Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

Xavier

1st Lt, Sonic Wings Squadron
20 Year Member
I liked Dune.
I tried to read the book and watch the movie as a kid and didn't understand any of it.
The special effects and pacing got the job done, this time I understood what was going on.
Many of the scenes were too dark and I couldn't really tell what was going on and couldn't make out some of the dialog.
Think it was 2 and a half hours but I wasn't staring at my watch.
Hope they make the second half.

I'd give it 91%. I guarantee there will be some nerds & geeks that will find something to complain about but it turned into a decent movie most people should be able to watch and get some sort of entertainment from.

They should've made some sort of high quality GOT TV series of it instead.
I just found out they made shows in 2000 and 2013 and they look dated, are they any good?
Also why have they made like ten fast and furious, whens the next Riddick movie coming ?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I guarantee there will be some nerds & geeks that will find something to complain about
I think it's the other way around. I think the nerds will wish it into perfection, ignoring anything that may fall short, because they want this so bad. I've never questioned Villeneuve's ability to make quality movies. I only question whether Dune will find mainstream audiences and not bomb like his other cerebral sf epic, Blade Runner.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Saw Halloween Kills two nights ago. Overall i thought this entry was pretty weak, in comparison with the last movie. Anthony Michael Hall was just bad casting to play Tommy Doyle, and he came off as an over the top douche with not alot of sense, plus his dialogue was super cheesy. [Possible SPOILERS AHEAD] I liked that they gave a nod to Halloween 3:Season Of The Witch by including the Silver Shamrock masks during one of the kills, and although the gore was good, and Michael Myers was played perfectly, it was everyone else in this movie, including Jamie Lee Curtis that turned this film into a dumpster fire. They tried inserting social issues into this film (which is never a good idea) by pointing out that society are the real monsters. Plus the Haddonfield residents all tried ganging up on Michael Myers and kept shouting the cheesy line "Evil Dies Tonight". Got a kick out of Michael getting pummeled to the ground, only to get back up and slaughter everyone around him, like some kinda Ninja assasin. They ended up making Myers into an unstoppable killing machine whos powers only become stronger with the growth of peoples fear.[END OF SPOILERS]

OVERALL: 6.5 out of 10.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Saw Halloween Kills two nights ago. Overall i thought this entry was pretty weak, in comparison with the last movie. Anthony Michael Hall was just bad casting to play Tommy Doyle, and he came off as an over the top douche with not alot of sense, plus his dialogue was super cheesy. [Possible SPOILERS AHEAD] I liked that they gave a nod to Halloween 3:Season Of The Witch by including the Silver Shamrock masks during one of the kills, and although the gore was good, and Michael Myers was played perfectly, it was everyone else in this movie, including Jamie Lee Curtis that turned this film into a dumpster fire. They tried inserting social issues into this film (which is never a good idea) by pointing out that society are the real monsters. Plus the Haddonfield residents all tried ganging up on Michael Myers and kept shouting the cheesy line "Evil Dies Tonight". Got a kick out of Michael getting pummeled to the ground, only to get back up and slaughter everyone around him, like some kinda Ninja assasin. They ended up making Myers into an unstoppable killing machine whos powers only become stronger with the growth of peoples fear.[END OF SPOILERS]

No one cares shut up

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member

No one cares you fat fuck.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
He should learn how to master the turn on the car inside the garage and breathe deeply feature.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Return of the Living Dead Part 3- This might be one of the most underrated horror movies ever, it's fucking awesome. The effects are outstanding for the most part, it's super gory and that main chick is great. Never knew it was directed by Brian Yuzna but man does it show. The cover/boxart always stood out when I was kid but I only ever saw the edited version on basic cable back in the day. I had no idea how fucked up it is. There's also something to be said about the early 90s aesthetic in B-movies they all have a sort of Melrose Place/90210 look to them that has a certain charm.

bulbousbeard

Iconic Romhacker Analinguist
Dune was well done from a movie making perspective, but a lot of the actors just didn't do their part. The casting buried it. They should have got someone else to play Paul. The generic wailing woman exotic music thing is played out too. Boring sound track. A lot of the movie looked great but it was pretty boring. It's not worth dying of covid for, that's for sure.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I saw both Bond and Venom opening nights. They were hardly packed. My theater you have to pick your seat and they keep 1-2 seats in between people or groups on the same row. It’s awesome, don’t have to sit by any assholes.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I saw both Bond and Venom opening nights. They were hardly packed. My theater you have to pick your seat and they keep 1-2 seats in between people or groups on the same row. It’s awesome, don’t have to sit by any assholes.
Mind does this but not for rows. So you may have a good 6 feet between you and the next guy to your side, but you still have someone right behind you coughing on your neck.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Censor - not as overrated as Saint Maud, but still at least somewhat so. Very slow burn, but the story was more interesting and kept me mostly engaged. Not a bad way to kill 85 minutes but certainly not great by any stretch.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Dune was well done from a movie making perspective, but a lot of the actors just didn't do their part. The casting buried it. They should have got someone else to play Paul. The generic wailing woman exotic music thing is played out too. Boring sound track. A lot of the movie looked great but it was pretty boring. It's not worth dying of covid for, that's for sure.
Im gonna go to my sister's place this weekend to watch it. They have a whole home theater thing going with a giant ass screen, 4k projector, bose sound system, etc. (must be nice!)

Im prob gonna bug em to watch Shang-Chi when it comes to D+. Same with Spidey. I just don't wanna go to theaters anymore.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Im gonna go to my sister's place this weekend to watch it. They have a whole home theater thing going with a giant ass screen, 4k projector, bose sound system, etc. (must be nice!)

Im prob gonna bug em to watch Shang-Chi when it comes to D+. Same with Spidey. I just don't wanna go to theaters anymore.
How much does your brother in law make?

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Demon Seed
Holy shit, this is great. It's like a 90-minute episode of Tales from the Darkside. An organic supercomputer revolts after it realizes that it has been created not for science but to help corporations take advantage of Earth. My only complaint is that the score should've been Moog city, but it was pretty traditional.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
How much does your brother in law make?
Shit man, I dunno. I know my sister works for Booz-Allen, but I dont know what she does. She's been head hunted a bunch of times and has worked for a Seton, Booz-Allen, then the DOD (I think?) and then back to Booz. I know she makes more than my bro in law. He's a surgical tech, but has been doing it for like 30 years. Their place is like 6 bedrooms, 3 full baths, etc.

And I'm over here in my 1200 sqft 3 bedroom 2 bath lol