### Post your PIC - Official Thread ###

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Because I'm able to tolerate things others cannot and will not. When I had my melanoma excised, for the second time, the plastic surgeon prescribed me narcotics for the pain, but, I didn't fill it or take anything, not even OTC painkillers. The first night was rough, once the topical anaesthetic wore off, but, I wasn't in agony either. The stitched-up, 4-inch excision wound hurt, but, not so badly that I couldn't bear it.
I dunno man, that doesn't seem very scientific. I had an umbilical hernia operation where they cut me open and stitched me back up again, when I woke up they asked me if needed morphine, I was fine, didn't feel much at all really, didn't take anything for it.

Another time I had a tonsil abscess called a quinsy that made me have to grip onto something everytime I had to swallow even my own spit and I'll openly say after a couple of days of it I wanted to die.

I'm not trying to be a dick, it's just I don't think it's as simple as people make out, and you just don't seem to find many people at all who think they have a low pain threshold.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Pain is a subjective thing, yes. Before my current chemotherapy routine, I used to give myself thrice-weekly injections in my stomach, thighs, upper arms & ass cheeks. Those hurt too, but, again, not unbearably so, and I didn't need anything to alleviate the pain, whereas other people with my condition, on the same prescription, constantly complain about the injections and/or can't handle it at all and quit. I only switched because the medication wasn't working on me, if it had, I'd still be shooting up with it.

I also have a substantial amount of CNS damage, it's possible my pain sensitivity is compromised from it.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Untitled 2.jpg

This picture was taken nearly 25 years ago, the day that I was crowned homecoming king.

I peaked way too early guys :crying:

Last edited: