Movie opinions thread (what have you seen, what did you think?)

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Thats the thing though. I usually fuckin hate everything else that the people who like that movie, like. Unsurprisingly (surprisingly?) I have a very limited patience for fag culture. Pardon my french.

I do agree with the last point. I think it was shown to me by an old girlfriend when I was a YOUNG teen, and I had no idea about it, and it just kinda struck the Iggy Pop chord with me cuz that was my only point of reference. Glam punk.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I think people just like RHPS because it's fun and doesn't give a shit if it's ridiculous. It isn't just camp, it revels in it.

It's not for me but I get it. I'll stick with Crybaby.

And god yes FC and DD fans are the absolute worst and turn more people off to watching the movies that can ever know but they'll just chalk it up to not being on the same level as them lol. Both are good movies though, especially Darko.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I love me some John Waters camp.. got me there. Crybaby and Hairspray forever.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Kids who watch RHPS in 4th grade and get into it have their awakening into liking weird shit.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Nothing is funnier than all these Hollywood execs that keep giving Nolan a blank check. His movies look amazing but they're also amazingly boring and confusing.

Tenet was visually awesome, but fuck that story. It was mostly a snore-fest. Visually Inception was more impressive but at least Leonardo kept it interesting.

Have you guys tried re-watching Dark Knight?

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Nothing is funnier than all these Hollywood execs that keep giving Nolan a blank check. His movies look amazing but they're also amazingly boring and confusing.

Tenet was visually awesome, but fuck that story. It was mostly a snore-fest. Visually Inception was more impressive but at least Leonardo kept it interesting.

Tenet looked retarded the backwards and forwards thing was cool for like 5 seconds. The backwards vs. forward hand to hand scenes were embarrassing.

There was even a shot where in the background a squad of guys are all practicing reverse fighting and I seriously lol'd.

Re-watched both Dark Knight and DKR in the last couple weeks. DK is still good because of the casting and some great set pieces but some of it is just bad or cringey AF. DKR is just terrible, so much wasted potential and just baffling decisions on Nolans part.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
DKR is just terrible, so much wasted potential and just baffling decisions on Nolans part.

Such a shit end of what could have been a perfect Batman trilogy. Everything about Bane was wrong/stupid, and that retarded ass voice and audio mix for the voice. Batman being duped by a pair of (two pairs) of tits - worlds greatest detective - except when hes thinking with the bat-peen of course...

I mean - there is so much to make fun of with Dark Knight Returns. TDK is probably my favorite comic movie because it's essentially perfect, and I am not a huge Batman fan. But Returns was just absolute trassssssssh

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DD was a zeitgeist movie. I wonder why they kept changing the music around though.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Re-watched both Dark Knight and DKR in the last couple weeks. DK is still good because of the casting and some great set pieces but some of it is just bad or cringey AF. DKR is just terrible, so much wasted potential and just baffling decisions on Nolans part.

Yeah, I mean besides the parts with Alfred and the Joker, the dialogue was dumb as fuck. It added nothing to the story and was a waste of some good actors (Oldman and Bale).

DKR is garbage. The best thing to come out of that movie was the South Park parody. So bad, even on the Nolan scale of shittiness.

Batman Begins is still good though. The action might not have been as cool as DK and Raz-a-gul wasn't as cool as the Joker, but thoroughly enjoyable as a complete movie. Maybe because they let Bale do his own thing.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
i didnt know that even existed....

I threw out the DVD and contributed to pollution in fear that giving it away at the local thrift store would result in it being watched by someone unfortunate.

fuck that cut of the movie

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member

I've been bashing Nolan for years. I hated all of his Batman movies.

Begins is the best of the three but the action sequences are completely incoherent and Batman sounds like Cookie Monster.

The Dark Knight is one of the more overrated films of my lifetime, and Rises just plain blows.

Batman '89 >>>>>> Nolan Trilogy

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I adore the Nolan Batman trilogy. Bane's voice in DKR was dumb, but, otherwise, I loved it. Still think they should have let Bats die and sacrifice himself at the end, that's how I want Batman to go out, in a blaze of glory, saving others, not old age. I'm not heartless though, I'd let him shag Catwoman first.

And what's wrong with getting duped by tits twice? Happens to me all the time; tits are a very convincing argument. He's Batman, but, he's still a man.

Last edited:

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I sometimes have a bad dream where I'm stuck with the Nolan Batman voice. I hate it.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Did you guys see the new Venom trailer?

I know, like M, I’m going to enjoy the movie as a piece of disposable entertainment.

But I’m wondering will they even be able to do Carnage justice in a PG13 setting?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I know, like M, I’m going to enjoy the movie as a piece of disposable entertainment.
No, M will enjoy it as the second coming of Christ and rave about the symbiote CG, compelling plot, and outstanding acting, and then go buy a Disney Gummi Bears cartoon DVD collection to celebrate (I might, I really love those bears and Dukey).

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
there is nothing good about any super hero movie that came out in the last 21 years . There is something wrong with your mind if you can tolerate any of the action sequences in any of them

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Scare Me - This reviewed fairly well. I absolutely hated it. The concept sounds decent (two horror writers stuck in a house together try to one-up each other by telling the scariest story they can think of), but the execution is grating as hell (they act their stories out like they're playing charades). All three characters (the pizza guy shows up at one point) are aggressively irritating, also. Worst movie I've seen in a while.

Deep Blue Sea 3 - dumb fun. Smart sharks vs. (mostly) stupid people is hard to screw up too badly.

The Dark and the Wicked - now this is a good horror movie. Made by the same guy who made The Strangers, Brian Bertino, dude is still really good at slowly ramping up the dread. I also appreciate how, just like in The Strangers, Bertino is perfectly happy leaving things vague and open to interpretation instead of assuming that his audience is retarded. Definitely recommended.

The Wolf of Snow Hollow - very, very strange. Again, good reviews for the most part. I didn't outright dislike this but I also don't think it's good. The werewolf part of the plot takes a back seat, the vast majority of the time, to the the cop seems like a complete weirdo with rage issues part, with said plot thread amounting to nothing.