Ninja Commando PAL/EUR -Gloss in the sticker-

Arvo

n00b
Hi all,

Here Ramon from Spain, this is my very first post on NG.com so HELLO everybody!

I recently adquired a Ninja Commando PAL/EUR unit and I was quite shocked / scared when I saw the sticker of the cartridge. I immediately noticed that it was a lot less glossy / shiny than the rest of stickers on my collection. I contacted the seller and he assured me that he had the game for a long time and he knew the unit was 100% legit. I believed him but I wanted to continue investigating about this.

I'm speaking about this:

Unidad_00_02.jpg

After that, I took a bunch of pictures of all the elements of the unit and everything (die-cutting, rosetta pattern of the offset printing) looked perfectly right. Apart from that, I've been collecting pictures of every single unit on the internet (both PAL and JAP versions) and all of them looked the same: sticker without gloss.

A bit more detailed picture of my sticker:

Unidad_00_01.jpg

So, is this something widely known in the NEO GEO community? I could not find any thread related. Or I've just purchased the most expensive repro on the planet Earth?? :LOL:

Any extra info about this is more than welcome!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Minimal or no gloss is common with ADK developed games on the Neo Geo AES, seems Ninja Commando is no exception.

Arvo

n00b
Thanks for your reply HMG!

That's very interesting. The only games by ADK I've got are Blue's Journey and Magician Lord and both stickers are "glossy"...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Thanks for your reply HMG!

That's very interesting. The only games by ADK I've got are Blue's Journey and Magician Lord and both stickers are "glossy"...

Those very early games were likely published by SNK. By the time one gets to 1992 and later with games like World Heroes 1 and 2, these were published by ADK themselves and have the same papery non-glossy labels as Ninja Commando.

Arvo

n00b
Wow...I didn't know anything about it. Thanks so much for the info HMG, I really appreciate it.