Recent content by Dio Brando

1. Dio Brando

The Hiking/Camping Thread

Summer is the time to head out into nature and escape civilization for awhile. Come and tell us of your adventures, your awesome equipment, or where you want to go someday. Pictures are encouraged. I am more of a day hiker myself. Thankfully, the Olympic Peninsula has a plethora of trails to...
  2. Dio Brando

WTB: A decent stick for PS3

A regular controller just won't cut it anymore, so it's time for me to become a man. I am especially interested in the HRAP 3 SA, but anything is welcome. If interested, I also have a Agetec DC stick we could do a partial trade with. Thank you for your time.
  3. Dio Brando

Thoughts on fighting pads?

I want improve my input accuracy in fighting games on the PS3, but I'm not enough of an enthusiast to drop $100+ on a decent stick. As of result, fighting pads seem like a pretty nice option. While many are craptastic, I have heard the Fighting Commander 3 PRO is fairly excellent. Any of you...
  4. Dio Brando

WTB: Battle Garegga AND Multitap (Saturn)

I've waited long enough. I need to get my hands on this shooter, so I can use an actual joystick instead of a keyboard. Condition does not matter, as I just want to play the darned thing. *update* I am also looking for the Multitap adapter for the Saturn. Again, any condition is fine. I also...
  5. Dio Brando

Can movie posters be classified as media mail?

As someone who works at a theater, I get access to plenty of posters and would love to have them up for grabs here. However, I cannot find a straight answer as to whether or not they qualify to be sent as media mail. Any knowledge on the matter would greatly be appreciated.
  6. Dio Brando

Tell us your game data loss stories

Nothing is more frustrating than dedicating time and effort to some game, only to have your progress completely gone due to an overwrite, data corruption, or some bizarre act of god beyond your control. I have had my fair share of game data losses, but probably my biggest one was about a year...
  7. Dio Brando

No video on my CMVS. Life is cruel...

My CMVS is a MV2B board. It was working fine until this happened. After a bit of troubleshooting, I have noticed that when the component video is used, there is a moment that the tv senses the source. Then, the screen changes for a bit, but resorts back to no video. Maybe this change has...
  8. Dio Brando

Need advice in regards to purchasing a Nintendo VS. Red Tent

The machine in question: http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/vgm/1853914919.html Do you dudes think it is worth my time and money? Even with its issues and damages, it still seems like it might be an excellent deal. I probably wouldn't want to offer much more than $100, though, as there is no way...
  9. Dio Brando

Happy Birthday, INfintido!

From one Washingtonian to another, man! Hope your day is awesome!
  10. Dio Brando

8-bit Invasion

Just watch it. It's simply awesome in every way. Pixels by Patrick Jean
  11. Dio Brando

Gentlemen...BEHOLD: The Nintendo 3DS

The cat has finally been let out of the bag for Nintendo's new handheld: http://kotaku.com/5499697/nintendo-announces-new-hardware-the-nintendo-3ds?skyline=true&s=i Somehow, the 3DS will allow games to have 3D effects, which someone suggested to be possibly similar to this...
  12. Dio Brando

WTB Hori Fighting Stick SS stick for Saturn

I could use a good joystick for playing shmups on my Saturn that doesn't cost me a kidney. As long as it works fine, I really do not care what condition it is in. Thanks, dudes.
  13. Dio Brando

Bust a Move: Here we gooooo

I wanted to confirm this cart's legitimacy, but I also wanted to test my knowledge a bit. I'm going say it is legitimate. Chips C1, C2, C3, C4, V1, and V2 all have the NGH# 68, which is the # for Power Spikes 2, but I understand this is normal for Bust a Move. Obviously, there are two...
  14. Dio Brando

What are some excellent video game history and reference books?

Right now, I am planning on picking up The Ultimate History of Video Games by Steven L. Kent. Any other suggestions?
  15. Dio Brando

My NES stopped working last night...

After over fifteen years of undying service, my NES was unable to boot up Contra, only giving me a constant blue screen. I tried everything I could for a couple hours, blowing on the cartridge:D, adjusting the cartridge in the NES, trying different cartridges, different cables, bending the pins...