Recent content by FBX

1. FBX

Wanting to trade AES NeoSD for MVS version straight up:

This is not the pro version, but the regular version. Just looking for a trade for the regular MVS version. Cart is in perfect condition and includes SD card with latest firmware installed. Here's an older pic of it in my AES:
  2. FBX

2.1mm Barrels versus 2.5mm:

I've been attempting to write the most concise guide I can for AES power supplies, but I noticed mentions that NEO-POW3 uses a 2.5mm center diameter, meanwhile the older PRO-POW uses 2.1mm. Here's my guide thus far: http://www.firebrandx.com/aespsuguide.html Can anyone that has both adapters...
  3. FBX

"NEOGEO-2" Schematic theory:

So this may be already common knowledge, but after reviewing the schematics floating around on the internet: https://wiki.neogeodev.org/index.php?title=Schematics My friend Ste pointed out it cannot have been of the 3-6, even though the stereo audio channels are swapped in the schematic's...
  4. FBX

Universe Bios 3.3 MVS/AES released!

The notch will be on the left of the socket toward the center of the console. Here's my own installation with socket and UNIBIOS ROM installed:
  5. FBX

Neo Geo AES 3-4 revision: Mods and enhancements (Video/Audio)

I was just going to ask, what's going on with the awful burnt-looking spot here?: Are those the two 1k pF caps? Were the legs soldered together and/or into the via? Lastly, was this pic of the final completed audio mod? If so, would you be willing to give a quick summary of the cap list...
  6. FBX

Neo Geo Framemeister profile wip:

No problem, but keep in mind my focus has been on H.samplerate and Sampling phase. Obviously porches, sync lengths, and active areas are going to be entirely display-dependant. My settings are meant purely for video capture and/or streaming using Datapath Vision cards (I'm using the E1s). Once...
  7. FBX

Got an OSSC. And yeah, blows the Framemeister away, but is quite a bit more complex to develop optimal settings for. I'm getting the hang of it though. Check out my AES in 4x optimal integer scaling on the OSSC, which I screenshotted with my Datapath Vision card: That's a raw unedited...
  8. FBX

My first UniBIOS install:

Thanks! Semi-related: I grabbed up the S-993A again and went to work on my VA3 Genesis. I had previously modded the Genesis sound circuitry by replacing the filtering caps with 4700pF versions. This increases the fidelity in higher frequency notes, making it sound just as good as a VA2, only...
  9. FBX

Added a blue LED to the reset button. I took a photo, but the camera weirdly blows the blue glow way out of proportion. It's nowhere near that bright in person, and is a much deeper blue color.
  10. FBX

Damn Scalers

I've been using the Framemeister for a couple years now, but a few months ago I decided it was time to add the OSSC to the mix and ordered one. It FINALLY arrived today! But yeah, if you want the best of both worlds, you gotta buy both worlds it seems.
  11. FBX

I started getting serious about learning how to mod and solder on my own about a month or so ago. I wanted to work up to tackling my own UniBIOS install on my AES, so I began with a few less expensive and easier console mods: Sega Genesis model 1 rear stereo RCA jacks. Sega Genesis VA2 & VA3...
  12. FBX

Post Your Recent Purchases!

It had been 23 years since I last owned a Neo Geo (2-slot MVS arcade). I decided it was finally time to get one again, mostly due to the wall of home consoles I've been building, with each running an Everdrive, modded for RGB as needed (or HDMI like my N64), and all RGB consoles piped into my...
  13. FBX

Spent the day fine-tuning my 4x scale 1080p profile for the AES. Tomorrow I will do the same for 5x 1080p and 3x 720p. I will upload all 3 to my web site when I finish. Here's a screen cap of my unmodded AES3-3 at 4x scale in 1080p: -FBX
  14. FBX

Flickering random pixels:

I've been testing various game using the NEOSD. I noticed some games have occasional 'flickering' random black pixels on the screen. A good example is the intro in SVC Chaos, where during most of it has flickering black pixels in random spots. I cleaned the NEOSD cart, but that had no effect. I...
  15. FBX

Neo Geo AES 3-4 revision: Mods and enhancements (Video/Audio)

Just recently got a Neo Geo myself, and unfortunately I sort of got suckered by the information floating around that anything below 70k serial was going to be the better RGB. So I got one with a serial of 47334 and it turned out to be a 3-3, which I come to find out now I couldn't have picked a...