Dinoforce: unreleased PC Engine shooter dumped for FREE

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
…sorry, totally lost on me. I like packaging a lot, but not fake shit.

AirZonk

n00b
I gave the rom a try and thought it wasn't that great. Anyone else play it? If so, what do you think?

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
I gave the rom a try and thought it wasn't that great. Anyone else play it? If so, what do you think?
A good concept that's not great in practice. Not to say there isn't something of value here, though, as I get what they're going for. But I don't feel the execution of the concept is the best. I can see why it was canned.

Still, it's an interesting curio and neat to see the different ways developers were trying new stuff to spice up STGs - especially on a console where STGs make up the bulk of content.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I just don’t like the pop-o-matic Trouble dice protruding from the ship.

Why not a lance like Eco•Fighters, and Ave Pad 3 support to rotate the lance?

KGRAMR

Another Striker
PCEWorks should track down the unreleased PC Engine version of Cocoron and make it available. Hell, instead of doing the shit they pull out, PCEWorks should find more canned PC Engine games, make a physical release, and later release the ROM to the public. A win/win situation for all of us!

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I like the PC Engine but holy hell, that dude is irrational fanboyism incarnated .

I don’t know how familiar you guys are with that dude but I first encountered him back when he was the biggest fan on planet earth of the Capcom CPS Changer. He had shirts printed up with his name on it crediting him as the foremost expert on the (kinda) system. They weren’t bad looking shirts but they did expose him as massively out of touch with humanity.

Honestly seeing that name again is such a trip. It’s like when Nintega shows up and you’re on one hand amazed that he’s still alive after so many years and at the same time very sad to see that nothing has changed.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
deep, challenging, moody, unique, clever
JFC what the fuck. Game looks shit like pretty much every other unreleased game that gets dumped.