Alec Baldwin Brandon Lee'd someone

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Are all of these rules not just something that people write in health and safety manuals, before completely ignoring, like every other job that ever existed?

I'm not saying there should be no rules, but I also always feel sorry for the guy who gets caught out.

I mean, have you ever broken a speed limit? Did anyone die?
If this were Steve Carrell or Morgan Freeman, no one would be rubbing their hands at the thought of sending them to jail.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Are all of these rules not just something that people write in health and safety manuals, before completely ignoring, like every other job that ever existed?

I'm not saying there should be no rules, but I also always feel sorry for the guy who gets caught out.

I mean, have you ever broken a speed limit? Did anyone die?
This isn't akin to speeding. This is akin to driving drunk in the middle of the night without your lights on going down the wrong side of an unlit street in a blizzard.

All these rules were put into place in direct response to the Brandon Lee situation, and are probably the reason this is the first time it's happened since then.

No fewer than three times that gun went off on set with live ammo in it. There shouldn't have been live ammo in it one time, ever.

Cars are dangerous but guns are literally designed to kill. Firearm safety is no joke even to redneck families like mine.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
This isn't akin to speeding. This is akin to driving drunk in the middle of the night without your lights on going down the wrong side of an unlit street in a blizzard.

All these rules were put into place in direct response to the Brandon Lee situation, and are probably the reason this is the first time it's happened since then.

No fewer than three times that gun went off on set with live ammo in it. There shouldn't have been live ammo in it one time, ever.

Cars are dangerous but guns are literally designed to kill. Firearm safety is no joke even to redneck families like mine.
In 2020 there were over 13,000 americans killed in speeding incidents, and 535 unintentional firearm deaths. You're right, it's not at all akin to speeding.

Edit, I'm being a bit of a dick here for entertainment, but I'm just saying people are demanding blood for a guy who was reckless in a way that was actually less reckless than most people are on most days.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I think hollyweird should adopt their almost universal stance on gun control and never have a gun of any kind in any movie ever again.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I'm just saying people are demanding blood for a guy who was reckless in a way that was actually less reckless than most people are on most days.
There's a hole in that logic so big Louie Anderson could cannonball through it.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
If this were Steve Carrell or Morgan Freeman, no one would be rubbing their hands at the thought of sending them to jail.
Yeah but he sort of deserves it because he's a flaming liberal asshole, the kind even most other liberals hate.
(I'm not happy he killed somebody and anyone who is is a total piece of trash BTW)
Clearly some people are deriving schadenfreude from this whole situation and it's disgusting.
Remember that time he left his daughter a voice mail telling her listen here you fat little piggie piggie? That's funny.

His SNL Trump impersonation was funny at times, so people forgave him.
I gotta admit that scene in Glenn Gary Glenn Ross was epic even though i don't personally like him.
Think there was another movie or two (show) he did a decent job in but I can't be bothered to remember.

Pretty typical 80's-90's sales meeting.
Add on top of that most of these jobs are commission only so if you aren't selling it can be pretty stressful.
And there's times when nobody anywhere is buying anything, doesn't matter how "strong" you are.
I usually want to roll my eyes when I hear people today talking about "toxic" work environments.

I guess being a women working for Andrew Tate sounds like it would qualify though.

Last edited:

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Watching him eat at an Applebee's from afar as people surround him wanting selfies doesn't count.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Someone should be in jail for what happened. This was not an accident, it was gross negligence. I suppose it will be up for the jury to decide.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member

This was a pretty good scene. I enjoyed the movie but it's just a lot of talking, not for everyone type arty thing. I think this scene was written for Alec. I don't think it was in the original play. I'm too lazy to look it up so I'm going to accept that as fact.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Someone should be in jail for what happened. This was not an accident, it was gross negligence. I suppose it will be up for the jury to decide.

Someone, but not Alec.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Someone, but not Alec.
My prediction is uproar rabble rabble when the firearms manager gets convicted (cuz gun safety was her job) and Alec Baldwin gets acquitted (because gun safety wasn't his job). People will be saying he got special treatment because he's Hollywood Elite.

Tung Fu ru

Actual Musician,
20 Year Member
My prediction is uproar rabble rabble when the firearms manager gets convicted (cuz gun safety was her job) and Alec Baldwin gets acquitted (because gun safety wasn't his job). People will be saying he got special treatment because he's Hollywood Elite.
This is the most likely outcome

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Someone, but not Alec.

Yeah I dunno. Sounds like workplace safety on the set was a disaster. If Alec was responsible for any safety aspects he may have committed a crime. Guess it’s up to the jury.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Someone, but not Alec.
Actually, it should be Alec. He wasn't just the actor. He was in charge of the entire production. He's the guy who took shortcuts as well as firing the guy who should have been in charge of safety, and figured he could save a few dollars by not hiring someone qualified to replace the guy. So the ultimate responsibility does rest with him. The fact that he also happened to be the guy who actually pulled the trigger and shot someone doesn't even come into it. That is just gravy.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Also, I don't know where this was filmed or where he'll be tried, but Alec better pray it's not Orange County or Arizona or something. Because they'll kill him in Trump Country. They'll unanimously find him guilty on all counts and throw in some extra stuff besides.

HellioN

20 Year Member
One of the four commandments of gun safety is you never point your gun at anything you are not willing to destroy.
He broke that rule.
I don't think he murdered that woman but she died due to his gross negligence.

HellioN

20 Year Member
Also, I don't know where this was filmed or where he'll be tried, but Alec better pray it's not Orange County or Arizona or something. Because they'll kill him in Trump Country. They'll unanimously find him guilty on all counts and throw in some extra stuff besides.
I think it was New Mexico iirc.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I never really liked this guy, but his total failing to take responsibility for this makes me puke. Fuck this guy. I hope someone burns down his house while he’s serving his week in jail.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
She had already gone home for the day when the fatal shots were fired and Baldwin was the lead producer, though. He shouldn't have allowed shooting to continue at all without her on set and as the primary producer, writer, and star of the movie he had more power than anyone else to stop shooting.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Any retard can tell a blank from a regular round. He simply didn’t look at the bullets he fired, he’s to blame.

Also his Trump impression sucked.

I hope Woody Allen comes to his defense.