What do you dooo

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Control/power distro wiring...
Work on the schematics and write the point to point wire diagrams.
QC check the work my department does before it gets sent to test.
Build/wire all the prototype and special projects.

But mostly arguing with the electrical engineering department.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I lead a team of software developers. It's hilarious how much development skill I've lost since I became the leader of the team. Is that how it's supposed to go? 👀

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
It's bingo with trivia card clues and pictures on the cards instead of letters/numbers. For example, I'd read, "You use these to send letters.", a resident will then (hopefully) guess envelope, and they'll all put a chip on an envelope square on their jingo cards if they have one. While it makes them think, I don't like Jingo because it's confusing for many of the residents (some have a lot of trouble picking out pictures), regular bingo, with just numbers to worry about, is easier for them.

fml. this is our fucking future....
My Mom has gone completely sedentary at 68, and I worry she's gonna lose critical thinking abilities. She can install her own Alexa enabled lightbulbs, so she's doing alright....for now.

flat6

n00b
I lead a team of software developers. It's hilarious how much development skill I've lost since I became the leader of the team. Is that how it's supposed to go? 👀
Tech lead or people manager? I became a people manager so when I'm getting stupider with age, others would assume it's normal.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Why don’t we have any doctors on the forum? And don’t tell me about that no good docking or Shroom.

I’ll tell you why -

Because 20 years ago when we were fighting over whether Blue Mary or Mai had nicer tits they were all working hard studying for the MCAT.

Shame on all of us!!!

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Hard to explain - basically, I'm the director of the learning & development program in one of the largest commercial lines insurers in the world. Just got the job offer yesterday. ^_^

Why don’t we have any doctors on the forum? And don’t tell me about that no good docking or Shroom.

I’ll tell you why -

Because 20 years ago when we were fighting over whether Blue Mary or Mai had nicer tits they were all working hard studying for the MCAT.

Shame on all of us!!!

Mai, for the record.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I almost became a doctor. I have a degree in physiology and was pre-med in college. My grades were good enough to get me into medical school, but I balked at 4 more years in classrooms and the horrific debt I'd have to take on to do it (had I done so, I probably would have went the military route: they pay for your schooling in exchange for years of service).

And anyone that thinks Blue Mary has better tits than Mai should see a physician. Fio maybe.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
fml. this is our fucking future....
My Mom has gone completely sedentary at 68, and I worry she's gonna lose critical thinking abilities. She can install her own Alexa enabled lightbulbs, so she's doing alright....for now.
Sorry to hear that. It's hard watching elderly people in your life slowly deteriorate and lose what makes them who they are.

My Mother is declining too and I suspect a nursing home is in her future as well. Hopefully, not mine, that'd be weird/awkward--I don't want to become "that guy" throwing a hissy fit every time I think one of my coworkers isn't caring for her correctly.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member

I’ll tell you why -

Shame on all of us!!!
i'm a doctor. i am a podiatrist.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
i'm a doctor. i am a podiatrist.

Interesting. I’m something of a amateur proctologist on the side of my day job. We should trade the photos of our studies for the betterment of medical science.

FAT$TACKS

Not Average Joe., Not Average Homeowner., Not Aver
15 Year Member
It's interesting seeing all the jobs the members here do.

I wonder what the answers would be like at some of the other game forums that look down on us here.

tbone3969!

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Sr. Finance Manager at a charter school in Queens. Just had my mid year review and there is a chance of
making director soon. Let's see.

Gremlin

Hi, I'm Gmegbln
10 Year Member
Tech/Office folks - how often do you contemplate going full Office Space and switching careers completely?

I'm a Team Lead and Senior Software Dev, and if my current side project isn't successful I think I'm straight up going to a trade school when we're finally dual income and I can afford to do so. Probably an electrician or a carpenter/framer maybe. Something of actual value if society collapses or whatever.