Post Your Recent Purchases!

edd_jedi

NEST Puppet
My three year old son knocked our living room TV off its stand yesterday and cracked the screen. After being furious for a few minutes, I realised it was an opportunity for a stealth upgrade. Today I bought this 50" Android TV made by TCL for under £400. It runs 90s emulators on RetroArch really well, KOF98 seems to run perfectly with no dropped frames. I already had a wireless controller lying around, so now have a living room gaming setup (my real consoles are confined to my office!)

So if anyone is looking for a really convenient way to play Neo Geo games with minimal hardware, all you need now is a TV, nothing else even plugged into it!

IMG_2413.jpeg

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Nice scores Chu, I recognize a few of those ;) Here is what i got over last 4 weeks.

AES:

Sonic Wings 3
Ghost Pilots (Dog-Tag)
Slug 2 (JPN)
Pulstar
Last Resort (Dog-Tag)
Robo Army (Dog-Tag)
Mutation Nation (JPN)
KOTM (Dog-Tag)
Burning Fight (JPN)
Baseball Stars 2 (Dog-Tag)
Ninja Combat (JPN)
Pics or it didn’t happen

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
This arrived the other day... I'm not into Nerf, but I do like Aliens! Might give it my boy for Xmas...

52491240064_ca68d3a12d_z.jpg

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Pre-ordered mine from Hasbro as soon as it was announced... it's a Pulse rifle you can use to shoot children, the elderly, and small furry animals with - what's not to like?!
I'd want to repaint it

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
This arrived the other day... I'm not into Nerf, but I do like Aliens! Might give it my boy for Xmas...

52491240064_ca68d3a12d_z.jpg
If only they offered it in a green/black colour way.
Still pretty cool, how much $$$ if I may ask?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
If only they offered it in a green/black colour way.
Still pretty cool, how much $$$ if I may ask?
Yeah, it'd be cool with a movie paint job, but for what is essentially a nerf gun it's a pretty decent replica. Not prop levels of accuracy, but pretty decent, and there's some weight to it as well.

I think it was 100 bucks plus shipping... not sure what the scalpers are asking... Hasbro are sold out.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
My three year old son knocked our living room TV off its stand yesterday and cracked the screen. After being furious for a few minutes, I realised it was an opportunity for a stealth upgrade. Today I bought this 50" Android TV made by TCL for under £400. It runs 90s emulators on RetroArch really well, KOF98 seems to run perfectly with no dropped frames. I already had a wireless controller lying around, so now have a living room gaming setup (my real consoles are confined to my office!)

So if anyone is looking for a really convenient way to play Neo Geo games with minimal hardware, all you need now is a TV, nothing else even plugged into it!

View attachment 60480
Where is the thumbs down? Place your child head first in an ice crusher.

HellioN

20 Year Member
split pad pro.jpg
Hori Split Pad Pro.
Makes handheld mode feel like a real controller!
Also picked up Mad World & RE4 for the Wii.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
20221117_095515 copy.jpg

Grabbed these all within the last few months. You all know by this point I get 99.99% of my games from Japan, so all came with significant savings (most 1000-2500 LESS) over Ebay or Neo-Store prices. Landed a dream job in my field earlier this year, so I set aside a bit of money to grab some sought after games. There are only 4 games left to complete my personal AES set, so I'll slowly grab those next year. Also upgraded a few other copies of games recently like Ninja Master's, King of Monsters 2, and Super Sidekicks 2.

Some specifics: SSVS is unfixed (and oddly came with TWO extra authentic cartridge labels???). Metal Slug 3 is a first print. All are near mint and complete except for Andro Dunos which is a loose cart. I had an extra authentic vinyl case lying around so grabbed an insert from NeoOldStore.

Also...The pink thing is a cat toy - not a peppermint dildo with ears. Although, feel free to use your imagination. 🍆

Last edited:

HellioN

20 Year Member
Custom NES pads. PCBs and membranes gutted from Hyperkin Cadets, shells and buttons from Retro Modding, and decals from GrafxGear.
The black pad has been modded to run on Master System.

View attachment 60803
That SMS modded one is sweet.
Do the select/start buttons do anything?
Be cool if you could make them turbo fire or figure out a way to activate the pause button.

zaneiken

Zero's Tailor
10 Year Member
That SMS modded one is sweet.
Do the select/start buttons do anything?
Be cool if you could make them turbo fire or figure out a way to activate the pause button.
Start button pauses, but it requires a mod on the console side.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
View attachment 60801

Grabbed these all within the last few months. You all know by this point I get 99.99% of my games from Japan, so all came with significant savings (most 1000-2500 LESS) over Ebay or Neo-Store prices. Landed a dream job in my field earlier this year, so I set aside a bit of money to grab some sought after games. There are only 4 games left to complete my personal AES set, so I'll slowly grab those next year. Also upgraded a few other copies of games recently like Ninja Master's, King of Monsters 2, and Super Sidekicks 2.

Some specifics: SSVS is unfixed (and oddly came with TWO extra authentic cartridge labels???). Metal Slug 3 is a first print. All are near mint and complete except for Andro Dunos which is a loose cart. I had an extra authentic vinyl case lying around so grabbed an insert from NeoOldStore.

Also...The pink thing is a cat toy - not a peppermint dildo with ears. Although, feel free to use your imagination. 🍆
Badass scores Mike!! Love that Pulstar and killing me with that Slug 3 man.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Few more AES games I have got over last couple weeks.

Samauri Spirits
AOF (jpn)
Football Frenzy (Dog-Tag)
8 man (jpn)
Sonic Wings 2
Metal Slug 4 (jpn)
Last Blade 2 (jpn)
KOF '96 (jpn)
SVC Chaos (jpn)
Neo XYX (jpn)