Picard

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
The big fleet vs fleet confrontation with Riker to protect the Synths from being wiped out. It showed they're ready to intervene and help out the less fortunate while getting over their own prejudices, specifically when they banned Synths.

Picard rejoining Starfleet and Elnor becoming the first full Romulan Starfleet officer in S2 are also big signifiers.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The big fleet vs fleet confrontation with Riker to protect the Synths from being wiped out. It showed they're ready to intervene and help out the less fortunate while getting over their own prejudices, specifically when they banned Synths.

Picard rejoining Starfleet and Elnor becoming the first full Romulan Starfleet officer in S2 are also big signifiers.

I’ll concede it’s a start but at the end of the day the federation fucked the Romulans. Now there is a case to be made that it’s the fault of Romulan secret intelligence (it is) but frankly I need to see formal peace with and assistance to the romulans. Picard was right. The romulans for their part need to eradicate the Zhat Vash from the Tal Shiar. Could be a good storyline for creating peace.

But I’m guessing Picard season 3 is Borg bullshit.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m watching Star Trek VI now.

The Romulus destruction plot line is just fucking lazy.

Kim Catrral is one fine Vulcan. But so was Kirstie Allie.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Season 1 was ok, but allow me to go the fuck off on this pile of shit they call season 2.

Trumps been gone for a year now, can these blue haired homos in the writing room stop crying about how bad America is?

You got rid of the orange daughter fucker and replaced him with the demented daughter fucker so everything should be ok now!

The noble spic arc:
All border agents are universally white hillbilly peckerwoods and all the mexicans coming in are roguishly handsome hard working salt of the earth types just looking for a better life.

LMAO.

As a Canadian my first exposure to mexican migrants was riding a big rig down to Kentucky. Mexicans were all over this truck stop and here's what I saw: they were hanging around huffing gas and drinking themselves blind, one jumped up on the truck and slurred out something about money....his eyes were rolled back and drool/prevomit was dripping off his chin.

The mexicans I saw are fat, lazy, substance abusing retards, so in other words, the perfect Americans....but fuck this show for trying to convince me otherwise.

BLM guynan was fucking terrible too.
Here's a hot take: fuck George Floyd....Im glad he's dead but I hope they time travel in season 3 to save his life because he turns out to be an ancestor of Geordie LaForge.

That's pretty much it.
leave it to the mass (hysteria) media to turn a career criminal and drug addict into a martyr

Attachments

• impress-based.gif
    impress-based.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 6

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Everything I learned about Star Trek, I learned from Duffalo.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I’m watching Star Trek VI now.

The Romulus destruction plot line is just fucking lazy.

Kim Catrral is one fine Vulcan. But so was Kirstie Allie.
It was originally supposed to be Saavik who was the traitor. Star Trek 6 had the most superficial rewrite in history, to add a new female Vulcan character who also happens to be Spock's protege just like Saavik, and then Saavik mysteriously does not appear in the story.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
It was originally supposed to be Saavik who was the traitor. Star Trek 6 had the most superficial rewrite in history, to add a new female Vulcan character who also happens to be Spock's protege just like Saavik, and then Saavik mysteriously does not appear in the story.

I wonder why they just didn’t use Saavik? It’s not like they couldn’t recast her again lol.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
BLM guynan was fucking terrible too.
Here's a hot take: fuck George Floyd....Im glad he's dead but I hope they time travel in season 3 to save his life because he turns out to be an ancestor of Geordie LaForge.

That's pretty much it.

I just spit all over my monitor.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
I wonder why they just didn’t use Saavik? It’s not like they couldn’t recast her again lol.

I recall reading Gene Roddenberry objected because 'that isn't in Saavik's character.' Except Gene didn't create Saavik, another screenwriter did for Star Trek 2, and he was either the writer for VI or endorsed using her as the secret antagonist.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I’ll concede it’s a start but at the end of the day the federation fucked the Romulans. Now there is a case to be made that it’s the fault of Romulan secret intelligence (it is) but frankly I need to see formal peace with and assistance to the romulans. Picard was right. The romulans for their part need to eradicate the Zhat Vash from the Tal Shiar. Could be a good storyline for creating peace.

But I’m guessing Picard season 3 is Borg bullshit.
I think it'll be whatever shot the giant space laser in the last episode. It takes place a year after S2.

Exploring the Romulans more in the way you mentioned would be a lot more interesting to me too, but we'll just have to see what they come up with.

I recall reading Gene Roddenberry objected because 'that isn't in Saavik's character.' Except Gene didn't create Saavik, another screenwriter did for Star Trek 2, and he was either the writer for VI or endorsed using her as the secret antagonist.
I think it was a lost opportunity. She was there when the Klingon's skewered David and could have used that as motivation for her to get in on the plot. Could have had some nice interplay between her and Kirk. Oh well, that's showbiz.

Also, Gene didn't care if he created the characters/script or not. He created the show, so in his mind he was free to say whatever he felt like about it. He was dying while ST6 was filming so I'm sure whatever few fucks he had to give about not interfering went right out the window.