MISTer FPGA?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member

I am looking for one of these in the UK or europe, and this is the only place that sells them. About $35 shipped.

If anyone in the US buys any, and fancies doing me a favour x - let me know :)
I'm deconstructing my digital Mister setup and won't need the 5v jumper anymore. I'm happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping. I wonder if we could get by just shipping in like a padded envelope.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I gotta' say in agreement here. No harm in posting them in your "One Thread..." though - but doubling up is kinda' weird, man.

Peeps who still watch your stuff are subbed to your thread at this point. You won't get twice the clicks for the same video.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm deconstructing my digital Mister setup and won't need the 5v jumper anymore. I'm happy to send it to you for the cost of shipping. I wonder if we could get by just shipping in like a padded envelope.
That would be great if it's the one in the pic! :)

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
Uh yeah what's the single mister thread shit if you are posting this twice

I'm sure you're a bit mental
Lol you seem to be the one that has made it your mission to give me shit and I’m the mental one 😂

Edit : I spelled shit poorly

Last edited:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I always have nightmares where I'm getting head and awbacon looks up and says

*Enjoyyy*

In his campest voice

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm just gonna stop talking and patronising everyone to let you hear this soundtrack

*ennnnjoyyy* 💅

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Atrac17 & Darren__O are actively developing. They made the CoinOpCollection. It's about the special game mechanic possession of the enemy.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
FM Towns core in the works, DOS & very early:

Finally, the TOWNS core has managed to boot up to DOS.
All the cores I have written so far have been using uPD765 FDC, so I had a good track record with them, but TOWNS is the first time to use MB8877A.
However, TOWNS is the first time to use MB8877A, and there are many things I don't understand even though I read the datasheet.
I managed to get the sector read and other functions to work. This time, from the beginning, I used FDC emulation instead of FDD emulation.
Therefore, it does not read/write to/from a disk image that has been expanded in memory.
Because of the large size of the circuit, it runs on DE10-nano and MiSTer, not on DE0 or DE0-CV, which you are used to.
The screen is still halfway, and the sprites have not been implemented except for RAM, but DOS can now be started, so I am releasing it to the public for now.
For some reason, V3.1 did not start DOS, but V6.2 did.
The graphics mode of FMR50 mode uses memory differently from the real machine, so the display may be unreliable depending on the software. In the real machine, only the VRAM image seen from the CPU looks like R50, but this core also has R50 mode for the screen display circuit. Switching is done by the address accessed by the CPU, so when image data is written in R50 mode and the CPU refers to the VRAM address, the display mode switches to TOWNS mode and the image collapses.
SCSI also reproduces the state in which no drive is connected, and CD-ROM also reproduces the state in which no media is inserted, up to the level of reproducing the state in which no media is inserted.
I think I can do it for CD-ROM as long as it is a single file in .iso format, but for BIN+CUE/WAV, I need to handle multiple files and I am not sure how to deal with it on the FPGA side. If we do it on the ARM side, where is the software? We may support only ISO files first. I'm not sure if there are any SCSI HDD emulation programs available, but SASI HDDs were easy to find.

Please create a TOWNS directory on your SD card and save the BIOS ROM image as boot.rom.
ROM image should be concatenated in the following order from the top of the file.
DOS(512kB)
DIC(512kB)
FNT (256kB)
F20(512kB)
SYS(256kB)
The NVRAM (SRAM) will evaporate when the core is reloaded, so it must be set each time.
The file format of the FD image is .D88 as usual.
D88 file format as usual. I know it is still really only running DOS, but please keep a kind eye on it.