Recent content by SML

1. SML

Souls-likes

IIRC, getting a good bow and assassinating the reaper from the platform above at the start of 4-2 is one of the best non-exploit soul farms in the game.
  2. SML

Look Mah, no graphics card! Laptops!!!

My spot in line (June 3) for the 3657 (3060 XC Gaming) was called this time last week. This morning, that line had advanced to July 22. Anyone who is just looking to get a reasonably priced 3000 series card might want to keep their eyes on that queue line because I wouldn't be surprised if it...
  3. SML

2021 Halloween plans

Weekend road trip/early anniversary celebration (Nov 3.)
  4. SML

Just the gaming 3060, but that's a jump of 12 days in the line since yesterday. I'm just happy to be paying $223 less (including shipping from EVGA) for a better card. Hell, I'm happy to be getting a card that's on spec.
  5. SML

Hahahaha IT HAPPENED. I got my notification from EVGA just now.
  6. SML

Official NG.com Dune: Part One Thread

Sihaya has called a big one (and that's not good :()
  7. SML

Every time I look at that overpriced turd, part of me screams. But that's pride fucking with me.
  8. SML

Heads up: This is the unofficial queue tracker for EVGA, based on people self-reporting their notifications. So some people who had been waiting for a 3060 Ti XC3 for over a month when this thread was new are still waiting. New queue rules are going into effect (the first item was just...
  9. SML

Souls-likes

Getting Guide>Getting Gud As long as you can accept that you’re likely to fuck up a few things anyway. It looks like I am actually going to get a card upgrade this year. I beat Sekiro on the minimum card, a GTX 760, earlier this year. I’m excited to go back and see what the experience is like...
  10. SML

Pandora Papers?

We are the tax shelter now. My father in law died earlier this year and my mother in law just cut us a check from his life insurance. We were all in the dark about the tax situation, wondering if we should be spacing smaller checks, etc. When I looked up what the lifetime gifting limit...
  11. SML

Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

I'll post when I get the alert, though I figure it's mostly going to be dev kits until December.
  12. SML

Steam Deck Portable PC Games Hardware

Full disclosure I'm in the tank for this thing.
  13. SML

Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

Steam Deck FAQ confirms that the deck will be bootable from the microsd card, meaning that it should be very simple to keep SteamOS or Windows on the internal drive and something like batocera on the microsd for an emulation-dedicated environment. Yesterday I almost jumped in on a 3060 Ti from...
  14. SML

Norm MacDonald dead at 61

I’m posting it because it’s hilarious. This guy wrote this whole article trying to claim Norm’s comedy for his side and showed in so few words that he doesn’t have the slightest idea how Norm’s humor works.
  15. SML

Norm MacDonald dead at 61

("Norm Macdonald's Comedy was Quite Christian" by Matthew Walther, published yesterday by the New York Times.)