KOF 98 Combos

A

aziz_89

Wes said:
I'm really getting into this game, and would like to know what devestating combos people here use/know. I was fooling around with it last night and came across a simple combo that takes of 3/4 life using Andy in max mode.

Jump in FP/FK, Standing FP, cancel into HCF + P, then MAX Chou Reppa Dan to juggle.

Simple, yet effective damaging 22 hit combo. Best if used in the corner though.

I'd like to see some other people's combos so I can start getting an idea of what works with what, and how the game plays in general. Thanks.
driss_9708@hotmail.com

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
Here's a nice combo for Joe, but you can't perform it in MAX mode/when EXTRA POW guage is full.
Corner: Jumping C-->Tap A rapidly (7/8 hits), then QCF+C-->QCF, HCB+P
^50% damage:buttrock:

Toastyrokr

n00b
ok guys...i no this don't belong here but it's getting a lot of attention i have a question...i don't have a sega or a neo geo...

is there any other way i can get KOF 98???
they make it for PSone and i have a ps2 but i must've searched EVRYWHERE and i got nothing...do you no where i can get a PSone copy or if there is any other way for me to get the game?

Thanks~

Arthas

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
Toastyrokr said:
ok guys...i no this don't belong here but it's getting a lot of attention i have a question...i don't have a sega or a neo geo...

is there any other way i can get KOF 98???
they make it for PSone and i have a ps2 but i must've searched EVRYWHERE and i got nothing...do you no where i can get a PSone copy or if there is any other way for me to get the game?

Thanks~
Stay away from the PSone copy (only came out in japan anyway), it butchers the game badly.

Just download it for mame/kawaks and be done with it.

Toastyrokr

n00b
ok i went on both sites but neither loaded i think they might be shut down or somethin idk the search continues

thanks for the help

Toastyrokr

n00b
i tried to download it and...well...my comp froze for like 10 mins...ya its probably to crappy to handle that kinda thing...

ok sry to ruin this thread with my questions but if u no for ani other way...post

thank ya kindly

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
any mai shiranui combos in 98 or 99 ?, iam also looking for more takuma combos if there are any

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
i read through all the posts and didnt find any kensou combos, any help with this guys?

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher
What`s up with this thread people, you dont have any more love for KOF games, or this thread is dead, well if someone reads this, i would like to learn more combos from this game, especially with charas sucha as mai and kensou

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Man, that KOF site that was created is probably the coolest project that the members of this site banded together to help make. You don't see much of that these days anymore.

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
I started playing this a lot since Saturday and I am green as goat shit. I can't seem to pull off any of EX Terry's moves. My mains are EX Terry, Athena, and either King/Orochi Chris/ or EX Robert.

volume

n00b
trainer

say is there a trainer or some sort where you can program the combos by pressing lets say 2 or three buttons?

i want to see if there is any and not only for KOF but also other fighting games like kizuna encounter and especially savage reign since the combos there are just broken.

for example lets say i have this programed where i press ABC and it automatically keys in or executes the
combo :forw::downf::down::downb::back::forw::back::forw::A: for me without having to execute manually that broken combo

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
say is there a trainer or some sort where you can program the combos by pressing lets say 2 or three buttons?

i want to see if there is any and not only for KOF but also other fighting games like kizuna encounter and especially savage reign since the combos there are just broken.

for example lets say i have this programed where i press ABC and it automatically keys in or executes the
combo :forw::downf::down::downb::back::forw::back::forw::A: for me without having to execute manually that broken combo

no, stop being a bitch and learn the damn input, if you can't do the motion you can't do the attack.

volume

n00b
im not being a bitch. i can do the damn input manually but the combo itself is just broken. why are you such an asshole?

striderpunk

Member # 6311,
im not being a bitch. i can do the damn input manually but the combo itself is just broken. why are you such an asshole?

Well, if you can't complete the motions you can't do the combo, so again, I say stop being a bitch.

