Matrix 4.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There are a lot of reasons why the Matrix sequels were disappointing, IMO.
Well, in my opinion there will always be a problem if you leave the hero with godlike powers already at the end of the first part: there's hardly any reason to continue. Dune had the same flaw. The only way out is to reduce those powers again somehow but then the whole thing becomes redundant. If this "somehow" also goes against audiences' expectations, it all ends in disappointment. That's how I felt about both sequels, too.

Part one obviously left key questions unanswered, so the latter parts had to explain a lot. Those answers were necessary and even succeeded to remain logical most of the time, but in the end it felt like letting the mystery be replaced by logic alone didn't pay-off. The magic was gone. Now I don't expect much from Resurrections except being entertaining. Using Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit for this trailer was a nice choice, though.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Seems like they are going back to square one. I don't know it's confusing. Could be awesome, Could suck.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
Well, in my opinion there will always be a problem if you leave the hero with godlike powers already at the end of the first part: there's hardly any reason to continue. Dune had the same flaw. The only way out is to reduce those powers again somehow but then the whole thing becomes redundant. If this "somehow" also goes against audiences' expectations, it all ends in disappointment. That's how I felt about both sequels, too.

Part one obviously left key questions unanswered, so the latter parts had to explain a lot. Those answers were necessary and even succeeded to remain logical most of the time, but in the end it felt like letting the mystery be replaced by logic alone didn't pay-off. The magic was gone. Now I don't expect much from Resurrections except being entertaining. Using Jefferson Airplane's White Rabbit for this trailer was a nice choice, though.

I think that there were slivers of concepts that could have solved this, though. It's revealed in Reloaded that Neo is just another facet of control leveraged by the machines. They could have used this to take away Neo's powers to some extent – put him in a sort of purgatory of being super powerful, but being dangerous to the agenda of the resistance. He'd be going from an assumed messiah to an unwitting or unwilling wolf in sheep's clothing. His challenge could have been to fight against (or resist the temptations of) the systems that created / controlled him, rather than what Reloaded presented, which was to make an unprecedented move when presented with a choice between saving everyone or saving Trinity.

And speaking of being unprecedented, my guess is that 4 is about how Neo is an anomaly within the set of The Ones. The machines tried to copy his data or whatever so they could create a better The One or learn from him somehow. Neo is in his own sandboxed simulation, and the machines are learning from his thoughts and actions. Just my wild guess, though.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Holy shit I forgot the big brother transitioned too. Thought it was only one.

edit: Speed Racer is one of my favorite movies of all time, but after that (2008) I never saw any Wachowski movie. Oh looks like only two - Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Acsending.
I really loved Cloud Atlas, I read the book afterwards and it was basically the same thing. Jupiter Ascending was okay at best.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
g78ookfy7zm71.jpg

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I really loved Cloud Atlas, I read the book afterwards and it was basically the same thing. Jupiter Ascending was okay at best.
One of my friends used to get us free advanced screeners for movies that hadn’t come out yet in general release at the UA at King of Prussia. You would put your name in online and then wait in this long line and hope to get in. They were fun, sometimes they would have contests and they would give away free t-shirts. I think I saw about 10 movies that way. One of those we went to was Cloud Atlas, I really loved seeing that in the theaters, it was so unique and we saw it at least a month before it was fully out.

I remember my experiences around the Matrix more than the movies had an impact on me. The first one I worked at Stop N Save Software (owned by Electronics Boutique) with another member of the forums here no less and it was an interesting and fun time in my life it was the summer I graduated from college, but when the second one came out it was the first time I went to Europe to visit my brother in Avignon France. The Cannes Film Festival was starting while we were there and my Father knew I wanted to go so he said to me let’s rent a car and you and I go to Cannes, so we did the first day of the festival. We rented the only automatic they had. We couldn’t get in anywhere but we saw all of the hotels that were done up for the Matrix and Terminator 3 and other movies, there were cool French Matrix posters everywhere we stopped all the gas station rest stops had magazines with it on the cover. Later my Dad saw a sign for Monaco and he said let’s do it and I drove through Monaco including that tunnel. They were setting up for the race in a couple of weeks and I watched it the day I got back to the USA, and that’s what got me into F-1. The end of the trip we were in London and my Father and I saw Reloaded in a theater there, such good memories.

I’ll give Matrix 4 a chance I hope it’s good, it’s probably the only reason I’m keeping HBO Max until then, although my Father will want to watch the Sopranos movie at his house.

Last edited:

rarehero

Rotterdam Nation Resident,
20 Year Member
Holy shit I forgot the big brother transitioned too. Thought it was only one.

edit: Speed Racer is one of my favorite movies of all time, but after that (2008) I never saw any Wachowski movie. Oh looks like only two - Cloud Atlas and Jupiter Acsending.

Speed racer was so much better than any anime to big screen movie deserves to be, I'm glad the wachoskis gave it such a good treatment. It's on of my favorite movies, somewhere in the top 10, maybe 15.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
I havent seen Speed Racer, but I gotta say the movie didnt interest me in the least, going by the trailers.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It actually is.

It's what stuff like Alita and Ready Player One tried to be but failed.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Speed racer was so much better than any anime to big screen movie deserves to be, I'm glad the wachoskis gave it such a good treatment. It's on of my favorite movies, somewhere in the top 10, maybe 15.
I’m just here to +1 this right here. The live-action Speed Racer movie was way better than it had any right to be.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I’ll watch it. Same as Dune. Neither will be made for me, so I’ll probably forget about them.