Capcom Fighting Collection Coming June 2022

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Night Warriors is great and they are different games but i dont want a divided fighterbase.
This entire forum is a divided fighterbase.

I guess I'm not like you, trying to get on leaderboards or whatever. I haven't had the time nor the inclination to play anything competetively for over a decade. Playing Vampire Hunter with 2 or 3 friends I don't get to hang out with in person is plenty for me. I couldn't possibly care any less about a majority vote.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
This entire forum is a divided fighterbase.

I guess I'm not like you, trying to get on leaderboards or whatever. I haven't had the time nor the inclination to play anything competetively for over a decade. Playing Vampire Hunter with 2 or 3 friends I don't get to hang out with in person is plenty for me. I couldn't possibly care any less about a majority vote.
Leaderboards are fun but the enjoyment of playing various people online is what makes these games great. I want to play people and not just wait in the lobby waiting for somebody to play. Dont be selfish, you can setup your buddies on Fightcade to play Vampire Hunter.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Leaderboards are fun but the enjoyment of playing various people online is what makes these games great. I want to play people and not just wait in the lobby waiting for somebody to play. Dont be selfish, you can setup your buddies on Fightcade to play Vampire Hunter.
Oh, I'm being selfish. You've already said you're completely sure Savior is the only one people are going to play, so stfu and move on. They've decided, they've announced, so it's happening. Your complaining is pointless. It's not like if I say, "Oh, okay, I'll agree with you," that Capcom will change their plans.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
This game will have zero people playing it online within a month (except for maybe Puzzle Fighter). Splitting up the already small potential online community between 10 different games (especially games that not a lot of people are interested in in the first place) is a recipe for a barren wasteland.

Also, CFJ/E is Mugen-level garbage that fails at every aspect of making a compelling fighting game and Alpha 3 Upper is the shitty version of Alpha 3.
Correct.

Only thing that interests me is Red Earth, but at the same time- how many times are we going to keep buying the same games? It seems like we barely get anything new and its mostly rehashes of the same shit.

Except for the M2 toaplan ports, anything I have in pcb or port on another console? No more buying re-releases, the cycle needs to stop at some point.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Is this a stand alone pack or updates for the Capcom Arcade Stadium? Either way, not a collection of interest to me.

Capcom needs to dig its wallet out so we can have Cadillacs vs Dinosaurs, The Punisher and AvP.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Is this a stand alone pack or updates for the Capcom Arcade Stadium? Either way, not a collection of interest to me.

Capcom needs to dig its wallet out so we can have Cadillacs vs Dinosaurs, The Punisher and AvP.
I don’t understand that Arcade 1 up can do it but the excuses for these companies is that it costs too much money. Again I don’t know the details of contracts and the like but still Arcade 1 up wouldn’t be licensing if they couldn’t milk it for what it’s worth and profit.

AVP came out on that Capcom arcade stick years ago, certainly the current systems have a larger consumer base for something like AVP.

I’m sure arcade 1 up makes a tidy profit on these cabs though, vs a $9.99 download.

Last edited:

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Ehhhh...
Red Earth port is cool, about time really.
All the vampire games in one spot is good... I guess.
This seems more like a hipster capcom fighters starter pack than a collection IMO.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
This seems more like a hipster capcom fighters starter pack than a collection IMO.

Not without Rival Schools. Nothing screams "hipster who doesn't actually play fighting games" like begging for Rival Schools constantly.

</hot take>

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
I don’t know how this thread got caught up in it but there are no redeeming qualities to Capcom fighting Jam. None whatsoever. It’s more of a curiosity than anything else. Horrible fucking game.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
I don’t know how this thread got caught up in it but there are no redeeming qualities to Capcom fighting Jam. None whatsoever. It’s more of a curiosity than anything else. Horrible fucking game.
No matter how bad it is, i still want to play people. Dont be selfish like STK

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
No matter how bad it is, i still want to play people. Dont be selfish like STK

I’m just trying to warn people. But if you wanna be like Lot’s wife and turn into a pillar of salt, that’s your own biz, man

yagamikun

Art of Typing Wiz
20 Year Member
Hummm, just some thoughts.

The competitive communities for games like Third Strike and the Alpha series didn't migrate over to the SF 30th Anniversary Edition when it came out a couple years ago, they remained on Fightcade, and I suspect the same of the DS community. Not gonna lie, though, glad Hunter 2 is finally getting some recognition. Unpopular opinion, but it's my personal favorite. :)

That said, for a more casual experience, I suspect most folks buying this will stick with arcade modes. This emulation package may be a good jumping on point for some folks and you may be able to find some online fights against opponents who haven't been playing said game for 30+ years to balance out the experience. I just wouldn't count on there being much online activity outside of the Switch release (which may have longer legs) for very long.

Last edited:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Hummm, just some thoughts.

The competitive communities for games like Third Strike and the Alpha series didn't migrate over to the SF 30th Anniversary Edition when it came out a couple years ago, they remained on Fightcade, and I suspect the same of the DS community. Not gonna lie, though, glad Hunter 2 is finally getting some recognition. Unpopular opinion, but it's my personal favorite. :)

That said, for a more casual experience, I suspect most folks buying this will stick with arcade modes. This emulation package may be a good jumping on point for some folks and you may be able to find some online fights against opponents who haven't been playing said game for 30+ years to balance out the experience. I just wouldn't count on there being much online activity outside of the Switch release (which may have longer legs) for very long.

I’m buying it so I can have VS matches with people I never see anymore. I don’t really care if it has a scene.