Matrimelee; I will die on this hill...best Neo Geo game ever!

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
I might be the only person to hear that actually liked groove on fight power instinct 3. That’s the best of the series in my opinion.

Never really cared for Matrimelee
I really liked Groove on Fight as well. It was a darker game than its sequel. Just felt better than rage of the dragons 2.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
I really liked Groove on Fight as well. It was a darker game than its sequel. Just felt better than rage of the dragons 2.
Super fun game for sure. I have a video coming up on that maybe summer? Can’t remember

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I am a big fan of the series, I enjoy the humor and quirkiness. I do agree with you it’s not on par with RBS and Garou ( I would put them a notch above this too), but it is fun and different. I am in no way an expert though and @Stefan knows more about the storylines than I do, and fills me in sometime, but he has encyclopedic knowledge about everything.

The second closest Round 1 to me near Camden, NJ has Power Instinct 5 (and Salamander 2), I wish the nearest Exton, PA had it as well, and I would bother to go to Round 1 more. I did get to spend some time with it one time with Jonny Maximum @Jon and got to the final boss. We were over the bridge and were going to check out another arcade in the same mall since we were there and that arcade was closed and looked like it sucked, so it was a nice surprise.

I have pretty much every port In the series (and Purikura too) I can think of, I got the megadrive version of 1 around February this year, I don’t see that around too much. I do think the SNES version is superior but this version does have Genny graphics and sound which differentiates it, not to mention other modes.

I wish 2 came out on the Saturn with the Meg cart instead of the suspect PS1 port, it would have been nice for it to be more arcade perfect than what we got. I still play 2 on my PS3 though. It would be nice to have all the backgrounds and no loading when the characters changed.

Personally

2>MM PS2> MM> 5 (only because I haven’t played it too much> 1 > GonF. GonF is “darker” to me so I could see the appeal, it’s just not as much for me.

Here is a video that goes more in depth on the regional differences between the US and Japanese version, I don’t know why they even bothered making the changes

Last edited:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
We are so playing PI5 the next time you are over @Ralfakick.
I was at Exton R1 tonight: Table Flip Damage game is repaired, and electro-mechanical PONG is BACK!!

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
We are so playing PI5 the next time you are over @Ralfakick.
I was at Exton R1 tonight: Table Flip Damage game is repaired, and electro-mechanical PONG is BACK!!
I wish any of my damn friends liked fighting games. I’m forever stuck playing the CPU

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I need to get there again soon its been a bit. Once in a while on a Saturday Id go to Mino for the all you can eat sushi in Malvern, go to the Pinball Galley, and then finish off at round 1 (sometimes I’d hit up Han Dynasty instead for some Dan Dan Noodles). Haven’t done that in over a year now, I don’t think Mino has all you can eat anymore even.

Edit spoke too soon, just checked, still no Saturday though.

35F48F64-2650-4384-83FF-9F8A8BAE1842.jpeg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The kids and I haven’t been to pinball gallery since before COVID…gotta hit them up after they get their second booster.