How is UBER and LYFT service nowadays?

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I'm currently thinking about employing the services of either company and was wondering if anybody could share their experiences....
BB

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
He received a formal invitation from Mr. Howard to discuss the serious matter of Drop Bear infestation and how that might negatively affect Geese's Australian assets and can't be late.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
They do the job. I've only had 1 bad experience with Uber, and it was a woman in a trashy small car who came to pick me up at the airport. She saw the bags we had and said she wasn't taking us since she felt that her car couldn't carry everything. Her trunk was stuffed with what looked like trash and she abruptly cancelled our Uber and left.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
They do the job. I've only had 1 bad experience with Uber, and it was a woman in a trashy small car who came to pick me up at the airport. She saw the bags we had and said she wasn't taking us since she felt that her car couldn't carry everything. Her trunk was stuffed with what looked like trash and she abruptly cancelled our Uber and left.
Reads like everything worked out here as I would have definitely cancelled if she hadn't.
Thanks for the reply.
BB

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I’ve used uber 15 or 20 times. They are fine, but the multiplier thing can catch you out at peak times. I remember getting a quote for 3x regular fare rate for heading home late around the Christmas holidays time, I decided to walk an hour to get home instead because fuck that.

Only bad experience I’ve had was some guy clearly deliberately going a longer route to get a bigger fare out of me. I called him on it and he made up some BS about the other road being closed (it wasn’t). At the end of my trip I made a complaint on the app and Uber automatically refunded me half the cost of the trip or there abouts.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Never used them. Just get a taxi.

Basically yes, but uber are handy when drunk - press a button and the driver finds you wherever you are using GPS (likely pissing against a mailbox).

Same goes when I visited India, I had no idea what some the street names where called in Delhi but with GPS it didn’t matter. You can pin drop locations.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Mostly everything is Uber these days, so LYFT is trying to rebrand. The service is still the same, where if you need a ride somewhere, you will be picked up by a stranger and driven to your location. But next month the company plans to go back to their original name: MURDER

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It's always good to have the option at one's disposal since cabs are not as accessable as they once were.
The last time I called for a cab,I was given a pretty hefty wait time or no response at all on the phone call.
BB

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Only ever use them if I'm drunk and it's too far/not appropriate to cycle. I really do love drunk cycling, so good especially if you have a few cans on you for a little boost along the way.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
My older brother used to work summers on Mackinac Island, here in Michigan, where automobiles are prohibited (you can only walk or use bikes/horses) and he used to drunk bike everywhere too, as did many others.