Recent content by GNewman

1. G

Neo Geo AES Garbled Screen

And a further update - Checking the RAM connections I found a broken trace between the RAM and CPU. A wire link later - then all is working. Thanks to everyone who helped. Graham
  2. G

This is what I now get with a cartridge in the console.
  3. G

Well - I seem to be getting a bit further. I checked the ROM again, but no problems found. I decided to replace the two RAM chips near the ROM and CPU, and I now get a red screen. I believe this is a RAM error, but I'm not sure if it is with the chips I replaced or with the other two SMD RAM chips.
  4. G

No sound - just flashing blocks.
  5. G

Okay - I guess there's no harm in checking all the connections again, but I did look before removing the original BIOS and again after fitting the socket so I will be surprised if i missed something twice.
  6. G

Thanks - I've already checked that there are no damaged tracks. I should add that the same problem existed before the ROM was socketed and indeed this was the reason I added the socket in the first place (so I could use the diagnostic ROM)
  7. G

Hi I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advise on a Neo Geo console I'm looking at. I've swapped out the ROM for a diagnostic ROM, but the screen remains substantially the same with the coloured blocks. It also flashes. I'm not very familiar with the Neo Geo, but I've seen similar...