SOLD: Busted Screen Analogue Pocket with Dock - Still Works Perfect with Dock

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
SOLD

Sale Stuff:
  • $130 (includes shipping to US only). Dock is included with all hookups. Has all the boxes, yadda yadda.
  • Console screen is busted beyond repair, BUT the console works perfectly when hooked up to the dock (the Dock will work with just about any Bluetooth controller, even a PS4 controller)
  • If you aren't concerned about portable play, it will work just fine for you. I got it mainly for the portability and now it's less than useful in that department.
272625328_1070607250403765_2618724244966055181_n.jpg

Storytime:
At the end of January, after having the Pocket for a little over a month, I removed the PORTABLE console from my pocket and dropped it on my hardwood floor (about 3 feet). The screen is COMPLETELY shattered. Emailed Analogue about a replacement "gorilla" (HAHA) glass screen. They said they would get back to me shortly. Sent a follow-up two weeks later and they told me to continue to wait. It's now been over a month and they aren't doing a damn thing about it. I even said I'd be happy to pay for a replacement screen and their services, and they still won't get back to me. I'm just over looking at the fucking thing.

I'm a 40 year old gamer who has always taken immaculate care of my collection. But over the years I've dropped plenty of portable consoles. They are handhelds, it fucking happens, and should be expected no matter who is using the damn thing regardless of age and built into the design of the product. Because the screen sits OUTSIDE of the casing, even if you have a "screen protector" it still will shatter. In all the years I've owned a smart phone, and the numerous times I've dropped them, I've never so much had a scratch on the screen. One tiny drop and the screen was toast. The durability on the rest of the units it fine.

This is just one year later from when my Analogue NT Mini bricked itself completely. They replaced the unit, but a few months later the NES cart ports stopped working entirely and only the Famicom port worked.

Anyway, let me know if you have any questions. I'll move the sale to Ebay or elsewhere if it doesn't move here in a week or so.

Last edited:

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I will take it, if you can wait until Monday.

Jon

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So this ended up in my possession. Thank you both! From Ohio to Pennsylvania, now on its way to Indiana to hopefully get fixed.

I updated the firmware for the dock and pocket, and was able to get the GBA working on the dock with no sound, but nothing else worked I tried Donkey Kong for Gameboy and it would freeze, we’ll see if they can get it repaired, they quoted me a price for the screen and shipping but we’ll see what else is involved, but I’m hoping it works out.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
So this ended up in my possession. Thank you both! From Ohio to Pennsylvania, now on its way to Indiana to hopefully get fixed.

I updated the firmware for the dock and pocket, and was able to get the GBA working on the dock with no sound, but nothing else worked I tried Donkey Kong for Gameboy and it would freeze, we’ll see if they can get it repaired, they quoted me a price for the screen and shipping but we’ll see what else is involved, but I’m hoping it works out.
Lol, I tried numerous times for a response from them to get this damn thing fixed and nadda. Nothing. Haha.

Well, glad it found its way to a good home. Hope you're able to get it all fixed up, man! ^_^ Just...don't ever, ever drop it. Like, not even on carpet. 😅

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
So I sent this back, paid repair fees and shipping, and got this in the mail today instead

057BAE7A-9293-4808-B3B7-B8B75B4C8C22.jpeg

Hi

We are very but it seems like our repair center has mistakenly shipped the wrong package to your address. We would greatly appreciate it if you could return the package to us as soon as you received it. We have attached a return shipping label for you to use.

Thank you and we sincerely apologize for the mix-up.

Best Regards,
Analogue Support
www.analogue.co

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Magical alchemy from Heck!

Will be a fucking miracle of the other guy sends your package back to them

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Magical alchemy from Heck!

Will be a fucking miracle of the other guy sends your package back to them
The whole thing has been a bit of a clown show. I’m going to send it back on Monday when I’m back at work and can give it to our receivers to give to UPS, I hope that other person would trade the pocket for their nt mini noir back.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Very indeed.

