Cowboy Bebop Netflix

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member

What's the old saying? Something about better to remain silent and risk being thought an idiot rather than speak and remove all doubt?

Because they just removed all doubt. That is fucking embarrassing.

How hard would it have been to just copy Firefly? That looks like some Frank Miller The Spirit level garbage.

Edit: Yes the editing/split screen stuff is impressive from a technical level and I have no real problem with the casting but that in no way feels like Bebop. It feels and looks like fan made trash. Hyperactive, garish, cringe, concentrated weeb tit milk.

Last edited:

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
Eh I'll check it out since all I ask it do to is entertain me which that clip did, hell that two minute or whatever was for more entertaining than the last couple of live action adaptions I saw.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
So are the creators of this adaptation shitting their pants? Or do they think this stuff looks good?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member

What's the old saying? Something about better to remain silent and risk being thought an idiot rather than speak and remove all doubt?

How hard would it have been to just copy Firefly? That looks like some Frank Miller The Spirit level garbage.

Edit: Yes the editing/split screen stuff is impressive from a technical level and I have no real problem with the casting but that in no way feels like Bebop. It feels and looks like fan made trash. Hyperactive, garish, cringe, concentrated weeb tit milk.
I'm not going to even bother watching the video.

So are the creators of this adaptation shitting their pants? Or do they think this stuff looks good?
They're cashing the checks. I doubt it goes beyond that.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
Meh, the post in this thread and that trailer have me worried.
I was excited after watching the opening credits. Thanks for peeing on my parade.
It airs in a few days so we'll see.

Anyways the anime was perfection, I doubt they'll they'll top it.
Now I'm just hoping it isn't too cringe.

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
They're cashing the checks. I doubt it goes beyond that.

I feel like it's a good idea to make something halfway decent to increase the likelihood that you can cash another check in the future.

Xavier

Orochi's Acolyte
20 Year Member
I'm done with Hollywood/Netflix creative bankrupcy where old IPs are remade with a live action coat of paint, as if that somehow makes it better/serious/adult. None of the original people are involved beyond the composer, and the trailer suggests it's going to rehash episodes and scenes shot-for-shot while doing it worse, so why should I care?
The Japanese dub of the live action adaptation reunites the voice actors of the anime original with their original roles; notable examples includes Kôichi Yamadera (Spike Spiegel), Megumi Hayashibara (Faye Valentine), Norio Wakamoto (Vicious) and Gara Takashima (Julia). The exception is Jet Black, played by Taiten Kusunoki; he replaces Unshô Ishizuka, who passed away on 2018. Other replacements are Masako Isobe, who will be taking over for Kazuaki Ito as Spike's former mentor Mao, and Romi Park, who is replacing Nobuyuki Hiyama as one of Vicious' twin enforcers Shin.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

Honestly I wasn’t as horrified as I thought I would be.

It’s not Cowboy Bebop. Reminded me of some weird take on a 70s action flick crossed with a comic book. It might be worth watching if it wasn’t Cowboy Bevop.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Looks exhausting to watch.
Yeah just that little teaser was exhausting, I can't imagine an entire series in that style. It's aggressively spastic, which is something I absolutely hate in anime and seeing it in real life like that is just awkward as fuck. It reeks of modern hyper active, loud, clueless anime fandom run amok.

Now don't get me wrong here, I'm not like fami is with Dune. I could care less how well it does, it won't effect the original and if it fails maybe the west will start to get the idea that they should just leave stuff like this alone. The flip side of that is if this is as shitty as it looks and does well then the flood gates could open for more horribly misguided adaptations. That is my fear.

Last edited:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
lol
have you seen Netflix' version of Death Note? Now that's one show where they really didn't try.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
90% of guys I know that listen to jazz are middle aged white guys with fancy stereos.
Only 90%????

I guess 1 in 10 have an Onkyo or a Dennon? Maybe even a Pioneer?

Anyways, Kenny G is the best selling Jazz Musician of all time.
Willie Nelson has had 3 albums go to #1 on the Billboard Jazz Chart (12 fewer than reached #1 on the Country chart, but two more than reached #1 on the Reggae chart).

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Anyways, I used to watch Cowboy Bebop occasionally. It was the only Japanimation that I didn't feel the need to turn off after 5 minutes.

I can't remember much of the show.

The trailer actually looks interesting.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Media Play used to actually have a Japanimation section back in like 1997. It was ridiculous even back before anyone knew any better.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I don't stress the first syllable when I say it.
And that's how you justify your casual racism, huh? I wonder what other problematic words you say and then defend by moving the accent. Maybe i'd be more likely to buy your excuse if you hadn't capitalized the J.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I can't remember the first time I heard someone use the word "Anime" instead of Japan-imation.
It was probably a demented otaku with smelly feet