Official A/V Thread

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Replaced my Shure M97xE TT cartridge with a Sumiko Rainer a few months ago, pretty solid.

I don't regret replacing my Music Hall Ikura with a 1200SLMK7. It's not a pretty but it's so much more convenient plus it's so sturdy I don't have to worry about it getting out of calibration or breaking.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I still have the pair of mk2's I bought in the summer of 1997.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I have AKG 240 open back studio headphones and a benchmark DAC-1

for records two technics m5g shure m44 needles and a rane ttm56s

for recording focusrite 2i2

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
It's been a month for upgrades, got a ton of old kit to sell now.

Used tannoys - 4.5k
Used moving coil cartridge - 1.5
Tonearm - 2.2
Ho boy

Aegirs certainly are interesting. Dont know if they were worth the money to me. Really shine on vintage thin revealing sounding speakers so far, pretty grating highs on modern punchy speakers, but only on spotify, vinyl and cd’s sound much better. Never had a piece of gear be overly glaringly shitty with spotify before. Going to have to audition them a bit more sober. Twelve more days to get a refund.

They do easily push 4ohm 15’s no problem which is interesting with 80wpc of A class. Frightening bass on those 15’s even though these amps arent officially rated for that kind of load.

Last edited:
Kept the aegirs after some tube rolling to dial em in. Definitely the most impressive amps ive tried and on any of my speakers.

Speaking of which I just scored a pair of KEF LS50 Meta’s for less than half the price of new because one of the cabinets has a crack in it. I’ll gladly repair and display that flaw for half off of the price. At this point Im running a bunch of schiit anyway.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
New TT

BryLmoo

AES Contact Cleaner, Extraordinaire!!!,
20 Year Member
"Audiophile" is a fucking farce. Whatever sounds good to you, sounds good to you.

That said, I'm running a Project debut carbon and yamaha natural sound CD player out to a Rotel RA-1520 integrated amp. The amp is feeding Large Advent speakers.

I'm happy.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Uhm. It's superb, as it should be.
I had a michell gyro SE with SME IV before

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
This is my Technics 1200G that I picked up end of last year. Slum tier compared to Kernow‘s unit above but I’m really happy with it.

30BE56F8-A9FA-479A-BF5D-FF2DF4335402.jpeg

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Can't beat a 1200 tbh
Yeah, I actually got rid of my Ikura and switched over to a 1200 because as nice as the Ikura was it was was fragile and to change speeds you had to remove the platter and adjust the belt. They may not be sexy looking but a 1200 with a nice cartridge and phono amp is perfectly fine and damn near indestructible.

The newer 1200s also no longer have the cables hard wired into the unit which was always their biggest problem.

Yeah cant argue with a 1200, they deserve their reputation. Thinking of upgrading to a pro-ject debut pro towards the end of the year myself.

Been also considering a set of klipsch forte IV’s, ive been so impressed with the kef meta’s in my bookshelf setup that I think Im ready to give up the vintage speakers on my big setup.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah cant argue with a 1200, they deserve their reputation. Thinking of upgrading to a pro-ject debut pro towards the end of the year myself.

Been also considering a set of klipsch forte IV’s, ive been so impressed with the kef meta’s in my bookshelf setup that I think Im ready to give up the vintage speakers on my big setup.
Do it, they look ace

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Does anyone have suggestions for small bookshelf speakers? I got a U-Turn deck, but need to position it around the corner from the TV stand. I'm hoping I can fit the speakers into the shelf of the TV stand.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
The turntable ended up coming early so I ordered the Edifier R1280T set which should be here tomorrow. If you guys have anything in $200 range in mind, let me know, though. These would just be placeholders until we buy a house next year, so they don't have be amazing.