Are the controller ports all dusty on that thing?
They’re clear around the pins, I sent the pic to @gusmoney and he was curious about that too.

I have a Retro USB AVS, I’m happy with that, but I may see how they compare this weekend. To me this always seems like an overpriced version of that.

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Dude, the saga of my broken Pocket continues. Sorry to hear you're going through all that. The reason I threw it to Jon in the first place is that Analogue stopped responding to me and it was almost two months of silence and I was just over it.

I had that NT Mini when they came out - the thing bricked itself after 3 months. Analogue "fixed" it, but then the NES slot started not accepting most games (the Famicom slot worked fine, though) so I sold it as is and went back to my AVS. Love the AVS.

I love my Super NT and I've gotten fair use out of my Mega SG, but I'm done with Analogue for now and I've switched back to real hardware for the most part.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
To Yagamikun, I passed that deal you gave me on to Ralfakick. No cash was exchanged.

After getting the system home and playing it, I couldn't get any games to work, at all. I was able to get Asmik-kun Land 2 to load but, no sound and couldn't select anything. Everdrive X7 just had the red light on the cartridge stay on and never loaded the ED menu.

I am getting my own Pocket before the end of the year, hopefully. At this point, I am much happier with my IPS Gameboy and GBA SP over the Pocket. The IPS has issues too, as certain games, like Zas, look terrible. Anything with layered graphics. Analogue has a long way to go and a simple firmware update isn't going to beat modded original hardware and RGB on a PVM.

Just my two cents. Also, the cables Analogue recommends are basically unobtainable if you want to play on a PVM in RGB anyway.

Jon

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
To Yagamikun, I passed that deal you gave me on to Ralfakick. No cash was exchanged.

After getting the system home and playing it, I couldn't get any games to work, at all. I was able to get Asmik-kun Land 2 to load but, no sound and couldn't select anything. Everdrive X7 just had the red light on the cartridge stay on and never loaded the ED menu.

I am getting my own Pocket before the end of the year, hopefully. At this point, I am much happier with my IPS Gameboy and GBA SP over the Pocket. The IPS has issues too, as certain games, like Zas, look terrible. Anything with layered graphics. Analogue has a long way to go and a simple firmware update isn't going to beat modded original hardware and RGB on a PVM.

Just my two cents. Also, the cables Analogue recommends are basically unobtainable if you want to play on a PVM in RGB anyway.

Jon
Huh - guess the unit continued to degrade. Games worked fine when I tested it on the dock before I passed it on to you...but I only tested a couple GBA games (Metroid Fusion and Circle of the Moon) before I let it sit there, staring at me with its broken face. Sorry about that! Glad I didn't charge any cash for it - I would have felt awful! Crazy - I can't even imagine that nobody else on the planet has run into this issue. It's a portable console, it's bound to get dropped a time or two.

I'm quite happy with the IPS GB Pocket I got as well. Much better option for me anyway. Well, lesson learned for all. Thanks for the update!

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Huh - guess the unit continued to degrade. Games worked fine when I tested it on the dock before I passed it on to you...but I only tested a couple GBA games (Metroid Fusion and Circle of the Moon) before I let it sit there, staring at me with its broken face. Sorry about that! Glad I didn't charge any cash for it - I would have felt awful! Crazy - I can't even imagine that nobody else on the planet has run into this issue. It's a portable console, it's bound to get dropped a time or two.

I'm quite happy with the IPS GB Pocket I got as well. Much better option for me anyway. Well, lesson learned for all. Thanks for the update!
Well, the dock worked. Although, it hated my CRT. I have a Sony Wega XBR34970, which is gigantic, and weighs 300 lbs. Would not display an image. The dock did work on my LCD but, the Pocket wouldn't play anything, as described in my last post.

Didn't want to say anything to make you feel bad but, since I had an upcoming trip to PA, decided to give it to Ralfakick. At the very least, he would have a dock and could buy a Pocket, if he wanted.

Unfortunately, issues with the company have continued. :D

Jon