Recent content by k'_127

1. k'_127

Double Dragon Gaiden: Rise of the Dragons

The games are out: - SDD has a speed option and includes RotDD - DD Advance has 2 players mode - no online play (at least not yet)
  2. k'_127

So that Sony Price Hike. An extra $40 right off the bat.

These games may eventually get sold seperately. Both Ridge Racer 2 (PSP) and Ridge Racer 4 can be purchased outside the service now.
  3. k'_127

The developer pitched it to ASW, and kept working on it for years until they gave him the green light: https://www.siliconera.com/interview-what-went-into-designing-double-dragon-gaiden-new-game/
  4. k'_127

https://www.gematsu.com/2023/07/double-dragon-collection-announced-for-switch-super-double-dragon-and-double-dragon-advance-coming-to-ps4-xbox-one-switch-and-pc Super DD and DD Advance are being ported to Steam / modern consoles. Going by their previous ports, there is a high chance an English...
  5. k'_127

Happy Birthday Takumaji

Happy Birthday :)
  6. k'_127

Happy Birthday, k'_127 and F4U57!

Thank you so much, guys :) Happy Birthday, F4U57!
  7. k'_127

Tak What are some hidden gems on the MSX?

Knightmare 2: maze of galious: early metroid-styled game from Konami The Castle / Castle Excellent: puzzle solving / exploration game. Might look too slow, but there is a speed-up button on the keyboard Metal Gear 2: not-so-hidden, but don't miss out on it. I had low expectations, but it...
  8. k'_127

New Fatal Fury and KOF XIII Global Match From SNK Official

I would say it's meant as part of the FF series, and was trying to follow on SF3's footsteps. I've always thought FF was SNK's answer to whatever SF was doing at the time: SF1 : FF1 SF2 / SSF2: FF2 / FFS Alpha series: Real Bout Series SF3 series: MotW and its cancelled sequel
  9. k'_127

PSVR2

I got it. Thoughts below. Keep in mind the only other VR device I tried is the PSVR1: - Having a single USB-C wire doesn't only eliminate the cluster fuck of a clutter that came with PSVR1, but also the hassle that came with connecting / disconnecting the headset each time you want to play. Now...
  10. k'_127

The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

Says Spring 2023 (not sure whether they mean the update or the beta)
  11. k'_127

most recent Samurai Spirits came out in 2019 already.

I made a video that goes through mechanics that are not covered in the game's tutorial. The examples in the video may not be applicable in the current build, but the core mechanics have not changed. It also doesn't cover the guard break mechanic: PS: it's meant to be watched after going...
  12. k'_127

Happy Birthday - ggallegos1

Happy belated :)
  13. k'_127

Shining Force CD...need moar

Swamped with work :(
  14. k'_127

(Traditional) Platformer Recommendations

Jak and Daxter 1 had potential to be great but (IMO) it suffers from game design flaws (objectives design and variety, pacing, lack of boss fights .... Etc.) and the soundtrack kills the game's mood. Other than that, the overall quality, platforming, controls and environments are excellent...
  15. k'_127

(Traditional) Platformer Recommendations

Off my head: Tiny Toons NES and SNES games Klonoa games Little Samson (not sure if it counts) Pandemonium 1&2 Will see if I can compile a better list later.