NFL 2021 Thread

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Both the AFC and NFC West teams all won on opening day.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Stafford > Goff
Stafford is the ultimate cautionary tale. He begged Detroit to take him with their first round pick. Should have angled away from Detroit with all his bargaining power. Cursed franchise.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Stafford is the ultimate cautionary tale. He begged Detroit to take him with their first round pick. Should have angled away from Detroit with all his bargaining power. Cursed franchise.
I honestly didn't know what to expect from him. I can't remember the last time I watched a Lions game, lol. I was very happy with what I saw. I watched Goff in the 2nd quarter of the 9er game and was very happy Goff was gone.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
I wanted the Broncos to get Stafford.

Bridgewater isn't nearly as good but he seems to have been a steal (Broncos traded a 6th rounder for him and the Panthers are still covering 70% of his salary).

famicommander

15 Year Member
Bridgewater got knocked out with a concussion. Broncos were losing anyway but Drew Lock made it so much worse.

Missing both starting offensive guards and it showed. Broncos QBs took 5 sacks and like 20 hits last night; couldn't block anybody inside to save their lives.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Chargers are decent. amazing how close Herbert’s stats are to Burrow, despite the two playing polar opposites of teams.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
The Miami Dolphins could have Tom Brady in his prime at quarterback, and they still wouldnt win shit with that swiss cheese offensive line. Also the defense has taken a huge step back from last season.......only consistent player is Xavien Howard.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Which players do you all see being traded for major chips?

CJ Mosby
Myles Jack
Xavien Howard

steelers have a lot of great defensive players but they need a QB, and not one on their current roster. Haskins will never learn the playbook. They should dump Fitzpatrick for picks. He will help them out more as a draft capital generator.

I am focused on defensive players because it seems clear defense doesn’t win games. Defense can create chaos, but you need an elite offense to compete. So trade your defensive blue chips and make your offense elite if you can.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Holy shit, those Seattle unis are an eyesore. Sponsored by Sharpie highlighters.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bridgewater got knocked out with a concussion. Broncos were losing anyway but Drew Lock made it so much worse.

Missing both starting offensive guards and it showed. Broncos QBs took 5 sacks and like 20 hits last night; couldn't block anybody inside to save their lives.
Lock was so bad that I hope Fangio/Shurmur keep him on a very short leash this week and put in Rypien if he looks anything like he did against Baltimore (assuming Bridgewater is out I mean). He still makes so many bad decisions and has such bad accuracy to boot.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lock was so bad that I hope Fangio/Shurmur keep him on a very short leash this week and put in Rypien if he looks anything like he did against Baltimore (assuming Bridgewater is out I mean). He still makes so many bad decisions and has such bad accuracy to boot.
Lock is garbage but I wouldn't want Rypien to play behind the offensive line that Lock had to last week.

Bridgewater is expected to start as long as the independent doctor clears him. He's been cleared by the Broncos doctors and practiced today, so it seems like he'll play.

The bigger question is whether the two offensive linemen they were missing last week will play. They really, really need at least one of them back. That rookie last week couldn't block a girl scout.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This season looks rough. Thinking to check back in March for the pre-draft hype. The off season is where the DC teams (sans Caps) really entertain.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Broncos need to fire their head coach and OC. The playcalling these last two games has been utterly atrocious.

They nearly came back and won after they got into the two minute drill, because then the OC can't be a conservative idiot.

It's like they just decided they have to start every god damn drive in third and long. I can call out the plays just based on formations with about 80% accuracy before the snap; if I can do that, then the other team's linebackers are doing it with 100% accuracy.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
DC needs to fire Jack Del Rio. Defensive play calling this season has been putrid.
Jamin Davis is only getting a few snaps per game - the 1st round pick right there. Even when slow ass Jon Bostic is out injured, they won’t play Davis.

Landon Collins, refusing to play linebacker vocally, has tacitly refused to play any position, but demands to be a starter. He needs to be put in a plastic bag filled with gasoline and Palmolive and set on fire.

offensive line injuries on the right side have exposed Heinicke as an undrafted QB. Not much can be done there. I still like the kid.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Heinicke's got a lot of talent but he definitely plays like a guy who hasn't seen a lot of pro snaps. He can move, he's accurate and he's got the arm. He just needs to learn to take a sack and not be so cavalier with the ball. I just don't know if you want to invest a lot of time teaching a 28-year-old.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Heinicke's got a lot of talent but he definitely plays like a guy who hasn't seen a lot of pro snaps. He can move, he's accurate and he's got the arm. He just needs to learn to take a sack and not be so cavalier with the ball. I just don't know if you want to invest a lot of time teaching a 28-year-old.
It’s a problem that covers the entire NFL - teams don’t want to invest time in guys who aren’t 1st rounders. Brady is only playing because he got lucky with Bledsoe getting injured. Russell Wilson feels like the exception, as Carroll actually gave him a chance in preseason.

Rivera touched on it last week when asked how he felt about Heinicke being just a backup in the XFL - said coaches don’t always evaluate well.

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
Its going to be tough to watch with no Wilson. Its been hard already with him there but Ken Norton is a moron. He should have been fired last year. He is no Defensive Coach and should stick to being a linebacker coach.

Seahawks are on pace to give up the most yards in nfl history. They averaging 450yards a game. 🤮

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Good game…and Gruden is gone now. Honestly they seem like stereotypical football coach material but times have changed and people can’t handle rough language any more I guess. Definitely some shady shit going on with these email leaks—maybe Goodell got upset about what Gruden called him?

I mean, the fucking halftime show is Dre, Snoop, and Eminem. Is the NFL gonna look up the lyrics to some of their old albums and kick them off the show?