Metal Slug is (maybe) being ported to Mega Drive

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
No one makes is a hack for sensible soccer to add more teams and real tournaments from 2021.

There are a number of Neo sports games that could be hacked relatively easily (if you could hack Neo games) and would potentially result in a great game. Baseball Stars 3, Super Baseball 2021…

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
No one makes is a hack for sensible soccer to add more teams and real tournaments from 2021.
The king of all soccer games, International Superstar Soccer (and Deluxe) by Konami receives TOO many of them yearly, maybe choose non eurojank next time. :lolz:

geladobom

War Room Troll
to be honest the konami series will never match this level of artistic output

Konami can suck my balls, they don´t know how to create a legit soccer game or even a powerfull editor in our demands.
Instead giving us a remove licenced complete team, we are forced to have the same kits after one year.
Did you play the sega genesis version?
The pc gameplay is not good and hard to play with it.
The Sega Genesis you can keep the controller sticked over your hands without losing taste.
The editor have no limitations. That's why i ask for a hack to add the double of the teams in the menu on all mods.
If was possible to hack Mortal Kombat with 128 charathers it is possible to add more teams on it.

Here's the editor.

Last edited:

KGRAMR

Another Striker
When did this thread devolved into which soccer game series from the 90s had the largest d*ick? XD But for real, has anybody played Konami Hyper Soccer on NES? Pretty good soccer game for NES standards.

Either way, i'm looking foward to more progress on MD Metal Slug :)

Hairlesswookiee

just another sazae fake account
I'm going to be honest...I'm interested in getting a copy of this to play. I love the series and would to see it on another console (even if it's inferior to the original release).

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I'm going to be honest...I'm interested in getting a copy of this to play. I love the series and would to see it on another console (even if it's inferior to the original release).
I found a certain charm in the PlayStation 1 versions of Metal Slug and Metal Slug X that I used to own.

They were bad ports - load times, cut frames, no blood on Slug 1 (from memory) but what did you expect on a machine that wasn’t great at 2d and had very little ram compared to the Neo Geo CD or even the Sega Saturn.

Where the games still fun to play despite the limitations? Hell yeah!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Discovering that Metal Slug X existed on PS1 completely blew my mind back then.
I know it wasn't MS2 (2>X), but hey... metal slug on PS1!
I played the hell out of the game.
KOF'99 and MSX were laser burner titles in my psx until I learned of NeorageX.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Konami can suck my balls, they don´t know how to create a legit soccer game or even a powerfull editor in our demands.
Instead giving us a remove licenced complete team, we are forced to have the same kits after one year.
Did you play the sega genesis version?
The pc gameplay is not good and hard to play with it.
The Sega Genesis you can keep the controller sticked over your hands without losing taste.
The editor have no limitations. That's why i ask for a hack to add the double of the teams in the menu on all mods.
If was possible to hack Mortal Kombat with 128 charathers it is possible to add more teams on it.

Here's the editor.
The only version to care about is the Amiga one. I did beat recently the MD version (Cup Winners Cup), but only because I don't have any Amiga laying around.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
KOF'99 and MSX were laser burner titles in my psx until I learned of NeorageX.
Oh right I had KoF98 as well on the PS1! I don't remember playing it much for some reason, but I still definitely have it somewhere.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Oh right I had KoF98 as well on the PS1! I don't remember playing it much for some reason, but I still definitely have it somewhere.
Unlike MSX, which was a pretty good port, KOF 98 on PS is fucking horrible. The RAM limitations were just too much for a game that amazing.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
to be honest the konami series will never match this level of artistic output

I’ve now watched this video six times and sent to link to two others.

So after they revealed in this video that Sensible Soccer 2000 would in fact not be released because they spent most of the budget on lager, fines, and Eurail tickets, what was the fan reaction?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I was always after the later titles from the local pirated game market, probably why I missed 98. I remember a kid back then whod have me on about a '00 or '01 psx port but of course it never came to fruition. Ignorance was a beautiful thing back then.

sirlynxalot

Genjuro's Frog
Fagit of the Year
Don't look now but KOF 98 is maybe being ported to genesis (this is a different effort from the old bootleg game for genesis with street fighter characters that was also called KOF 98)

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
I do a lot of stupid pointless shit in my free time too so I guess I can’t say anything…but I do not get this. These people, at least in some cases, have real skills that could be put to better use, IMHO. The Genesis kinda sucks, has shitty color, etc, but I guess it must be easy to program for or something. If you can port something using nothing but sprite rips you can make a NEW GAME.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I do a lot of stupid pointless shit in my free time too so I guess I can’t say anything…but I do not get this. These people, at least in some cases, have real skills that could be put to better use, IMHO. The Genesis kinda sucks, has shitty color, etc, but I guess it must be easy to program for or something. If you can port something using nothing but sprite rips you can make a NEW GAME.
Alright BJZ time to take your zoloft.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Those port tech demos that are a shadow of a more ambitious idea but never go anywhere for obvious reasons make much more sense once you spot the Patreon/donation url. This is actually a pretty smart thing to do so I don't blame them, wow the normies with easy demos so you can have budget to develop stuff that you actually care about.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
The reason for all of those new games/ports for the Mega Drive is the new SDK which has made programming for the MD much easier, it is called SGDK.

Here's a nice recap of what's been done with it in 2021 (and earlier) and some stuff is mighty impressive:

I almost posted that same vid here yesterday.
excited for sf alpha and super excited for the resident evil demake! It looks fucking cool!!!!