod back at the end of January, and haven't heard anything from him on if he received it, started working it, or anything. I shot him an email and a message on his website with no response.

Just want to know be received the package and was working it, i want to give him money for his services but haven't heard from him. If anyone has a lead, let me know. Thanks!

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Curious, what does he charge for a mod like that?

If I can ever swing getting a DCHDMI, I'd like someone experienced to install it, because I ain't gonna try!

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Curious, what does he charge for a mod like that?

If I can ever swing getting a DCHDMI, I'd like someone experienced to install it, because I ain't gonna try!
He charged $120 for the digital N64 install, not including shipping to and from. He charged once the system is completed as opposed to up front.

Shot him a DM on Twitter, no response yet.

ShootTheCore

Bead Banger
He's stated on Twitter a few times that the "Submit a Support Ticket" link on his website is the best way to contact him about any work he's doing for current customers.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
He's stated on Twitter a few times that the "Submit a Support Ticket" link on his website is the best way to contact him about any work he's doing for current customers.
I submitted a ticket back in mid March with no reply. I wasn't sure if he was on vacation, taking a break from mod work, or whatnot.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
He's been on podcasts and what not since then. Pretty sure he's active. Guy does first-in-class work. Hope you get it worked out.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
That’s frustrating. Hope he gets back to you soon.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
So update, he tweeted me back saying he got my order back in January. So the console is there, let's see how long it takes to get it back.

Anyone know what his usual turnaround time is?

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Pretty shitty that he ghosted you until you reached out publicly. I understand things take time but it takes 30 seconds to confirm receipt with someone.

Hopefully you get it back in a timely manner, even without money changing hands in advance four months is a long time to wait on a service. He does good work though!

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
That's the cost of sending your console to the funny famous youtube man. Very common to have orders lost in the shuffle with those people from my own experience.
Ironic since i sent him stuff before he got "big" with no issue. Never knew he was a big tymer in YouTube but now i know, would have influenced the decision on who to use for the service

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
He's a celebrity modder. People hang on his every tweet on twitter, and his name is constantly mentioned as the pinnacle in soldering. He even made the amp boards in my Duo and SNES. So yeah.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
He talks a lot of shit of Twitter and has no problem calling out other modders (sometimes justified) or even his customers who don’t ship things packaged the way he would have. Seems like a huge douche tbh regardless of how skilled he is at fixing up old toys.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm using that term facetiously, but it's no joke the respect Voultar gets. Most of it is deserved. But there are many others out there who do top quality mod work.

Capitalistix

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
So tbh I think the guy does do very very good work. I have to say though, I once sent him a AV famicom to RGB mod and this was a few years ago, probably 2018 or early 19 and he had the console for months to the point where I had forgotten about it. He had not sent any communication to me at all during it, no updates etc. Then when it was done the dude sent me an email, which I missed, about 5 days or so went by and then he sent me another one that was rude as all fuck, asking to be paid, acting like I was a problematic customer, using rude ass language. Just overall very off putting. I saw the second email. Paid him, apologized and explained I had missed the first email, and had a few follow up questions regarding the work. Dude straight up wouldnt respond to me.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
So tbh I think the guy does do very very good work. I have to say though, I once sent him a AV famicom to RGB mod and this was a few years ago, probably 2018 or early 19 and he had the console for months to the point where I had forgotten about it. He had not sent any communication to me at all during it, no updates etc. Then when it was done the dude sent me an email, which I missed, about 5 days or so went by and then he sent me another one that was rude as all fuck, asking to be paid, acting like I was a problematic customer, using rude ass language. Just overall very off putting. I saw the second email. Paid him, apologized and explained I had missed the first email, and had a few follow up questions regarding the work. Dude straight up wouldnt respond to me.

He seems like a weird dude overall. I like the work in his videos but that whole "persona" is kind of wack.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
He seems like a weird dude overall. I like the work in his videos but that whole "persona" is kind of wack.
True. Sometimes it looks someone is sticking a finger up his ass while he's talking. :keke: