Anyone here collect toys/Action Figures?

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I guess the Transformers Studio Series have already announced Snarl. Im hoping Swoop gets announced as well. Ive got Grimlock, Slug and Sludge in SS. I'd love to have the whole team. The Studio Series figures (at least the leader class) are about as close as you can get to a Masterpiece at non-masterpiece prices.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Those ARE pretty cool and I've never seen them before. My kneejerk reaction was Dinosaurs for Hire. They also look like they'd fit in, stylistically, with the Street Sharks line.

It is basically a continuation of the street sharks line with its own cartoon

Reactions: @M

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I guess the Transformers Studio Series have already announced Snarl. Im hoping Swoop gets announced as well. Ive got Grimlock, Slug and Sludge in SS. I'd love to have the whole team. The Studio Series figures (at least the leader class) are about as close as you can get to a Masterpiece at non-masterpiece prices.
It's not Slug like a snail. It's Slag like your mom.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
More Hasbro Marvel Legends windowless boxes figure swapping thievery bullshit. This guy had them opened inside of Walmart (he could see the box tape had been cut), in view of employees, so they couldn't say he did it.
1668490967320.jpg1668490963092.jpg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Who in their right minds wants an "Everett Ross" action figure and who in the actual fuck knew that was Martin Freeman's character's name?
Nobody, it probably came with some piece of a larger figure or some other shitty gimmick. Toy companies have been doing things like that for years since they're contractually obligated to release whatever characters are determined in the licsening agreement and a lot of them are stinkers that would never move otherwise.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It's Slug now. They changed it.
If they change Daredevil to DareDude someday because Disney becomes afraid of offending a segment of society in a country outside of the US, will you mindlessly go along with that, too?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
D.A.R.E.Dude was the anti-drug use assembly mascot at my Middle School.

@M

20 Year Member
I remember they changed the Marvel Holocaust BAF figure's name into Nemesis at retail for the obvious reason. And Hellboy was shortened to HB on the packaging to get that in stores at one point.

I don't think anyone would change Daredevil's name because daredevil is a word that people just associate with thrill seeker's rather than the satanic and he's obviously a guy in a costume. The Infinity War doppelganger version of Daredevil was more literally a devil (just as the 6-armed Spider-Man doppelganger was more literally a spider), so, I could potentially see problems with that one from the religious folks if it was ever made as a toy (however, Legend's Tim Curry The Darkness toy--and you don't get much more devil than that--has been made and sold at retail).

Edit: I just remembered Disney doesn't use Boba Fett's Slave 1 ship's name anymore, for the obvious reason, too. I think a LEGO set was the first time that went into effect.

Last edited:

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
If they change Daredevil to DareDude someday because Disney becomes afraid of offending a segment of society in a country outside of the US, will you mindlessly go along with that, too?
Hydrogen gas is the least dense substance in the world, at 0.08988g/cc.

@M

20 Year Member
I actually have a hydrogen "toy". When I was taking organic chemistry in college, I bought one of those overpriced molecular modeling kits (different colored/sized balls for hydrogen/carbon/oxygen/nitrogen atoms & sticks for bonds between them) which can help you visualize different molecules. I think it was like $30-40, but, that was nothing compared to the $500 textbook and $300 lab book! 😳 That's Sideshow statchoo money...

@M

20 Year Member
After you build it, there's an unofficial trailer add-on set available for him too:

@M

20 Year Member
The 18+ is probably because it's intended more for adult collectors as well as the large piece count and model's relative complexity.

Could be for his gun accessory build too.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
All of those toys are for "adults" nowadays anyway. Your kid is probably retarded if it can't build some legos.

@M

20 Year Member
Some building block sets, especially Technic ones, are very complex and vexing, even for adults. But, generally, I would agree that most of LEGO's standard sets would be realistically buildable by older children-tweens. How many of said children would have the patience to spend hours putting together a ~1,500 piece robot, when they could be playing Fruit Ninja or something on their cellphone instead, is another matter...

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
After you build it, there's an unofficial trailer add-on set available for him too:

lol "LEBO"