Recent content by brian.illsley

1. B

MV1AX Watchdog Click of death

Hi all, I have a MV1ax motherboard that has the watchdog click of death, this has come directly from a arcade breakers and looks like its in relitivly good condition (bought as a job lot). This board has no discernable corrosion or broken traces. But it does have a lot of the small smd...
  2. B

AES 3-4 board repair

Again thanks you for your reply, and sorry for my lateness on getting back to you. I have yet again check all pins for connectivity and shorts to adjacent pins and all check out. I have even taken this board to work, we have a electronics department that have also check out the connections and...
  3. B

AES 3-4 board repair

Hi all, I have once again checked all the connections from the bios to the diagarms above and all are connected. I know im missing somthing somwhere im just not finding it. I have now got a original Neogeo bios (are the jap and pal ones interchangable?) and have the same issues so hopefully know...
  4. B

AES 3-4 board repair

Hi all, Thanks for the replies. I unfortunatly dont have a lot of time during the week, so I'm sorry that can mostly reply mostly at weekends. I have tested Bios connections to the 68000 as requested above and all is connected. I have also tested to adjacent pins to check for shorts also all...
  5. B

AES 3-4 board repair

Thanks so much for the help, I have checked the bios pins for adjacent shorts and all are good. One thing I have noticed is that there is a very quick beep when I check for shorts across 5v and ground. but if I stay on the points it stops. Is that normal? I have check the points you suggested...
  6. B

AES 3-4 board repair

Hi guys, a few years back I bought a AES second hand at a Bootsale(uk flea market). When I got it home, hooked it up there was nothing no power just a clicking and a flash on screen. so i opened it up , I was not prepaired for the mess that was to confront me. The previous owner had decided to...
  7. B

Noobie disaster

Hi guys, this is my first post so please be kind. Im also a noob with big fancyful ideas, like the mess im asking foe help with today. So i have an aes, bought at a bootsale and came with one game, the console surprisingly kinda worked but had graphical errors, sprites were ok but backgrounds...