AliExpress handheld #2 in da house

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
Man this is literally a clone PS Vita that was recolored to make it look like a Switch. This is a sad buy even for M standards
Theres tons of these pieces of shit all over the place. They all adopt some design of a major portable console. The Switch color scheme is horrible even on the actual Switch so im not sure why the fuck they wanted to make an ugly ass vita. there's a handheld on aliexpress thats about the size of a credit card and will do what M is trying to do and it costs the same. If he just did a second of research he wouldn't have ended up with this piece of shit

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Now, if I could just figure out how to get MAME ROMs to work (other than the preinstalled ones), and change their dip switches, I'd be satisfied...

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
View attachment 56532

It has two different brandnames , Powkiddy and TrimUI , they use the same exact hardware tho im pretty sure.

@pixeljunkie has one

Yeah, I think if you just find PowKiddy on Ali it's hopefully in there somewhere. They're all garbage though. But handles neo geo decent enough to warrant a credit card sized Neo Turf Masters in your pocket I guess @StevenK

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Now, if I could just figure out how to get MAME ROMs to work (other than the preinstalled ones), and change their dip switches, I'd be satisfied...
Do you know what mame version the roms need to have? Mame is a pain in that aspect, maybe you are using an incorrect version.

I'm no mame expert but search around about that.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Maybe google can help with that, I believe you have ti change it like with the md roms. Can't remember what it was.

@M

20 Year Member
I don't think there's a way to tell what versions of what emulators are installed on it. The preinstalled stuff is "locked off" from user access. Maybe there's a hidden folder. The manual warns that messing with/removing the preinstalled games might cause the unit to stop functioning too.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I searched for it but didn't seeamy of the handhelds from AliExpress having a mame folder.

@M

20 Year Member
I believe that all of the arcade ROMs that came preinstalled on mine are CPS1, CPS2, and NeoGeo ones, so, I'm wondering if maybe there are just specific emulators for those installed on the unit rather than MAME? All the MAME ROMs that I downloaded and tried weren't NeoGeo/CPS1/CPS2, so...

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Can this piece of shit support the proper aspect ratio at least?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
I believe that all of the arcade ROMs that came preinstalled on mine are CPS1, CPS2, and NeoGeo ones, so, I'm wondering if maybe there are just specific emulators for those installed on the unit rather than MAME? All the MAME ROMs that I downloaded and tried weren't NeoGeo/CPS1/CPS2, so...
Fuck. You brain damaged fuck Download more Neo Geo or CPS2 roms and see if they fucking work

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Not going into details here but to play Neo Geo games on MAME you need the Neo Geo BIOS (neogeo.zip) & ze romz. Try downloading a MAME BIOS pack to play more games.

@M

20 Year Member
The system already has numerous Neo games on it (Magical Drop 2, Fatal Fury 2, Last Resort, Money Puzzle Exchanger, Cyber Lip, Robo Army, Sengoku 1 & 2, etc.) I added KOF '98 & Pulstar yesterday and neither of those would boot either. I haven't tried them all yet, but the preinstalled Neo ones I did try all worked except for Samurai Shodown 4. There's got to be a bios file already on there, or none of the Neo games would work at all.

I looked for hidden files on it with my laptop, but, didn't come up with anything. There's just one games folder, where all the preinstalled NES and GBA ROMs can be found, but none of the NeoGeo & CPS1/2 games. Maybe they're built right into the hardware?

I'll try downloading some bios files and putting those in the new folders I created for MAME and NeoGeo zipped ROMs.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Just check all folders. Make a backup first just in case.

@M

20 Year Member
Can this piece of shit support the proper aspect ratio at least?
Yes, you have your choice of full screen, scaled (screen height, but, black bars on the sides), or original (I tried SNES MK2 with that option and the play area was a little bigger than a postage stamp!🤣).

Okay, I downloaded the NeoGeo bios zip file and put that in a folder with KOF '98 & Pulstar and it still says invalid file when I try to boot those games.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
It already plays Neo, if they use MAME the BIOS files must be somewhere. Maybe directly included in the romz itself. You need the correct romz for the MAME version you don't know. I used it as example to tell you that you need BIOS files. Time to ask the seller for support. :3

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Maybe you are spending too much time and effort on a useless chinese plastic piece of crap emulation system?

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
M is probably one of the most petty examples of histrionic personality disorder that I have ever seen

sirlynxalot

Enemy Chaser
Fagit of the Year
Maybe it uses some kind of back level mame with speed hacks like what people run on underpowered raspberry pis. In that case, it might be looking for the roms that are part of that ancient mame romset rather than a more modern mame romset... Also, if you're not finding the directory that has the existing neogeo roms in it, odds are good your not putting stuff into the directory that mame (or whatever emulator) is configured to look for roms in.