What are your big time homecarts you still want that are somewhat attainable?

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
Ya its a bit crazy, AES prices have gone bonkers since then. You could get most of the JPN library for under $100 when that was written. Im pushing 50 carts but i only play a half dozen or so regularly. Not a huge desire to play World Heroes when i have Garou and Last Blade but even that game seems to have tripled in price in the last year. Most of the commons i have i found in lots and didnt really seek them out.

With AES less is more and you are better off just getting a few great games that you enjoy. You should be shamed for not owning a copy of Sam Sho 2 ./ Sam Spirits 2 though.

I'll get samurai spirits 2 eventually haha

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Not too sure of these are considered big time carts but the only 3 games off the top of my head that I’m willing to spend a bit on just to play are samurai spirits V, last blade 2 and last resort. All Japanese versions too since they are at least $500 and up. Those are the ones that are getting up there but still obtainable financially for me

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Ninja Master’s or Pulstar would be cool, but I honestly just don’t like playing either of them enough to drop the $$$ on them plus having to wade through all the fakes. A metal slug 5 classic insert and sticker would be cool too.

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi
I wouldn't buy slug 1 even if i had the money. 30 grand is retardedly expensive for a console game. If i were that rich i would buy high end sega machines with lockheed martin technology and stuff like that.

redfield0009

Sieger's Squire
I wouldn't buy slug 1 even if i had the money. 30 grand is retardedly expensive for a console game. If i were that rich i would buy high end sega machines with lockheed martin technology and stuff like that.

I don't think it's retarded, he can always sell it a few years down the road for 40 or 50k

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
I don't think it's retarded, he can always sell it a few years down the road for 40 or 50k

Neo is fully retarded but your point stands - AES is actually an "investment".

Massive Urethra Chode

Disciple Of Orochi

I actually agree with the investment angle of things... however i feel like i would instantly regret selling high end titles because of “what if” anxiety... what if i had waited another year? What if i had waited another ten years? It could be worth 100 grand! Any time you sell it’s just going to another person who will eventually make more profit than you did...

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Waku Waku 7
Art Of Fighting 3
Flying Power Disc
Ninja Commando
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 5
Street Hoop

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
KOF 02
Mark of the Wolves
Samurai Showdown 4 Amakusa's Revenge.
Totally obtainable at good prices still, although MotW can be tricky with the eBay sellers confusing prices.

It looks like the eBay sellers are using the free listings with high prices to drive customers off ebay and to their sites, where they can negotiate off the eBay surcharge, which is exorbitant.

I would think motw $900 is very possible.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
You and I have very different definitions of "obtainable" my friend.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
If I found AES MotW for a good price, I would probably jump on it. Same for any of the Metal Slugs. The risk of games being bootlegs, is one reason I don’t want to pay big money for games, though.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Right now the list is Baseball Stars 2 and Mutation Nation.

two games that aren’t very sought after.

the fact that we see highly sought after games on eBay every day, such as Ninja Masters, Kizuna, SSVS, Pulstar, Metal Slug X, etc, should be a cause for alarm. These are probably getting medium scrutiny because of perceived value.

where are those carts really coming from?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Right now the list is Baseball Stars 2 and Mutation Nation.

two games that aren’t very sought after.

the fact that we see highly sought after games on eBay every day, such as Ninja Masters, Kizuna, SSVS, Pulstar, Metal Slug X, etc, should be a cause for alarm. These are probably getting medium scrutiny because of perceived value.

where are those carts really coming from?
Probably Japan - Yahoo Auctions, Suguraya, etc. I've seen many carts on Yahoo Auctions Japan sell for a pittance (well, a pittance in AES terms) to be directly sold on US Ebay for double or more the price over the last couple years. You can also get some amazing deals on Suru where many carts are sold for substantially more on the US market. I've purchased over half of my AES games from Suru and have been pleased with every purchase. I purchase 90% of my games for other consoles from Suru as well. Even CD games - always come in good to very good condition. Over the last two years they have become my most trusted and consistent source for amazing import game deals.

If I found AES MotW for a good price, I would probably jump on it. Same for any of the Metal Slugs. The risk of games being bootlegs, is one reason I don’t want to pay big money for games, though.
Not that I'm the authority on this or anything, but I learned a lot over the last few years getting back into the AES biz and put together a buying guide on my website worth checking out - at least I think so. :) https://www.bokujinsroom.net/resources/neo-how-to-games

Long as you know the tell-tale signs of a boot, Yahoo auctions isn't so scary a place and the mark-up from middlemen like From Japan and ZenMarket (like 3% I think) still leaves you coming out way ahead 99% of the time.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Probably Japan - Yahoo Auctions, Suguraya, etc. I've seen many carts on Yahoo Auctions Japan sell for a pittance (well, a pittance in AES terms) to be directly sold on US Ebay for double or more the price over the last couple years. You can also get some amazing deals on Suru where many carts are sold for substantially more on the US market. I've purchased over half of my AES games from Suru and have been pleased with every purchase. I purchase 90% of my games for other consoles from Suru as well. Even CD games - always come in good to very good condition. Over the last two years they have become my most trusted and consistent source for amazing import game deals.

Not that I'm the authority on this or anything, but I learned a lot over the last few years getting back into the AES biz and put together a buying guide on my website worth checking out - at least I think so. :) https://www.bokujinsroom.net/resources/neo-how-to-games

Long as you know the tell-tale signs of a boot, Yahoo auctions isn't so scary a place and the mark-up from middlemen like From Japan and ZenMarket (like 3% I think) still leaves you coming out way ahead 99% of the time.
Surugaya needs better photos. It feels so hit and miss with them.

ebay has been rough too. Asking a seller about sunfade gets radio silence or awkward delays, like, “if you don’t want to roll loaded dice, don’t play”

recent deal I had for Ninja Commando was like that. No sunfade but ripped insert. At least I know it’s a legit game. Ha ha… ha.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
I was always hoping to grab Blazing Star back when I was actively collecting. But never pulled the trigger as finding one I was certain was not a bootleg never happened. I'm sure BS is like $10k these days :)

Other than that, I've been very happy with my final collection.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
SVC Chaos all day.