Recent content by wesprice

1. W

Sound problem in MVS Board 1 slot

The neogeo eyecatch sound is fine which means your yamaha opn chip is probably fine. the data for the speech / sound etc comes from the VROM chips on the prog pcb. I've repaired a few boards with very similar distortion and they were caused by a broken trace on one of the sound datalines from...
  2. W

Crystal of Kings Video/sync issues?

how would you rate your electronic repair ability and what equipment do you currently have? have you tried / do you have access to another cart to help isolate the issue between the pcb / cart? I haven't work on one in maybe 5+ years but battery damage is fairly common.. even if it isn't to the...
  3. W

Question about MVS Adapter for AES Console

Yes, it will run the same as an AES game. The way the game operates (pretty much all MVS games although there may be some that do not work on AES with converter) is determined by the system BIOS not the cartridge. The data in the rom chips is the same in both AES and MVS games, it is only the...
  4. W

AES 3-4 board repair

i'd put my $2 on it being one of the bios traces though given the earlier pictures. since you said you already checked for continuity as mentioned above by bigbear and neoalec check the bios for shorted lines, with the meter on continuity and put the probe on the first pin and check it against...
  5. W

advice on fixing a faulty kof94 aes cart

Holy crap some dirt under those chips... I think it had been kept outside or something! Anyway would like to say thank you for the recommendation, after converting the V roms from mame to audio files I found that all the corrupted samples were in the V2 ROM. After removing some of the chips and...
  6. W

Hey thanks a lot, that is really helpful. It's been at least a decade since i've messed with any neogeo stuff and i was hoping there were more tools / bioses etc to help speed up diagnostics Ill pull the roms and check their contents against the known good dumps, if its a bad chip then the...
  7. W

hey all long time no post... i have a bit of free time so dug a few dead carts out of the box of shame, im currently working on a kof 94 aes that looked like it had been under the ocean for a hundred years, never seen the ground pins on the c roms rot off before... anyway.. the graphical issues...