Firearm enthusiast thread

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
bipartisan gun regulations approved. I'm amazed.
only took how many dead children?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I’m skeptical as to efficacy of this new law.
it's not going to stop mass shootings or anything, but it does put more liability on both parties since they worked on it together. So now they both want to see some success from it.

Last edited:
How about you predictable cry babies talk about guns or show some guns. There are plenty of other threads for your tired political circle jerking.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
How about you predictable cry babies talk about guns or show some guns. There are plenty of other threads for your tired political circle jerking.

lol

I really would like a lever action rifle, a blackpowder musket, and some kind of single shot rifle (smokeless or black powder) like a sharps.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I have a marlin 336 in 30-30 that was made in the 50's.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I've been watching guys on YouTube with sharps rifles shooting 1k+ yards with irons. Absolutely outrageous. One dude was shooting out to a mile at a 2' square target and getting within 6" of it. I think he was working up a load. I forget what his rifle was in, I think it was .45-120. Dude was from Australia.

Really cool stuff. They have a Sharps rifle shoot in Montana every year, I bet that's pretty fun to go to. I think it's a bit mountain man/frontier themed.

Really falling in love with outdoor shooting at a nra built public range on federal land here.

At the moment Im about them AK’s and M1A’s. Im definitely a rifle guy, handguns havent hit me the same. Got a pal who’s father has a decent collection and its been awesome to just try a bunch of things, optics too, just ordered an EOtech holo to try.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Went clay shooting on the weekend which was fun, first time and hit 8 out of 12 targets. Gotta do something while I wait for my license to find it's way through the labyrinth.

Shot my first pistol caliber carbine yesterday and fell in love.

You going to run an optic on that mainman? I havent tried any kind of revolver yet but a long 357 with an optic sounds like a fun range toy to me.

Last edited:
Oddly enough I felt like dancing around the range yesterday with that thing.

Smol AK. Bought myself a little k-usa kp9 vityaz clone and put a bunch of tactical nonsense on it. Very odd to jump back and forth between that and my krink in 7.62.

You going to run an optic on that revolver? I havent had the opportunity to try revolvers yet but a long 357 with an optic sounds like a fun range toy.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I like 357 magnum. I have an Italian Single Action Army clone in 357mag and a Ruger GP101 (blued GP100) that was a security guard trade in. Both fun guns.

One of these years I’ll get a 357 lever gun.

Yeah 357 is attractive to me, not horribly priced, can plink with 38, plenty of carbine and revolver choices out there for it. And Im not afraid of the recoil like 44.

I bid on a few 357 chiappa rhinos. not that seriously though. Held one a few times and they feel great to me.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
Shot my first pistol caliber carbine yesterday and fell in love.

You going to run an optic on that mainman? I havent tried any kind of revolver yet but a long 357 with an optic sounds like a fun range toy to me.
Yeah my vision is starting to go, I can't focus on objects the size of a cantaloupe in detail beyond 40 feet very well. Definitely going to mount a reflex sight. This is my second revolver, I sold my SW 500 because I plan on buying the performance center version in the future.

I only buy/collect the big bore stuff. 357 would be the better economical choice for a range toy and the highest cal I would dare use for actual self defense. I might buy the 357 conversion kit for my Desert Eagle as I can't really afford to practice with .44 and especially 50AE

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
You deserve a .357 Desert Eagle…unless you can get a .357 Coonan.

mainman

CPS2 Person.,
20 Year Member
You deserve a .357 Desert Eagle…unless you can get a .357 Coonan.
I actually was trying to source a Coonan and LAR Grizzly. It feels sacrilegious to downgrade a DE to .357 but damn ammo cost of .44 and 50AE right now is insane. I am sitting on around 800rds of 50AE and a couple thousands in .44

The irony is I am going to have to drop 1k on .454 and .460 to get my stockpile started for the new revolver.

Yeah starting into firearms in my 40’s has me wondering how good my eyes were in my 20’s. Feels like Im starting at a deficit now.

I do enjoy optic tech though, they have been their own journey. Red dots are smeary for me but Im decent with a fine one, especially in green. I like prism scopes but not the eye relief distance or most of the reticles for them. LPVO’s feel too sluggish to me.

Also regret not getting to try and shoot long long distance while living in california desert and push my vision. Out here in kentucky I cant ever see getting the opportunity to shoot over a few hundred yards, my poor national match M1A will never see real distance.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Do you have an astigmatism? Some red dots are less blurry than others for people with them. My friend had a single dot Eotech that worked for him whereas other dots were blurry for him, that one was crisp.

Yeah Ive read into it, must have a slight astigmatism. Like I mentioned I can use a red dot its just not sharp. So the smaller the dot and having it only dimly lit, and changing the color to green help. But its just not a fun experience when you cant see a sharp reticle.

I've tried a decent amount of red dots and prism scopes, one lpvo. Been just experimenting, same as with the firearms themselves. I have an EO-tech holo coming this week, high hopes for that. Someone sell me an acog cheap.