Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
There are several Chinese brick manufacturers that pick L names similar to LEGO, probably in the hopes that people will accidentally mistake them for the big guy. Off the top of my head: Lepin, Lari, Lhox, Linoos, Leduo, Leyi, Le De Pin, Loz, LWCK, LW, and Lele (the first two got busted and shutdown for LEGO bootlegs...it's like cutting a head off the hydra though, more appear and take their place).

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Who in their right minds wants an "Everett Ross" action figure and who in the actual fuck knew that was Martin Freeman's character's name?
As a Black Panther fan, I knew his name. Don't want the figure, but if I collected them, I probably would. The movie character is kind of whatever, but he comes from a comic book run that is probably the best in Black Panther's entire history. Written by the great Christopher Priest.

The comic character was based on Michael J Fox visually and tempormentally. It's too bad he wasn't able to do the movies.

Marvel-Knights-Black-Panther-Auszug-1.jpg

This must have come from the German edition, but you get the idea.

@M

20 Year Member
HornheaDD's wife got him the official LEGO set, Zeta, not a knockoff. The link for the trailer I shared is an unofficial Chinese product, but, his Optimus Prime set with the 18+ rating is the real deal.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
HornheaDD's wife got him the official LEGO set, Zeta, not a knockoff. The link for the trailer I shared is an unofficial Chinese product, but, his Optimus Prime set with the 18+ rating is the real deal.
He's not going to listen 🤣

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
As a Black Panther fan, I knew his name. Don't want the figure, but if I collected them, I probably would. The movie character is kind of whatever, but he comes from a comic book run that is probably the best in Black Panther's entire history. Written by the great Christopher Priest.

The comic character was based on Michael J Fox visually and tempormentally. It's too bad he wasn't able to do the movies.

Marvel-Knights-Black-Panther-Auszug-1.jpg

This must have come from the German edition, but you get the idea.

As always I love your encyclopedia knowledge of comic history.
Great art on that panel.

Glad to know it's an established character and not just some tolkien white guy for American racists and Chinese audiences.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
As always I love your encyclopedia knowledge of comic history.
Great art on that panel.

Glad to know it's an established character and not just some tolkien white guy for American racists and Chinese audiences.
He was kind of a Doctor Watson character (but more bumbling than Watson), narrating the story, to Black Panther's Sherlock Holmes. By telling the story from Ross' perspective, it allowed T'Challa's thoughts and plans to remain hidden, so that at the end of the story, you'd realize he was 12 steps ahead of everyone the entire time and manipulating everybody.

@M

20 Year Member
Ultra Magnus-Skylynx centaur. Both cool and an abomination. Their color schemes were definitely made for one another!1669058873026.jpg

BeefJerky

Computerstaat Funster
20 Year Member
There are several Chinese brick manufacturers that pick L names similar to LEGO, probably in the hopes that people will accidentally mistake them for the big guy. Off the top of my head: Lepin, Lari, Lhox, Linoos, Leduo, Leyi, Le De Pin, Loz, LWCK, LW, and Lele (the first two got busted and shutdown for LEGO bootlegs...it's like cutting a head off the hydra though, more appear and take their place).

Cringe.

@M

20 Year Member
This is some AliExpress knockoff silliness that falls into the "so bad, it's good" category for me. I think they stole the Robert Downey Jr. head mold from a Hasbro 12" action figure and the body is mostly an altered and recolored LEGO 75525 Star Wars Baze Malbus.

Tengshuo KSZ 319-3 "Super Heroes: Iron Man Stark", 96+ pcs. I only paid $5.94 at AliExpress.

IMG_20221122_125831036~2.jpgIMG_20221122_122444188~2.jpgIMG_20221122_122641713~3.jpgIMG_20221122_122553854~2.jpg

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Official or ko !?
I'm not 100% sure honestly. I've been trying to determine how to tell. The box does have the hologram and all that along w it, but there is no metal on the fig.

I only have two other MPs, one is the original MP01 prime and a Skywarp. I know for sure Prime has metal in the build and I want to say Skywarp does too, but not certain.

I *think* this might be a KO but for the price I got him at I'm ok with it if he is.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
This is some AliExpress knockoff silliness that falls into the "so bad, it's good" category for me. I think they stole the Robert Downey Jr. head mold from a Hasbro 12" action figure and the body is mostly an altered and recolored LEGO 75525 Star Wars Baze Malbus.

Tengshuo KSZ 319-3 "Super Heroes: Iron Man Stark", 96+ pcs. I only paid $5.94 at AliExpress.

View attachment 60966View attachment 60967View attachment 60968View attachment 60969
What do you do with this garbage?

@M

20 Year Member
Open, build, review, partially disassemble (so they take up less space and won't break), and put them into storage. Rinse and repeat.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
What happens when you run out of space, rent another storage unit?

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I'm not 100% sure honestly. I've been trying to determine how to tell. The box does have the hologram and all that along w it, but there is no metal on the fig.

I only have two other MPs, one is the original MP01 prime and a Skywarp. I know for sure Prime has metal in the build and I want to say Skywarp does too, but not certain.

I *think* this might be a KO but for the price I got him at I'm ok with it if he is.
Right the most risk with ko transformers is the quality nothing more either it's well made or poorly.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
They should make an snk Lego set. Maybe with a figure of Terry bogard and the scenery is neo geo land from kof95.

@M

20 Year Member
What happens when you run out of space, rent another storage unit?
Fat Chocobo filled with Bags of Holding. 😉
They should make an snk Lego set. Maybe with a figure of Terry bogard and the scenery is neo geo land from kof95.
That would be cool, but, I think that SNK is too niche for LEGO to consider. They've done Mario, Sonic, Overwatch, & Minecraft sets though (and Mega Construx has made shitloads of Pokemon, Call of Duty, and HALO kits). I think the main reason that many Metal Slug block sets have been made, by other manufacturers, is that series is more toyetic and military kits are very popular in general (a theme LEGO won't touch).