Recent content by avramce

1. avramce

Xeno Crisis coming to Neo Geo

Tried the fixed on both an AES and a MV1C kit, as reported by others, has zero effect on the MV1C. Tried soft reboot, test menu reboots, nada. AES is great with the fix, a little sad that I'm still getting that video curl on top on the RetroTink 5X
  2. avramce

A new consolized MVS has dropped, the "Open MVS" AKA "OMVS"

Yeah, that is the current market, when I first got into the project, they were still in the $50-60 range.
  3. avramce

That's not my design, that's the beauty of it being open sourced, anyone can modify or contribute if they want. I already got hit with a C&D for the original design, so I will not be touching that shell with a 20 ft pole.
  4. avramce

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4806315
  5. avramce

Help with horizontal blur on CMVS to OSSC

Thanks FBX, if you already have a working consolized MVS, happy to just sell the AV board if you want to give that a go. It just taps into the RGBs lines from the JAMMA edge, along with 5V and GND. It expects to get line level audio, so perferably the audio is tapped from the headphone jack...
  6. avramce

Hey all, for anyone still interested in the project, I've been more focused on just getting component kits out for people that want to go and build a unit themselves. Case designs are available on Thingiverse for both a large format printer as well as an entry level one like a Ender 3...
  7. avramce

MV1C problem with battery

Came across this thread as well, I have a handful of boards with the same issue, where after getting a full charge would drain the battery from 3.4V to 1.2 in the matter of 1-2 minutes. I removed C3 and PC2,4 as recommended, and the circuit appears to be retaining charge a better (drained from...
  8. avramce

I fried a MV1C

On my work bench, I have red electrical tape on the barrel of my 5V and yellow on my 12V to prevent this as well.
  9. avramce

CPS2 Digital AV interface is adding support for MV1C boards

Sure thing bud, I'll be doing an install for someone later this week, so I'll try to get captures done with my Elgato. I'll ask around if anyone has videos of their units with scan lines enabled.
  10. avramce

Boards are currently restocked on videogameperfection: https://videogameperfection.com/products/cps2-cps3-digital-av-interface-diy-kit/ Last I chatted with them, they were under the impression that they would not be able to restock until 2022 given the component shortage.
  11. avramce

Neo Geo 3

Dunno, something like th ASP with netplay would be intriguing, but I wonder if they plan to push new sequels or updates on SNK IPs.
  12. avramce

Pic of the rear panel if it interests you :)
  13. avramce

I'm almost done finalizing the rear plate for the OMVS with HDMI support, still need to tweak the internal mount for the HDMI board. It is currently sitting above the battery section of the MV1C, to avoid conflicting with the socket+EPROM height of any of the NBM and VMC revisions. Seems to be...
  14. avramce

Do you ever feel depressed that your life is going nowhere ?

Haha, zing. I totally fell into that trap when thrifting, kept buying gaming merch just because it was a good deal (and well below market value!). Then it snowballed to a stockpile of gaming crap I don't care for and get stressed out when I think about the effort to actually list, sell and...
  15. avramce

Do you ever feel depressed that your life is going nowhere ?

Lol, for me, I was in a rut doing software testing, and wanted to dabble in something hardware related for a change and picked up a DOA Big Red cabinet to repair. Hope to eventually see if I can write some software for the NG for fun someday to bring it full circle 🤣