Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Soldier Blade. 6th stage is brutal, the chain deaths are real.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Did the GG Aleste trifecta. 1cc 1-3. Was going to start playing special mode on GGA3 but instead I’ve been playing ESP Rade.

The harder modes are brutal on GGA.

Maybe I will play Parodius but I’m not a big fan. I might try to introduce Harmful Park when it’s my turn.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Hell yeah roker, that's excellent work. 💪💪💪

Yeah, Gokujo Parodius as a scoring competition sucks, it's not my thing. It's fun to mess around on, I guess, but it's not fun to play seriously. My b for voting for that one, haha.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Was on the Solder Blade grind hard and finally bagged the clear last night. Only died once, somehow - on the sixth level boss as it was dying. Wish I had recorded it. It's a relatively long game, so I'm glad to have this one in the bag. Pretty satisfying clear!

Also, cheapo clear? What's that? All my Donpachi clears probably count as cheapo clears, haha. But a clear's a clear's a clear my guy 😤😤😤

Also, also, anybody play Cho Ren Sha at all? I was jonesin' for more shooting action after Soldier Blade last night (actually very early this morning - too old for this shit), so loaded it up on the X68000 core on Mister. It's pretty awesome! Got to the sixth level boss and the game threw an error... :(

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Was on the Solder Blade grind hard and finally bagged the clear last night. Only died once, somehow - on the sixth level boss as it was dying. Wish I had recorded it. It's a relatively long game, so I'm glad to have this one in the bag. Pretty satisfying clear!

Kept losing my shit on the last level, but I haven't given it a try in a while. Maybe next month. Would like to put this clear behind me.

Ajax

15 Year Member
Bag it up roker, you got this homie 💪

ChoAniki

n00b
Got Espgaluda lately, really cool, love it. Played some hours of Mars Matrix.
Man, it's really fun but it kicks your ass hard.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Got Espgaluda lately, really cool, love it. Played some hours of Mars Matrix.
Man, it's really fun but it kicks your ass hard.
These are both in my top 10 for sure.

Galuda always draws me back because it's not -too- insane, but still really fun.

Mars Matrix, if you are playing on Dreamcast and not CPS2, is lacking slowdown. If you're on CPS2, it's a little better in the later stages especially. On the DC the mass of bullets just keeps coming full speed.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
Lately I have been playing Viewpoint and DeathSmiles 2. I first got hooked on the AES copy of Viewpoint I bought in the 90s. I still dig the music in it. Also been getting in some DeathSmiles 2 in the Artax multi. I stink at the game but it is fun to play.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Ketsui, Dangun Feveron, Esp Ra. De, and Tiger Heli - all on PS5.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Just this weekend, i finished Undead Line (the Sega Genesis version) twice on emulator. The first time with save states due to how brutal the game is on the standard normal difficulty. However, i completed it a second time without save states and somehow snatched a no miss run. Turns out that the turbo function of that game is a complete joke! Don't bother with it.

KGRAMR

Another Striker
After days of tries, i finally managed to snatch a 1CC in Space Harrier. This is the 32X version, which only gives you a single extra life. I did it via the Kega Emulator, as i don't have a 32X yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_134524.jpg
    IMG_20221117_134524.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 1