Post Your 90's Game Room

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Doing some cleaning and organizing that was left over after we moved 3 years ago (heh). Found a load of shit, including my time capsule with hundreds of pictures from the 90's. After years of thinking they were all lost, finally found a pic of my 18 year old game room circa December 1999 - So, I think most of us old-tymers were on Dolphin Lord's site and/or the DHP at this time.

Anyone else have some fun pics of their 90's game shit? Lol, my bedroom was so full of games I don't even know how I slept in here.

1672340577329.png

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I didn’t have a games room around that time. My bedroom was adorned with posters of scantily clad women, Deftones, Tool and Ministry Of Sound.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I was 16 years old in 99. Didn't have a game room either. At that time I might have had a Playstation and a Pc. That's about it. I hardly played videogames during that time. Was into other things.

I would say 7-15 were the years I really enjoyed gaming. Nes-Genesis-SegaCd-Arcades-Playstation. In that order.

I only got back into the hobby stuff around 23ish. That's when I started making decent money. Started to buy stuff I enjoyed as a kid and other things I heard about but never could afford or own. Videogames, freestyle bmx, comics, trading cards, stereo equipment, etc.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Why do you do this. Everyone knows

well, I thought somebody would point me out, on something I've missed. Also, it looks like there's a memory card for the AES/MVS.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
well, I thought somebody would point me out, on something I've missed. Also, it looks like there's a memory card for the AES/MVS.
It's hard to believe the density of your head hasn't resulted in the bending of spacetime to form a blackhole. Yet it feels as if we're being sucked into one with every single post you daft fuck.

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
It's hard to believe the density of your head hasn't resulted in the bending of spacetime to form a blackhole. Yet it feels as if we're being sucked into one with every single post you daft fuck.
I noticed you edited your post (while I was reading it).
Have you ever considered that just because someone makes "daft" posts sometimes, it doesn't mean that they're stupid?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Have you ever considered that just because someone makes "daft" posts sometimes, it doesn't mean that they're stupid?
Well that would be the case normally, yes but you're always "daft" mate.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
You said in chat because it's not obvious
It is obvious. Everyone here knows what they are but you're that retarded you think people don't. And even more retarded to list them.

I've never seen someone so fucking stupid

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I didn't take many pictures in the 90's cuz Film was expensive. I recently shared this one that i was able to find. 1999 or 2000. This is as close as I can get.

View attachment 61634

What's the PCFX game behind the Jag? It looks like an AES snaplock case, but I see the PCFX and NEC logo. I don't know much about that console, other than it exists and it bombed, so I have no idea what the cases look like. lol.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
What's the PCFX game behind the Jag? It looks like an AES snaplock case, but I see the PCFX and NEC logo. I don't know much about that console, other than it exists and it bombed, so I have no idea what the cases look like. lol.
Yeah, it does not look like it would be a good time.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
I didn't take many pictures in the 90's cuz Film was expensive. I recently shared this one that i was able to find. 1999 or 2000. This is as close as I can get.

View attachment 61634
Taking another look, I'd say chances are this is year 2000 since you have a good amount of Dreamcast stuff and DC came out in NA only in the last few months of 99.

What do the joysticks with the orange sticks go to?

Congrats on the national honor society.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It's Miraculum - The Last Revelation, OGDB link (German database, my scans)

Some games came in those cases and some only in jewel cases. Miraculum is one of the better games. I own it and it's one of my five originals. Glad the PC-FX plays burned CDs. Mine needs a recap, sound problems are severe and typical.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It’s no Blazing Lazers; however, the spliced in seamless FMV and art direction are truly next level.
Zenki & Zeroigar are the only two tastsujin 32 games to make the jump to FX, and a glimpse of what could’ve been in an alternate universe where 2D supremacy held on for one more generation than it did.

Busted ass 1st gen PSX polys, or Zenki FX? Aesthetically speaking, there is no contest.

I wish the NEC Avenue team that did DownLoad 2 worked on GTZ.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Does me running a convention game room in 1999 count? I can still smell how funky that room got in just a single day. Almost all of the systems and games from this con came from my personal collection, we mostly rented CRTs and built custom lock boxes.

God, the pic the writer of me is so bad. It was like 2am and I felt and looked like shit. The one of me with the mic is a little better. @Stefan , click on the link for nostalgia overload. I wish I had pics of my game room from this time but I threw out all of my real film pictures like an idiot.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Taking another look, I'd say chances are this is year 2000 since you have a good amount of Dreamcast stuff and DC came out in NA only in the last few months of 99.

What do the joysticks with the orange sticks go to?

Congrats on the national honor society.

Yeah the millennium edition controller i think points this to 2000.
The orange joystiqs were for TG-16. Something 3rd party i think. I preferred them for Dungeon Explorer which i played relentlessly.

While this seems like a lot of stuff, I got almost all of this working low paying jobs as a student. The 3DO was clearance. The Jag was clearance. The NGCD was the SNK bundle special. At this point, i had dropped Magic and 40k a few years back, and focused my paychecks on retrogaming and taco bell.