Recent content by xterc

1. xterc

Neo Diagnostics ROMs

Sound Restored Never-mind I figured it out... The HC259 addressable latch that drives the OE (output enable) of the NEO-257 needed replacing. It is located in a completely different part of the board than the rest of the Z80/YM stuff. The NEO-GEO development Wiki helped again with the...
  2. xterc

Neo Diagnostics ROMs

This batch of unfriendly venom spewing batteries has given me a headache recently, but nothing that can't be overcome. However, I do have a Z80 COMM issue that I can't seem to get to the bottom of on an MVS2F. Using NEODIAG and the Z80 test cart, I get 'EXPECTED C3, ACTUAL 53' - Unexpected...
  3. xterc

[FOUND] WTB: Memory Card Socket for MV2F

New vs Old
  4. xterc

[FOUND] WTB: Memory Card Socket for MV2F

If someone has a junk board and is able to remove the Memory Card Socket I'm interested in purchasing it. I've scoured the forum/Internet and it looks like the NEO GEO memory card socket is a difficult beast to source.
  5. xterc

PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

Mine came today and so far... excellent! Packaging is top-notch, menu system is super fast and RGB picture quality looks great on CRT & through the OSSC. I'm not sure we could ask for more.
  6. xterc

Jamma Nation X CMVS Consolized MVS system reviewed!

This thread inspired me to install a DFO in my MVS-2F. Thank you to Xian Xi and Todd for bringing it to my attention. Building and programming the DFO was an adventure into itself.
  7. xterc

Post Your Recent Purchases!

gscartsw to ease the cable swapping Transplanted my breadbin C64 into a Kickstarter C64C case (the original case had become brittle and was falling apart)
  8. xterc

4-slot board headphone jacks

4 Slot Headphone Modification (thanks GadgetUK): Universe Bios 3.3 Installed (thanks Raz!) Cleaned up and sprayed black.
  9. xterc

Here is a picture of one of the control panels hooked up to test the counter LEDs. This picture also shows the MVS-2F before the battery replacement. I will post a picture of the control panels once they are fully restored. In addition to the NEO GEO stuff, there are a bunch of random boards...
  10. xterc

I picked up 2 control panels, a MVS-2F & a 2 slot Marquee panel for $80 last weekend. I am currently in the process of restoring all of the items. The MVS-2F was first, here is a picture of the repaired tracks and replacement battery: