Recent content by Tech&Music

1. T

Gamecube - Playing the ISOs, RGB, 240p, digital video and more!! Mega thread

That would be this crap, claiming Voultar made mistakes in his products, and namecalling him "Voultard", despite having taken money with absolutely zero to show for it. This guy reeks of scammy business practices, people really need to get refunds immediately if they still can.
  2. T

Need some advice; Collecting large amount of money safely?

Dutch police can take the cash if they suspect it being used for, or having been gained by criminal activity. But then a car search due to small stuff like speeding is highly, highly unlikely to happen. In any case, walking around with that much cash is never a good idea regardless.
  3. T

MV-1ACH problems

The latest Unibios version has the Pick 'n Mix feature, it has a nice built-in menu to quickly switch between games, switches games randomly when in attract mode, along with some other small improvements that enhance the 161-in-1 cart's usability. It's only compatible with 161-in-1, and an...
  4. T

Need some advice; Collecting large amount of money safely?

The largest denomination bill is 500 euros, and they stopped issuing those in 2013, leaving 200 euros as the largest bill. So, by joe8's definition, we don't, unless you're talking non-Euro countries too.
  5. T

could neo geo 64 games be ported on the N64 ?

Great reply, chief.
  6. T

CRT Fetish Thread

Figure I'd put this here for any Dutch or Northern-Belgian CRT heads in here, came across this Marktplaats auction for several Sony BVMs and PVMs, JVC CVMs and a Barco CVM. The few 20" PVMs probably aren't that interesting given they all seem to be non-RGB, lower line models, but the JVC 20" CVM...
  7. T

What's the Consoles to collect for right now? From a bang for the buck standpoint.

Nintendo neglected LAN Play for most of the MK games after Double Dash (I mean, DS and 3DS can do local multi-console multiplayer wirelessly, so it kinda counts), but apparently they brought it back, because Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on the Switch supports 12 player LAN if you have a compatible...
  8. T

What's the Consoles to collect for right now? From a bang for the buck standpoint.

While I don't fully agree on your assessment of the GC, it is kinda hard to justify having a GameCube next to a GC-compatible Wii, unless you're gonna be using the GameBoy Player. Which is most excellent in combination with the homebrew GBI software.
  9. T

Hey Guys, MVS to AES converters..... which is the best?

Well, the problem with that, is that while you can take a game with a specific PCB set, and swap the ROMs with EPROMS of a different game utilizing the same PCB set, when you want to do swap it with a game of a different PCB set, you're probably going to end up having to hack the game's ROMs up...
  10. T

Hey Guys, MVS to AES converters..... which is the best?

No, it uses FPGA. FPGA chips can essentially be programmed to 100% mimic one or more different ICs, or even entire circuits, given the FPGA is beefy enough to handle it. Unlike emulation, which is an approximation of the console in software, the FPGA when programmed well, will operate just the...
  11. T

loopyeddie had the loosest meat

He just enjoys that man's meat that much.
  12. T

I suppose you could, but I would still suggest TSOPing or hardmodding before the HDD craps out just so it's fixed for pretty much good, and it won't be a worse pain in the ass when you just want to play some Xbox and you unexpectedly find it has died. But either way, it is a bit of a PITA for...
  13. T

Sega Fes 2018 News: Mega Drive Mini / Shenmue 1&2 HD / Sega Ages (M2) Switch & More!

Despite not being interested at all in the Mini, I'm happy to see AtGames finally get what they deserve: The boot from SEGA. Should have happened after they crapped out their first failed abortion of a Mega Drive clone, though.
  14. T

Original Xbox is pretty cheap at this point to collect for as far as I know, but they're a bit of a pain in the ass to keep running. All of them have a clock capacitor that needs to be removed because it leaks acid onto the logicboard that ruins traces (1.6 Xboxes however need to have it...
  15. T

Probably a dumb question, but I'll ask anyway

There might be a limit to the amount of session IDs one user can use at a single time, but I'm not 100% sure about that. Even if not, it's gonna get noticeable when one user is driving a lot of traffic to the site from different IPs at the same time.