Recent content by BilboBaggins

1. B

Backup Ram Error

Yeah :) but what I'm saying is I don't know which pins on the HC32 I need to check against those on the backup RAM. 1) How do I know which pins are which on each chip? Are they numbered bottom to top / left to right? So the bottom left pin on each is 1 and so on? 2) We've established that I'll...
  2. B

Backup Ram Error

I'd like to finish this one myself but I might have other work for you.
  3. B

Backup Ram Error

Thanks but I'm still confused. :( I don't know what an indent refers to. That link also isn't taking me anywhere. I was able to find this diagram from a YouTube video. This was derived from a 1 slot though so I'm not sure it applies. But it looks like pin 20 on the backup ram connects to pin 2...
  4. B

Backup Ram Error

Cool I see an "HD74HC32" chip - is that my guy? If so am I just testing continuity between that and the lower backup RAM chip - specifically its 20, 22, and 28 pins? Are the pins on that backup RAM chip numbered sequentially top to bottom, left to right? Can I hit any leg on the 74HC32 chip...
  5. B

Backup Ram Error

Think I found it - https://github.com/jwestfall69/neogeo-diag-bios/blob/master/docs/ram_locations/images/mv4_ram.jpg. Do I only need to check those two backup ram chips or all of the ram chips? I also don't have sound - which I think may be related here.
  6. B

Backup Ram Error

Cool so I need to test between battery and each of the backup ram chips? Just hit any leg on the chips or some other point? Which chips are the ram chips? Thanks for your help!
  7. B

Backup Ram Error

Thanks - I tried testing for continuity but those traces are tiny. Do I need smaller leads for the multimeter to give me that precision? What kind of wire would I use for fixing the traces? Again everything's so small here. Thanks!
  8. B

Backup Ram Error

I'm having a similar (same?) issue. 4 slot as well: Did some (poor) soldering on my battery and am wondering if I wrecked some traces: Any thoughts? Thanks!!
  9. B

Monitor Mounting Pieces Jigsaw Puzzle

Moving on to the cabinet itself with my 2-Slot restoration. Removed the monitor and it appears there was some hackery along the line with its mounting. Can anyone help me pieces the parts together? I will have to redo this for a proper mount once everything's ready.
  10. B

Help Starting - 2 Slot Cabinet

Hey Everybody, Have had a red 2-slot cabinet since last Fall and am just getting around to opening it up and getting into restoring it, but I need help starting. Questions: 1) The back panel is stapled shut, so I can't access the monitor area. Any thoughts on the best way to bust that open...