What is your favorite mvs motherboard?

konrad

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I like the mvf1 because each chip is independent, the last vertical load on a chip, there are two if the ysa that contains the z80 and the yamaha 2610 breaks down, for example, you have to change everything for one and in the first plates they are independent it is clear that to reduce the size it is necessary to resort to that but not always a technical advance is better.

Digmac

Leona's Therapist
MV1FZ. Compact, yet still has a socketed BIOS. Mid 90s production if I'm not mistaken, and they seem to be reliable boards.

ConstitutionalCommando

New Challenger
MV2F IMO is the best all around. You get the memory card slot and headphone jacks in the front without all of the additional wires from a 4 slot. It's 1 board as compared to 2 boards for the 4 or 6 slot. It supports the LED marquee panels with the built in connector. The only cons are the that the battery leaks and destroys the board and there's no stereo out connector.

NexusX

Astra Superstar
MV2F. Imo it is the best out of the bunch. The features that you have access to on it as well as it being a multi slot and it's compact enough to where it's not overwhelming like a four or six slot mobo.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
I don't own a 1C but I'm always impressed at how small SNK shrunk that board down from the original 1-slot. I wonder if they had produced another revision in 2003, how much further they could have shrunk it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
I loved the MV1-FZS due to it's size and the socketed bios.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
MV2F IMO is the best all around. You get the memory card slot and headphone jacks in the front without all of the additional wires from a 4 slot. It's 1 board as compared to 2 boards for the 4 or 6 slot. It supports the LED marquee panels with the built in connector. The only cons are the that the battery leaks and destroys the board and there's no stereo out connector.
How come? There's 2 output jacks...:spock:

supersega

Mr. Big's Thug
Yes on the front of the board that protrudes through the 2 slot cabinet metal plate for headphones. There's no 4 pin stereo connector like the 4 slots to connect to an amplifier.

Interesting… wonder why those headphone jacks are used for line in on the MVS then. Dunno why, but one reason I’ve heard is SNK wanted you to be able to play music through the cab.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
My favorite by far is the MV-1F (and its sub models like the 1FT and 1FS), mainly because it has built-in controller ports, headphone level audio, a socketed BIOS and isn’t too big so it fits comfortably in most shelves and entertainment centres. It’s maybe not the best choice if you want a supergun setup, but it’s fantastic for consolizing as it doesn’t require a ton of work to assemble.

I see some votes in here for the MV-1FZ, a friend pointed out to me that this board uses way fewer NEO-BUF chips among other consolidations and as such is easier to repair and more reliable. The NEO-BUF chips found largely in MV-1A and 1B boards really are notorious for dying and are annoying to replace.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I don't own a 1C but I'm always impressed at how small SNK shrunk that board down from the original 1-slot. I wonder if they had produced another revision in 2003, how much further they could have shrunk it.
Well, they did actually.

Kof2003_pcb1_front.jpg

NexusX

Astra Superstar
Well, they did actually.

Kof2003_pcb1_front.jpg
That is actually one of the cheaper ways to get KOF 2003. If the market hasn't gone crazy stupid yet at least. MS5 though is still up there if I remember correctly.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I currently have two of these boards, both with the click of death. They don’t appear to have any physical damage at all.

Reflowing the custom chips has helps me with this occasionally,