Rittenhouse Trial

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I know the judge has been acting like he's his daddy but with all these charges against him I can't imagine he won't be doing at least 4-8/2-3 with good behavior.
They're gotta convict him on at least a few of them.

I liked that article after a quick skim. To me it's totally about vigilantism. I cant help but think if he gets off its the same as if the government issued open season human hunting licenses to all the nutjobs out there. I sincerely believe there's tons of sickos out there that jack themselves off to sleep every night fantasizing about being able to legally murder fellow citizens. Some like crap.

Just a reminder of what was happening last year.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Based on the witness testimony we saw earlier in the week from the prosecutions own witnesses I think he is going to be acquitted of murder.

In each case it appeared the witness said the other individual pointed their weapons or threatened to kill Rittenhouse first.

Kid’s a fucktard and any gun rights supporter is a fucktard for backing him. Rittenhouse is a detriment to advocates of self defense and gun rights in general.

Im not sure what other charges are being brought against him other than murder.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Acquitted on everything except underage firearm possession. In a case where he has been charged as an adult.

lol

Disagree completely with duf, dude probably wishes he stayed at home just because he ended up killing two people but availed himself well given the circumstances and the fact that the state has no charges against Grosskreutz for firearm possession by a felon just shows this is political theater set in a courtroom.

Expect Kenosha to burn again.

Rinse, repeat.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I will not speculate as to whether or not Rittenhouse went to Kenosha looking for a fight or had delusions of vigilantism as the media and others are want to do.

That said, bringing a gun to the protests or whatever, was a bad idea. He should have stayed home. I think that’s why he is a fucktard. It’s not a matter of whether that was illegal or not but more so was it a good idea? The answer is no, it was not.

Maybe that’s just me.

Oh well, lot of people fucked around that night and found out…and it actually seems like Rittenhouse legally defended himself.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Maybe I’m selfish (I am.)

But I’m not traveling across the county line, let alone state lines, to defend someone else’s property that I’m only acquainted with during a riot.

He should’ve made like a Korean and got on a rooftop. That’s standard operating procedure for riot defense since ‘92.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
No business being there
He wasn't asked to be there, it wasn't his job like he said.
He's not a medic, he was a 17 year old.

When people do crap like that to me it's like their making fun of the police, they can't do the job so I'm going to.

Fuckin sad all the people freak out over burning dumpsters, broken widows and looting but totally ignore all those deaths I listed above.

lithy

20 Year Member
But I’m not traveling across the county line, let alone state lines, to defend someone else’s property that I’m only acquainted with during a riot.

The state line thing is something of a misdirection. Where he lives in Illinois is the Kenosha suburbs.

No business being there
He wasn't asked to be there, it wasn't his job like he said.
He's not a medic, he was a 17 year old.

When people do crap like that to me it's like their making fun of the police, they can't do the job so I'm going to.

Fuckin sad all the people freak out over burning dumpsters, broken widows and looting but totally ignore all those deaths I listed above.

Who are you to say who has business being there? By your logic, there would have been no one to shoot because who did have business being at that riot?

Holding a gun is not de facto evidence of intent to use it, but people like you that would prefer to disarm this country would certain like to attach one to the other.

Property is tantamount to someone's life. I'd hope you never experience a mob burning your house down or have your life savings emptied out.

Absolutely none of the three that were shot by Rittenhouse were anything close to saints. No one deserves death, but sometimes...

people fucked around that night and found out…

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
If I owned my own business and it was literally my livelihood I might defend it with arms.

I don’t though so it’s all speculative.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
The state line thing is something of a misdirection. Where he lives in Illinois is the Kenosha suburbs.

What I mean is: I wouldn’t drive 10 minutes down the road to defend someone’s property I didn’t know against the possibility of mob action.

Rittenhouse’s situation is just a tragedy. The real politik of it is that the incident is not good optics to persuade those on the fence about gun rights in America.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Acquitted on everything except underage firearm possession. In a case where he has been charged as an adult.

lol

Disagree completely with duf, dude probably wishes he stayed at home just because he ended up killing two people but availed himself well given the circumstances and the fact that the state has no charges against Grosskreutz for firearm possession by a felon just shows this is political theater set in a courtroom.

Expect Kenosha to burn again.

Rinse, repeat.
I agree he will probably be acquitted. But not because he should be. It's procedural. Procedural bc jurors cannot consider evidence disallowed by the judge, and the only way this was getting to a murder charge was with a directed verdict. Prosecution should have just called out the judge on this and walked out. Would have been funnier.

Some people are saying there shouldn't be a trial in the first place, but two people are dead, and another crippled. You cannot simply forego a trial where someone is killed.

