Q&A with Michael Beard, OG SNK Voice Actor

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I would like to thank Fygee in advance for giving us this chance and I would like to inform you that after days of work I have finally completed the interview, which we Neo-Geo.com users will do with Mr. Beard.
What the fuck? You don't represent people on this site. Making yourself look bad is one thing but don't drag the rest of us into your asperger fest. This shit is embarrassing.

Days of work? It shouldn't take longer than 15 minutes to come up with a handful of basic questions and let the dude know his work is still appreciated. It's that simple.

I hope to god this nonsense wasn't actually sent to him.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Please try to distill the list down to a few main questions for Mr. Beard, particularly ones that relate directly to his experience working with SNK. I would leave the stuff about his background as one more open-ended question so that way he can share the details he is comfortable with. Then if he has some extra time and seems game, you can do a few follow up bonus questions.
I'm sure Mr. Fygee might know you're actually supposed to give a few direct but open-ended questions first, so you can dive onto details about subjects the interviewee actually mentioned in follow up emails, instead of sending him a 100-question "Ultimate SNK Fan trivia" list at once

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
LOL IF THIS WAS ACTUALLY SENT, MOVE THIS THREAD TO BEST-OF PRE-EMPTIVELY

It's Always Sunny on NG.com, S20 E6 : The Gang Fucks Up A Group Interview with an SNK Employee

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
when the thread was created I thought it was a shame the interview wasn't in person, now I'm glad

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
The question I'm about to ask you could influence all the interview I'm preparing for him: so, I would like to know if during his working period with the NEOGEO, he has worked with the SNK Japan in Osaka or with the SNK USA of the California?
this was a "foreshadowing". none knew what would actually come.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Mr. Karate II, my dude... We get it, you really love SNK and Neo Geo. That's cool, and it comes through in your version of the interview.

However, Mr. Beard is really, really unlikely to take that shit seriously. Scale it back. Please. I really need to know if he was ever a janitor at the SNK building, and I think we're really close to an answer. It's not going to happen if the interview is sent like this though. Nobody has the time to respond to an interview that rivals late 19th century Russian novels in length.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Oh God, stuff online, even funny stuff never makes me laugh out loud, but I am literally in tears over here due to the extreme length of the interview question list and the granular detail they go into. I have to agree with others, the length and detail here is going to be very off putting and could basically kill his interest to respond to interview questions entirely.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
when the thread was created I thought it was a shame the interview wasn't in person, now I'm glad

I think Zach Galifianakis is too busy these days but a three hour episode of Between Two Ferns would be nice to fall asleep to.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
i'm might be available for an interview or two if interested, but i got a tight schedule, so you might have to wait awhile

but anyway, let me leave this here for starters (what I would cut out)

this is most of page 1, don't expect me filter through another four

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-11-13 020151.png
    Screenshot 2021-11-13 020151.png
    549.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Burning Fight!!

10 Year Member
But how can Fygee establish rapport with Mr. Beard if you leave out important questions that says he "entered the NEOGEO ecosystem" and "disappeared from circulation"? Will we ever know if SNK California's front desk secretary had the same panties as the girl from The Super Spy, with those shallow questions?

I dunno, maybe we should just follow Mr. Karate II's 5 page form

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
i'm might be available for an interview or two if interested, but i got a tight schedule, so you might have to wait awhile

but anyway, let me leave this here for starters (what I would cut out)
View attachment 53623
this is most of page 1, don't expect me filter through another four
Nah, don't need to know his educational background.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I hope he looks at them, laughs and closes his browser, not answering a single one in addition to putting this place on a blacklist.
If it does get sent to him anything like this, I hope he still at least answers a few of the first key questions before ignoring the rest.

If you're asking a favor from someone, it's just common courtesy to respect their time.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Holy hell. No, I'm not sending all that to Mr. Beard. Absolutely not.

I've been dealing with a work emergency for the past couple weeks and haven't had time to check this thread. Good lord...

Status
Not open for further replies.