Matrix 4.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Animatrix was good from what I can remember.

The list of good part fours is very short. There should be a sequel cut off of 5 years after the last one. Everyone looks old and it's just depressing. Indiana Jones is pushing 80. The whole thing will need Weekend at Bernies CGI.

I remember when I used to use Land Before Time as the ridiculous sequels example. Sure there are tons of Godzilla movies, but Land Before Time kept numbering them. Well now, Fast & Furious has basically stuck with numbering them and they're about to cross #10 which will be hilariously stupid.

Imagine if there was a new movie called James Bond 007 26: No Time to Die.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Animatrix was good from what I can remember.

I remember when I used to use Land Before Time as the ridiculous sequels example. Sure there are tons of Godzilla movies, but Land Before Time kept numbering them. Well now, Fast & Furious has basically stuck with numbering them and they're about to cross #10 which will be hilariously stupid.

Imagine if there was a new movie called James Bond 007 26: No Time to Die.
Ive never seen a single fast and furious movie.

Although I tried to make a tribute website for Paul Walker when he died.

It kept crashing.

rimshot.exe

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
After the series soft reboot it literally became super heroes in cars. All the movies are dumb as fuck. I’ve seen more than one in the theater.

Truly my guilty pleasure. Again, the movies are so ducking dumb and the last one was no exception.

But we got Ludacris in space so it’s all good.

The spin-off w/ the rock and jason stathan was way better than it had any right to be. Sad we won’t see that again.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Ive never seen a single fast and furious movie.
You are missing out. A couple of them are gloriously ridiculous. I forget which ones exactly, I think 5 & 6. One has a car chase with a giant bus-sized safe filled with money being towed by rice burners and chains. Another has cars escaping the top of a skyscraper by jumping back and forth between towers until they got down to ground level. Just stupid shit that is so far beyond unbelievable that it's not even insulting to the audience anymore. Like if they cut to the car interiors and you saw the drivers were actually Bugs Bunny and the Tazmanian Devil, it would be a lateral move in terms of realism.

Then another movie (or maybe also 6) has a brawl on a cargo plane where Vin Desel suddenly busts out a flying dolphin headbutt. And even though I've already told you it's coming, I DEFY you not to involuntarily laugh when it happens. These movies are a hoot.

If you start from the beginning of the series, it's a little different. The first three are just whatever, because they're kind of trying to be regular movies. The first one is a low rent imitation of Point Break. The fourth movie is a bridge between the early attempts at producing standard Hollywood fare and the outlandish cartoon nonsense that is to come. From the fifth movie on, they are straight up bullshit...in a good way. They make Roger Moore James Bond movies look like The English Patient.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
I wish the Fast and Furious movies used their Japanese names in every country, they are way more accurate to what the movies actually are.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
They're worse at naming movies than the Rambo franchise.

The Fast and the Furious
2 Fast 2 Furious
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift
Fast and Furious
Fast Five
Fast & Furious 6
Furious 7
The Fate of the Furious
F9

No god damn consistency.

First Blood
Rambo: First Blood Part II
Rambo III
Rambo
Rambo: Last Blood

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I wish the Fast and Furious movies used their Japanese names in every country, they are way more accurate to what the movies actually are.
The downside is that they aren't numbered here. So you have to waste memory space on remembering which comes first, "Ice Break" or "Sky Mission" or whatever. Max, Mega Max, etc.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I agree. Sequels are a symptom of a brain dead population.

Sometimes one must turn their brain off and watch The Fast and the Furious or a Marvel Film.

The problem occurs when I turn my brain off and still find the movie to be insulting to my brain dead intelligence.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Sometimes one must turn their brain off and watch The Fast and the Furious or a Marvel Film.

The problem occurs when I turn my brain off and still find the movie to be insulting to my brain dead intelligence.
Sure, I call that a guilty pleasure.

like the suicide squad. It was garbage. But I was entertained. Still garbage. Would not want to spend a penny on it.

and so far, with HBOmax and WB releases, the par for the course has been complete garbage. Wonder Woman 1984, Suicide Squad, Mortal Kombat, probably the gay pride lantinx shit I didn’t watch, and the slow burning dramas, those were probably trash.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Godzilla vs Kong was pretty stupid but I had fun with it. Probably the best HBO Max movie I've watched since I subscribed.

Thankfully, the producers say they are considering eliminating human characters altogether in the next one. They may as well because they suck ass at writing them.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Godzilla vs Kong was pretty stupid but I had fun with it. Probably the best HBO Max movie I've watched since I subscribed.

Thankfully, the producers say they are considering eliminating human characters altogether in the next one. They may as well because they suck ass at writing them.
So no heroic panasian girl to display the humanity of Kong? Oh well.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Do you damn dirty apes not know about Coco?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member

I saw Godzilla vs Kong in the theater. It was worth it.

I demand another Godzilla film.