The facts that we initially understood, without bias attached, and without attacking anything Kyle did leading to the shootings:
Victim 1 threatened Kyle, Kyle shot at him in fear of his safety

Victim 2 saw Kyle shoot victim 1, hit Kyle with his skateboard, tried to grab Kyle's gun, got shot.

Victim 3 tried to help victim 2, was holding a gun, got shot in the arm. Will be crippled for life.

Political allegiance has deterred what legal rules are going to apply, which is fucked up. Should be clear cut.

When does self defense not apply: when you have a chance at escape, you should. Kyle's testimony was that he felt he couldn't escape. I don't think this is going to be a reasonable person standard. They will just say he perceived his situation as inescapable. Even though he didn't try.

From there you have the skateboarder. That guy hit Kyle, who was already hot from the first kill. I would say this is likely 2nd degree. He didn't intend to kill this guy, but he showed up armed with the intent to use that gun. Manslaughter would be he didn't intend to kill that guy, and wasn't traveling there with the idea he would kill, but someone did get killed. It's weird that the judge will probably lower this to manslaughter.

Third guy held up a gun, didn't point at Kyle, said he was trying to provide aid to victim 2, got shot. This is bad for Kyle. But I don't think the judge cares about that guy. Rittenhouse should be liable for all his future lost wages, unless Kyle can pray him a new bicep. He's disabled. Anyone who says "well the government will give no-ceps disability isn't a true libertarian and can preemptively stfu.

That's my view of the case. It' a interesting to see how invested people are in it. I already dismissed it as a done deal when the judge had a meltdown over the prosecution bringing up Kyle beating up a girl 2 weeks before the Kenosha protests.

Just hoping that no one gives a shit when Kyle walks after this. It was white on white crime so should be fine. No one else will get hurt. Arbury will be worse.

Last edited:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Was Rittenhouse struck on the head with the skateboard? Just curious.

I maintain striking someone on the head is a use of deadly force.

Really though, I’m not personally invested in the trial. I just don’t want the more retarded elements of the gun rights community to hold up Rittenhouse as a paragon of righteous gun use.

So I guess maybe that’s my investment. Rittenhouse does not represent, to me, a means to see the anti-gun legislation we have in this country rolled back.

But I suppose with the way the Supreme Court is now it doesn’t matter. NY and CA’s schemes are going to get rolled back soon enough.

:emb:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member

I maintain striking someone on the head is a use of deadly force.

Really though, I’m not personally invested in the trial. I just don’t want the more retarded elements of the gun rights community to hold up Rittenhouse as a paragon of righteous gun use.

So I guess maybe that’s my investment. Rittenhouse does not represent, to me, a means to see the anti-gun legislation we have in this country rolled back.

But I suppose with the way the Supreme Court is now it doesn’t matter. NY and CA’s schemes are going to get rolled back soon enough.

:emb:

Hitting someone in the head with an object is usually going to be enough for fear off lethal force.

Rittenhouse won't be charged with murder there.

Last edited:

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
It's in his best interest if he goes to prison.
His life is ruined already at 18.

Look at Zimmerman, what a trainwreck -sounds like a shit quality of life to me.
Don't think he's had any sort of job since,, think he's gone to jail or court a few times for beating his wives or girlfriends.
Tried to auction his pistol.
Gets chased around and shot at by people that are upset he got off.

Maybe he goes to prison a couple years, get his PIMP hand certification and a couple classes towards his associates he can have a PR team spin off some sort of positive story on Inside Edition TMZ whatever in a couple years after he gets out.

lithy

20 Year Member

Yes twice I believe.

Excited for the next SCOTUS decision for sure.

It's in his best interest if he goes to prison.
His life is ruined already at 18.

Look at Zimmerman, what a trainwreck -sounds like a shit quality of life to me.
Don't think he's had any sort of job since,, think he's gone to jail or court a few times for beating his wives or girlfriends.
Tried to auction his pistol.
Gets chased around and shot at by people that are upset he got off.

Maybe he goes to prison a couple years, get his PIMP hand certification and a couple classes towards his associates he can have a PR team spin off some sort of positive story on Inside Edition TMZ whatever in a couple years after he gets out.

Mercy prison.

How generous.

Just put a bullet in his head and put him out of his misery.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member

Who are you to say who has business being there? By your logic, there would have been no one to shoot because who did have business being at that riot?

Holding a gun is not de facto evidence of intent to use it, but people like you that would prefer to disarm this country would certain like to attach one to the other.

Property is tantamount to someone's life. I'd hope you never experience a mob burning your house down or have your life savings emptied out.

Absolutely none of the three that were shot by Rittenhouse were anything close to saints. No one deserves death, but sometimes...
I want to run around take peoples guns?
Where did you ever get that from?
Sounds you don't know me and are making assumptions.
Maybe you shouldn't do that to strangers or especially people you know in real life.

