Bitcoin?

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
There is a random pump on the coins as well it seems

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
words of some. amazon might be coming into the crypto space ...

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Yes, for BTC, ETH and ADA. As such I loaded up on post split NVDA a little while ago, with the idea that their cards will continue to propel them upwards as we, mere citizens, become both banks and, for some, mints.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i meant "random" as in not seeing what is causing this. fine by me, i ain't complaining.
I think there has been more faith in the system with last week’s Titan talk, starting Cathie, Elon, and Jack, where Elon came out saying he pumps but doesn’t dump, and that he’s holding ETH as well. This helped drag BTC and other crypto out of the muck.

Then Amazon purporting to accept BTC, and eventually ETH and ADA in 2021. That’s a very aggressive statement and honestly, I don’t see how they can balance that on the ledger for the IRS, as there’s gotta be some capital gains tax event somewhere in that for the buyers.

Anyhow, that’s my take on it.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Yes, for BTC, ETH and ADA. As such I loaded up on post split NVDA a little while ago, with the idea that their cards will continue to propel them upwards as we, mere citizens, become both banks and, for some, mints.
i dont know about the tech side of these , who the next closest compititon to Nvidia ? AMD, Intel i pick up some intel shares last weeks, would be willing to add to average down or up down the road . my reasoning is that the us want more controll of the supply of chips and manufacturing rather then rely on china as their relationship might be worst , another one i have on my watch list is micron .

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
i dont know about the tech side of these , who the next closest compititon to Nvidia ? AMD, Intel i pick up some intel shares last weeks, would be willing to add to average down or up down the road . my reasoning is that the us want more controll of the supply of chips and manufacturing rather then rely on china as their relationship might be worst , another one i have on my watch list is micron .
not sure about mu or intel.

racecar

Strolheim Choir Member
20 Year Member
Crypto ain’t so bad , Investors lost about 1 trillion dollars in Chinese tech stocks the pass weeks during the ccp crackdown

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Crypto ain’t so bad , Investors lost about 1 trillion dollars in Chinese tech stocks the pass weeks during the ccp crackdown
The Party's showin the billionaires who wears the pants

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Now the US govt presents a broken bill that will ambiguously disadvantage every miner as a broker, obligated to file a 1099, which is crazy because they don’t have clients or know who their clients are.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Now the US govt presents a broken bill that will ambiguously disadvantage every miner as a broker, obligated to file a 1099, which is crazy because they don’t have clients or know who their clients are.
Merka showin the 'middle' class who wears the pants

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
In NYS there are questions about crypto where you have to declare ... whatever.... about it. But the law is not written to explicitly limit to crypto (as with many of these laws it is overly ambiguous) and it could be argued that you would have to declare other things. Because it just refers to "digital currency" or digital items that can be exchanged for real world money. I'm sure an good lawyer could argue that things like vbucks (or whatever that thing from Fortnite is) or say... booster packs in Steam can fit into the legal definition of what NYS is asking about.

The mining thing seems to be not what is being talked about in the NYS law anyways and it led to interesting conversation with tax preparer. Questions like:
- did you buy crypto in 2019? No
- did you receive crypto for free in 2019? No

But for a miner, you can get crypto and neither buy it nor get it for free. And this mixed up the tax preparer because they do not understand how it is possible.

Anyways, it is my understanding that the infrastructure bill is only talking about the exchanges having to report and not holders or miners. Basically that there should be a tax when a holder converts to real money. The exchange already takes a fee, heck even a lot of mining pools take a fee.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm thinking of launching a Neo-Geo.com/forum profile pic NFT collection. I will start the bidding on my pic at 5 eth.

Claudia Schiffer

back to basics
15 Year Member
I don't know anything about the topic matter or NFT's but one of these would've been Koll to own:

i was able to buy/mint a Meebits NFT just for shits and giggles. it's super gay, but it was a new project created by the team that did CryptoPunks so i thought it wouldn't be the worst bet. this will probably be my only NFT play.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I don't like that the crypto kiddies get to dump/re-buy instantly while I would get hit with a wash sale if I tried to do that with any of my holdings. Would have been nice to dump my Boeing stock when they were at $200 a few weeks ago and instantly rebuy.