Modding a NTSC console to 50hz

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Suppose a retard was feeling nostalgic for borders to the top and bottom of the screen, slower gameplay and broken dreams like most PAL gamers in the 90s endured.

Can a USA/JPN AES be modded to flip into 50hz mode like a shitty PAL console of days gone by? Is it basically the same process as modding a PAL console to 60hz but just a whole lot more retarded?

I’m guessing 50hz NTSC signal is a rare signal type and not supported by alot of CRTs as well. How would you get round that problem?

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, just reverse the PAL to NTSC modding process.

Of course the signal won't work on an NTSC TV. You'd need a PAL CRT, a pro monitor that supports PAL, or (probably easiest) an upscaler that will take a PAL signal and output 1080p HDMI (Retrotink 5X supports PAL).

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
Hey guys it’s Kernow being assertive!

The crowd goes mild!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Suppose a retard was feeling nostalgic for borders to the top and bottom of the screen, slower gameplay and broken dreams like most PAL gamers in the 90s endured.

Can a USA/JPN AES be modded to flip into 50hz mode like a shitty PAL console of days gone by? Is it basically the same process as modding a PAL console to 60hz but just a whole lot more retarded?

I’m guessing 50hz NTSC signal is a rare signal type and not supported by alot of CRTs as well. How would you get round that problem?
For RGB it will work as long as 50 hz is supported.

For composite, a pro grade multi-standard monitor should accept 50 hz NTSC.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has tried something like this, given rising autism levels. Even thinking of this means you should probably get checked out.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
You ever just wondered if something could be done just for the hell of it?

Like, imagine if an adult man’s extensive transformer toy collection could be melted into making something useful like a bumper for a real car, for instance.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Ladies and gentlemen what we have here is natural selection at work. Don't disrupt the process.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Everyone who does this should die on testicular cancer.
I've never heard of people dying on testicular cancer, only of. Is that where you have a heart attack and your head lands on someone else's tumor laden balls?

Sounds gay and I still agree.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
If we want a gay console that smells of onions, drinks wine and wears a beret maybe I should make a SECAM AES? @awbacon please make this mod video happen.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You ever just wondered if something could be done just for the hell of it?

Like, imagine if an adult man’s extensive transformer toy collection could be melted into making something useful like a bumper for a real car, for instance.
No?
Sarcasm does not suit people who make threads like this. Spastic level thread tubby