The Metal Slug thread

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Bump....

20 years later... did @kernow ever get his SLK and MS3? Does he now "spray coin" on AES games??? :unsure:

But more importantly... does anyone know the max number of hostages per stage for MS1 & MS2? I'm pretty sure I know where they all are, but also can't help but think I'm missing some.

Like the Hong Kong stage in MS2 - how many times will the game keep dropping hostages from the sky when you fight the boss? I've gone into that fight with 12 hostages and the game has dropped at least one more hostage randomly... same thing happens in Stage 3 when they randomly walk on.

Answer for Slug 1 at least.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

And for Slug 2...

As for where they are, lol... I'm sure I could remember some by muscle memory but it has sadly been a while since I played any Slug. Tried to get it running on my hacked SNES classic but didn't have any luck and stopped fussing with it.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I really wish they would have finished 5. There was a lot of potential but it's a broken, unfinished mess. Still it has 1000% more soul in it than 4 or 6.

I have XX on the PS4 but I don't know if I ever actually played it. I want to say I have and was mildly surprised that it wasn't total shite. But I'm probably misremembering.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
And for Slug 2...

As for where they are, lol... I'm sure I could remember some by muscle memory but it has sadly been a while since I played any Slug. Tried to get it running on my hacked SNES classic but didn't have any luck and stopped fussing with it.
Top man... I'll give both those guides some scruitny over the next week. I think I know where all the hostages are, but now to see if I'm right!!

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I really wish they would have finished 5. There was a lot of potential but it's a broken, unfinished mess. Still it has 1000% more soul in it than 4 or 6.

Could not have said it better myself. It promised a real return to form, but as you say, it's a dissjointed mess... to the point where it's almost distracting as you try and figure out what the fuck is going on.

I'd love to know why it was put out in such a half-assed way, especially as it would seem Playmore were trying to make an effort with it... but then just gave up, said "fuck it", and slapped what they'd got on to some carts. Maybe one day we'll find out...

I have XX on the PS4 but I don't know if I ever actually played it. I want to say I have and was mildly surprised that it wasn't total shite. But I'm probably misremembering.

XX is ok, but it has no charm or soul, and feels like a remix of all that went before it. It's better than 4 & 6, but not massively. The world is neither better for it, nor without.