Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Anyone else think Pixelheart is just a rebranded NCI? They seem to have more or less the same business model, and a licensing deal with Visco.
Neo Conception International turned into JoshProd. JoshProd was later bought by Free Agent Games.

Free Agent Games associated:

JoshProd
PixelHeart
RushOnGame
Storybird, S.A.R.L.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
Seems like this is a boot. At least the case does not seem original as the mold is quite different

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Seems like this is a boot. At least the case does not seem original as the mold is quite different

The label is screwed..Is it worth the one grand risk that it's a boot? Is it fixed or unfixed?
Good luck to whomever is brave or foolish enough to bid.
BB

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
The label is screwed..Is it worth the one grand risk that it's a boot? Is it fixed or unfixed?
Good luck to whomever is brave or foolish enough to bid.
BB

It also does not have the double wide pin in the center of the cart edge. Almost certain this is a boot.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
It also does not have the double wide pin in the center of the cart edge. Almost certain this is a boot.
You've nailed it.looks like somebody destroyed that label double checking to make sure...heh
BB

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
case for sure is a repro, insert colors look off, I'd say 99% boot just based on those

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
The listing was taken down. I did message them and tell them it's likely a boot. So good on them if that is why. The seller is a pawn shop and said they know nothing about neo.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The listing was taken down. I did message them and tell them it's likely a boot. So good on them if that is why. The seller is a pawn shop and said they know nothing about neo.
ebay still removes boots? One down, millions left to go.

city41

Gal Ageise's Demon
10 Year Member
ebay still removes boots? One down, millions left to go.
I messaged the seller, not ebay. They are a pawn shop and the description said they knew nothing about it, but feel free to PM him to educate him. So I did. My guess is the seller took it down, which I commend them on.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Defo a boot - aside from the remarks already made about the case, late official AES games never used those sealing stickers iirc.

In fact, those large translucent sealing stickers went out of circulation around the time SNK moved from soft cases to snap-locks. They then used a small round neo-geo logo sticker (in colour) for a short period, before abandoning them altogether (circa 1997) (and I think these were only used in Japan as well).

However, NCI and other onion wearing outlets of questionable repute, started using them in their bootleg releases. If you ever see an NCI boot that's still "new", it will be sealed with one of these soft case style seals.

So, see a late or high value AES game, US or Japanese, with that old style sealing sticker anywhere on the snaplock case - be very, very, wary of what you're buying.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Like the poor soul who bought this
And weird shrinkwrap I guess lol And from Kuwait - out of control bootlegging in the Middle East, say it ain't so ma (it was awesome though - getting bootleg cheap C64 games back in the day when we weren't bothered by things like IP rights was amazing) Clownery

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The description says the cart doesn't work with early AES systems. What's the reason for incompatibility?

B.S. There is no way to know the revision based on S/N. Maybe the seller tested on various consoles and is doing some weird ass-covering, but there's no such thing as games that don't work on certain revisions.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Cartridge only?

*boner intensifies*
giphy.gif

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Last show I did sold empty NES/SNES boxes for $10-20 each and manuals for $5+ each.

doaal

Mr. Big's Thug
Time to save your paper receipts, boys. In twenty years when the new generation is retro collecting PS5 titles, that paper will be worth its weight in gold.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
A little late but I can understand if he somehow had the exact serial on the box but if it makes a non matching kit it’s fucking pointless. Just buy a repro box and print a label.