You see this is what I was talking about when I was roasting Neoliberalism the other day.
Trying to equate property with life. I say 50+ people lives lost over political violence and you take about property.

One small difference is that once a life gone it's gone.
You can get new property start another business.
Dead is dead

Really it's not about that it's about supremacy, ruling over others and dictating what they can and can't do.

I don't like the name blacks lives matters.
They shouldn't be protesting ( You like the constitution? )
They are not wearing masks they could be spreading the virus ( Drama they don't care about that crap. )
It's rioting now ( A lot of the problems are incited by Bugaloo boys and 3% types )

That's what it really came down to, they don't want them protesting for equality.
They are mad Jake E Lee's statue came down.
They don't want real history taught in schools.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Take away the guns, death sentence for anyone in possession, same for drugs. Life in America would be better.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Your first sentence is very confusing.

Take away the drugs and death sentence for those in possession who don’t give up their drugs?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Ban guns and drugs in America, many problems are solved. Death sentence for anyone with guns and drugs, more problems solved.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Mercy prison.

How generous.

Just put a bullet in his head and put him out of his misery.

Here's another problem with this type of thinking.

Punish Punish Punish
Jail / Prison is just some torture chamber factory that pumps people in and out.

There's a lot of penal systems in the world that are much nicer than where I live.
Guess what they have a near 0% recidivism rate.

Be proud we have the #1 prison infrastructure in the world (Not a particularly new thing either)
We love jailing people for any and all reasons.

Another part of the jail system is making sure people don't come back. ( Killing them is cheating )
US FAIL

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
On the topic of firearms I really need California's Handgun Roster to go away.
Yes twice I believe.

Excited for the next SCOTUS decision for sure.

I'm hoping some of the currently stayed decisions in CA make it to the Supreme Court soon: Assault Weapons Ban, Magazine Size Ban, Ammunition Background Check/Online Sales Ban.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Ban guns and drugs in America, many problems are solved. Death sentence for anyone with guns and drugs, more problems solved.

Time to move to Singapore! Booze, Hookers, and Religion. They've got all a man needs.

No need to complain about the state when it's perfect, plus...they don't execute mentally retarded people (finally!)

I bet the speak English too.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
But I’m not traveling across the county line, let alone state lines, to defend someone else’s property
Anyone who prioritizes protecting someone's property over protecting people's lives is a piece of shit anyway. Or a child.

You don't want to speculate, but I will. I don't think he went there looking to shoot anyone. I think he went to feel like a dress up hero. I knew a guy in high school with exactly that mentality. Shit, there's a member here we all know and like who had basically that mentality even as an adult. It's all funny and almost oddly endearing until the day they can no longer resist acting out their fantasies of being an action hero.

I think he thought he was going to be sitting on a roof with a business owner's family, drinking hot cocoa and maybe having to fire a couple warning shots to keep the savages at bay. Maybe the busines owner's daughter would be grateful! I think he figured in the worst case scenario, just having the gun would be enough of a deterrent to keep him safe. No one imagines finding themselves in a gun vs. skateboard battle. But it turns out that's an actual thing that happens.

As to the shooting itself, even from the earliest videos that surfaced, it was clear he was defending himself at the moments he fired. And he held himself back at the last split-second from firing at one person when they kind of half backed off and he decided he didn't absolutely need to shoot. But what the fuck does that matter? Since when can you claim self defense when you are the one who instigated the confrontation? I don't think you can claim self defense even if you're the one who just walked up on someon in a bar, never mind across state lines. I don't understand how it's not at least manslaughter.

More than anything else, the people I would have loved to see tried and sent to prison are his parents for raising such a delusional feeb, and the cops who not only encouraged and tacitly supported him, but just allowed him to walk back across the perimeter and go home on his own after the shootings. Didn't stop him, didn't take his gun, nothing. Even knowing how fucked up our country is, that was mind-boggling to me.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Time to move to Singapore! Booze, Hookers, and Religion. They've got all a man needs.

No need to complain about the state when it's perfect, plus...they don't execute mentally retarded people (finally!)

I bet the speak English too.
After that, executions for rumormongers who spread demonstrably false information. In the meantime build housing at cheap price so everyone will have a place to live. This way they will submit to my rules. My utopia. No more problems.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
After that, executions for rumormongers who spread demonstrably false information. In the meantime build housing at cheap price so everyone will have a place to live. This way they will submit to my rules. My utopia. No more problems.

Bro, Singapore already has like 75% home ownership rate.

It’s the dream, fam.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
It's gonna be fuckin lit when America has another revolution. Thank God I won't live to see it. The Second Great Experiment.