Recent content by 16-bit

1. 1

WTB: SW2, SW3, KK, Ninja Commando Homecarts Jpn

Once Japan chills out regarding Covid, you need to take a trip to Japan. The game shops will fully accommodate a comprehensive inspection of carts.
  2. 1

Game Swap June 27th King of Prussia, PA Who's going?

Not selling--Just chilling and shopping.
  3. 1

Game Swap June 27th King of Prussia, PA Who's going?

I'm looking forward to attending this weekend. Also looking forward to having a couple drinks with Majors. As Jon said, I am semi-retired from game selling aside from a couple major DMV shows--Magfest and SuperSmashCon. Buying-wise I'll be looking for a gameboy micro and switch games. I've...
  4. 1

Wtb - your high end home carts (JPN)

Stakes Winner is 3K...what a time to be alive!
  5. 1

Wtb - your high end home carts (JPN)

Japan is still the best source in this non-price sensitive era we are in at the moment with rare collectibles. When you are there, don't mess with the stores that dabble in retro--You want to go to established retro gaming establishments because they'll let you inspect the game cart thoroughly...
  6. 1

What is your favorite NeoGeo soundtrack?

Metal Slug (stage 1). Seriously, sometimes I just pause myself and listen to that sax solo kill it!
  7. 1

Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

Yeah, I might have to buy that. I already have the 350p and the 280v (current fav), but the 351p sounds perfect as a dedicated gba player.
  8. 1

What do you think of modern consoles?

I sorta agree, but you should take a hard look at the Nintendo Switch scene. So many great indie games with a 90s gaming vibe on that platform.
  9. 1

Trying to Review Every Neo Geo Game on Youtube

Great suggestion for an English version. Maybe add a few questions related to Neo-Geo.com drama as well?
  10. 1

Android and Linux Handhelds - Shield, GCW Zero, GP2X, Pandora, Pyra, JXD, etc.

The Odroid Go looks really good. How does it run 16-bit level stuff like TG16CD, Genesis, and SNES?
  11. 1

What do you list under interests on your resume?

It won't be funny if people's balls start falling off due to Covid.
  12. 1

Why is Kizuna Encounter (European version) so rare?

I appreciate your insight. I don't believe the repatriating unsold stock back to Japan argument anymore. At this point my hypothesis is that SNK had invested in English printings of carts and used files to print on demand. Hence, they printed whatever was ordered.
  13. 1

Why is Kizuna Encounter (European version) so rare?

Key information to have from SNK retailers circa 1996 is whether SNK offered to buy back or exchange unsold stock. I can envision a retailer selling out of SSIV before selling even a single KE. Perhaps SNK offered to trade, took the unsold stock back, and then swapped the unsold Euro/US...