And yes, I am an asshole

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

You can do that sort of stuff with some emulators I think, macros are your friend.

Savage Reign combos aren't broken, some of them just don't work in all situations. Most KoF engines are very straight-forward, a b-n-b combo like j:D: -> s:C: -> special will always work, not so in SR, here, the engine sometimes counts certain parts of a combo as consecutive hit and sometimes it doesn't, depending on the chara positions, type of attack and probably the moon phases...

No matter how many macros you will create for SR, you can't verify the combos anyway since there's no rush counter.

Btw., I have the KoF98 openmook project as a backup file somewhere on my HD, I could check the contents and upload it on my webspace as zip file if anyone is still interested. It's incomplete but contains some good bits of info.

Last edited:

Annatar

Kabuki Klasher

God damn, where the hell this kind of people come from, if you dont want to pratice and you dont want to learn how to play or understand the mechanics within a game, just dont play the freaking game at all, maybe you should turn your emulator off and start playing some nintendo wii where you can try the kind of bullshit you wanna try in neo geo games:very_ang:

Nakoruru.Leona

Quiz Detective
I think the best combo of 98 edition is Kim :lolz: :lolz: but I have already forgot how to do since didn't play it anymore since 2001 :cool:

crygeo

n00b
Im a beginner and i just cant figure out how to perform a combo. I can perform DMs but not combos. The reason i cant do this is because if i perform one move my character just stays in that position even if i press keys to perform another move. When im able to, its too late. I watched a lot of combo videos and i cant figure out how you're able switch from one attack to another so fast because im unable to do that. Im playing kof 2000 on MAME. Can someone please help me?

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
From the SRK wiki...

"Mai only has a few combos, let's check 'em out.

cr.C/cl.C xx Ryuu Enbu (qcb+P)

cr.C xx Ryuu Enbu (qcb+P)/Killing Ninja Strike (hcf+K)/Super Killing Ninja Strike (qcb,hcf+K)

cr.B,cl.A xx C Ryuu Enbu (qcb+C)/B Killing Ninja Strike (hcf+B)/Super Killing Ninja Strike (qcb,hcf+K)

f+B, cr.C xx Ryuu Enbu (qcb+P)/Killing Ninja Strike (hcf+K)/Super Killing Ninja Strike (qcb,hcf+K)

corner only, meaty A Ryuu Enbu (qcb+A), st.A/B
corner only, meaty A Ryuu Enbu (qcb+A), cr.C xx Ryuu Enbu (qcb+P)/Killing Ninja Strike (hcf+K)/Super Killing Ninja Strike (qcb,hcf+K)
corner only, meaty A Ryuu Enbu (qcb+A), B Killing Ninja Strike (hcf+B)/Super Killing Ninja Strike (qcb,hcf+K)

Note that cr.C is hit-confirmable, so never do hcf+K or qcb,hcf+K on block obviously. For the cr.B combo, input cr.B, qcb+A, hcf+K for the super input."

"Takuma has a few different variations that lead into super, so experiment and find the one you're most comfortable with.

cr.A/Bx2,f+A xx C Fireball (qcf+C)

cr.A/Bx3,f+A (optional) xx A Ryuuko Ranbu (qcf,hcb+A)

cr.A/Bx2,f+b (optional) xx A Ryuuko Ranbu (qcf,hcb+A)

cr.C xx D Flying Kick (charge d/b,f+D), Rapid Punches (f,b,f+P)/st.CD xx A Fireball (qcf+A), B Running Kneebash Grab (hcb+B) (unblockable fireball setup if they roll)

Always use cr.B to start, then switch to cr.A if you want for the last light hit, but you can also just use cr.B for all the hits. Remember to use the hold buffering method if you use f+A (ie hold down B and use qcf+A for f+A input, then hcb+A to super). That way you won't get a fireball. Using f+B won't require this, but it has less range. Personally I just use cr.Bx3 xx super."

That should be a good start for you with Takuma. He can be a beast in KOF '98 and quite a fun character to use.

Last edited: