What anime are you watching?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Am I the only one who noticed?

There was some ooze in Nausicaa, just the god warrior really, a lot more oozy things in the manga, but not a lot of ooze in early Ghibli. Once Mononoke hit, it was a Ghibli staple. There is so much ooze in Spirited Away that the Oscar they gave it should have been a golden plunger. Howl has the ooze. Maybe other movies…

Ponyo sort of has the ooze but it’s water so it’s not as revolting.
Isn't this just a throwback to Ghostbuster's 2?

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Why don't you reference jacking off? I mean, that's gotta be what the anime ooze is trying to symbolize - the evil of masturbation.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Personally I am a big, big fan of the little girl taking out the plug from the river spirit's monstrous form and then seeing all the shit get out. Then again, I also watch popping videos from time to time.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
The Girl who Leapt Through Time

Probably one of my favourite movies of all time. The first Mamoru Hosada Trilogy are some of the only anime that compete with Ghibli imo. The Boy and the Beast was also great but I thought Mirai sucked balls. I hope his new movie Belle redeems his name.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Watching through Samurai Champloo and just finished Episode seven. This episode always brings a tear to my eye. All that guy wanted to do was to make enough money to cure his mother's illness but lost it all trying.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Rightstuf/Nozomi is having a kickstarter to get the dirty pair series bluray dubbed into english.
[video]
I may have to back this if i can.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Watching Demon Slayer with the wife.

Technically brilliant, banger of an OP, good as shonen goes and not afraid to lean into the violence inherent in its premise.

A bit overrated but far and away one of the best to be produced in the last 5 years.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Watching Demon Slayer with the wife.

Technically brilliant, banger of an OP, good as shonen goes and not afraid to lean into the violence inherent in its premise.

A bit overrated but far and away one of the best to be produced in the last 5 years.
I watched,demon slayers a while ago on netflik this series has allot of hype but i was fine with it's prestation.I see it as you're typical shonen but it works beside it's over the top violence.I'll probably check the movie asap.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Been watching Ikki Tousen. Its awful, but I mainly downloaded it to check out bouncing bewbs. I honestly have been bored to tears, but somehow the wife has gotten into it lol.

I just recently downloaded Project A-Ko, I remember watching the first OVA when I was a teen but cant remember much of it so I'm gonna check it out again. I think there's only 3 eps. I also got Dangaio, another that I only ever saw the first episode of. My local Blockbuster had a decent anime section, but I think the only thing that was complete they had was the original Bubble Gum Crisis. So up until the last few years, I'd never seen more than the first episodes of stuff like Patlabor, Dangaio, Gunbuster, etc.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Been watching Ikki Tousen. Its awful, but I mainly downloaded it to check out bouncing bewbs. I honestly have been bored to tears, but somehow the wife has gotten into it lol.

I just recently downloaded Project A-Ko, I remember watching the first OVA when I was a teen but cant remember much of it so I'm gonna check it out again. I think there's only 3 eps. I also got Dangaio, another that I only ever saw the first episode of. My local Blockbuster had a decent anime section, but I think the only thing that was complete they had was the original Bubble Gum Crisis. So up until the last few years, I'd never seen more than the first episodes of stuff like Patlabor, Dangaio, Gunbuster, etc.
Stuff my Blockbuster had 20+ years ago:

Golgo 13: The Professional
M.D. Geist
Lily C.A.T.
Ninja Scroll
Ninja Resurrection
Baoh
Crying Freeman
Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals

Good times. Man. I was not ready for Ninja Scroll. Neither was my dad when he walked in right as the rock dude started sucking on the ninja girl's titties.

Last edited:

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I watched,demon slayers a while ago on netflik this series has allot of hype but i was fine with it's prestation.I see it as you're typical shonen but it works beside it's over the top violence.I'll probably check the movie asap.
We have the movie as well and are looking forward to it.

Yeah I'm pretty much same boat as you with it.

I just keep seeing stuff like this, Attack on Titan and Vinland Saga and I'm like 'would it have been so hard to give Berserk this treatment?'

RE: Ikki Tousen

I used to be like 'am I lame for liking the lewd aspects of shows like this?'

These days I'm just embracing whatever gets my attention, and that includes anime tits.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
Wife and I tried giving Dr. Stone a shot, but the plot just takes forever to get moving. It doesn't help that every single thing that happens needs to be scientifically explained, bringing what little momentum there is to a halt.

We both really enjoyed the Rising of Shield Hero. Haven't checked Crunchy Roll lately to see if they've added more dubbed eps.

Best anime we've ever seen by a country mile is FMA: Brotherhood. Most anime series we've seen fall apart the closer they get to the ending, but Brotherhood gets a perfect 10. The last episode was beautiful.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Brotherhood is great and it sticks the landing because it stuck to the blueprint.

Hiromu Arakawa is a gifted storyteller.

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Best anime we've ever seen by a country mile is FMA: Brotherhood. Most anime series we've seen fall apart the closer they get to the ending, but Brotherhood gets a perfect 10. The last episode was beautiful.

I've never see whatever this is because the main series bored me to teers. I'm glad you liked it though, I encourage you to watch more anime, shorter things, non-TV things, non Jump/shonen things.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Watched A Slient Voice over the weekend.

Good slice of life but the climax is some Hollywood bullshit. Still worth a watch.

Mind you, if the whole thing would have had a similar tone I'd have been fine with it. But most of the story was fairly grounded in a more realistic narrative and then the key moment that the entire film has been building to just takes me out of it entirely.

I can't even tell you what happened after the incredulity of that moment. But the conclusion is tidy enough and sends you off feeling okay.

Mr. Karate II

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Good times. Man. I was not ready for Ninja Scroll. Neither was my dad when he walked in right as the rock dude started sucking on the ninja girl's titties.
I bought the blu-ray last month: it was about to sell out and I just couldn't miss this "proto 'Samurai Spirits'".

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Just throwing this out there for anyone if you didn't back animeigo,kickstarter for the collectors edition of megazone 23.The regular edition comes out in may for retail.